Minecraft General

demby123

That's pretty big in my books :lol:

I have yet to build anything really tall since the sky was raised, and honestly, the structures I have that reach that high are really more like 30m structures, with a 30m tower on the top for a view and to be tall. I prefer the sprawling complex.

Is the pyrimid hollow? That thing would have some pretty serious floor space available, or you could fill it up with your fortress of evil (everyone should have a fortress of evil. Or three).

It's hollow, so technically I could put floors in it. At the moment I have a minetrack twisting around some of the hills in there, so the only light inside are redstone torches and during the day a little from the two openings. When you first go in though the other side is far enough away that the light does the fog in the tunnel thing, so it doesn't look completely dark.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Rollar coasters are good too. I never got around to building one for myself. Then again, I have RCT3 which does a better job of rollar coastering, so I'd probably just use that anyway. I like how there are hills inside your building :lol:

I'd like to try a rollercoaster, it actually wouldn't be that hard to do. Right now a lot of my rails might seem like they are rollercoasters since we are playing an "environmentally friendly" game in which we try to leave stuff as close to "natural" as possible. I always do rail on a three cobblestone wide trail, usually in the ground but this time it was laid on top of the ground, and I would go up and down and around hills rather than cutting a straight path. It makes things interesting, also it is why my pyramids are not all even at the bottom.

So I don't really want to go back through all 144 pages of this topic, has anyone been posting screenshots of what they were doing? If you have would you mind posting them again? I love looking at other's creations. Also how the hell do you take a screenshot on the 360 version?

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

You could always take a picture of your TV :lol:

My only construction I would consider to be awesome would be my castle island. It used to be a hill. I leveled it, then built it. The wall is legit (pre creative mode, though I was using a program to add cobblestone to my inventory). The walls encompase 1.6 hectares of land. The netherbrick construction is the begginings of a house based off real life, but I think I need to rescale the foundations a bit because it got kind of wonky. Much of the castle is hollow, except for the tower, where the upper section extends down into the interior, and the throne room.

Birds eye view:

gen3islandover.png

View from the tower:

gen3towerview.png

Throne Room:

gen3throneroom.png

Then we have the two towers. The one in the background was my first tall structure (it hits the old 64 unit ceiling, same as the near tower which is a bit taller). Background is totally legit. The near one is actually obsidian on the bottom two thirds to make it blast proof. The stone is mostly a facade.

twotowers.png

Now, all my first buildings had panic rooms, in case the creepers were after me. The bunker tower (near one) was itself designed to be creeper resistant, but it still has a panic room on the 3rd floor (upper 3rd of the bunker part of the building). I might have gone a bit overboard:

fortknox.png

The far side of the room is the entrance, and was actually designed to be manned by up to 5 defenders (there is a gun port that is closed in that pic, by the window in the bottom left), and to not have blindspots. The only place that can't be hit is directly infront of the window in the bottom left. That single square should be safe. Then, running along the ceiling and down to the right side of the pic is the safe room for the fortress (that is in a bunker). That safe room has windows, but they can be covered up from inside to make it more explosion proof. Now that the new AI is out, I would actually like to make a rough duplicate of this fort (except with more depth as this one only goes back 10m from the front door) and test it. Ideally with another fort behind it, and then a safe room (I like making forts).

And lastly, back over near castle island, I took a 3 sided valley, and put a roof on it to make this:

gen3supercave.png

Again, there is a fortress built into the far wall (this would be a wall I built along with the ceiling). The fort is far from done though. The bottom level still needs a self destruct, and the 3rd floor is non existant. The idea here is that monsters spawn in the dark, so I created a nice big cave for them to spawn in so I can 'study' them.

Yeah, that's what I want to see. Some awesome castles with some awesome walls. That wall is 3 wide right?

I like that tiered defense system too, the one for 5 defenders. I always debate whether to do iron doors (stronger) or wood doors (easier to use, still stop most everything). In the end I usually go with wood for ease of use, and after that it doesn't matter all that much because we hardly ever play on anything but peaceful.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Yeah, the walls are 3 wide, and they have a hall inside where the windows are, and access to the top of the wall from every tower.

When I use wodden doors, they are backed up by a couple sticky pistons that will make (in the case of the fort) a brick wall to block the entrance. In the interior, both the escape tunnel along the ceiling and the safe room are locked by steel doors. I'm not sure why the outer doors (especially the ground one) are all wooden.

It's been like a month since I played minecraft. Too busy with school I guess, as sad as that is. I'll make an effort to stay in this weekend and play a bit, maybe build something cool. The vast majority of my playing is just caving, but on my main world I have enough resources to last the rest of my life so I might as well put them to use.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I remember a mod I had at one point. I think it multiplied the size of the explosion by 100. Needless to say, I made a massive chain of them and blew up most of the map. Good times. :thumbup:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I play with minimal settings on my laptop so it doesn't look majestic but this is my current project:

[hide]

kg1xh.png

[/hide]

It's going to be a huge underground base. This is the first level and will consist of those stone bricks. Not sure what to put up here yet. The next level will be those clay brick thingies against wood for a classier look. It'll have an automated farmland down there to produce wheat to feed my pigs that are above land.

Just at a loss of what to put in.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Not sure how many people are into modding, but this is my first fully released mod, it works on both servers and on your single player client.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1504670-smpclient-132boomstick-explosive-wand-jetpack-invincibility-insane-new-toolsforge-works-on-servers/

(will change the link to video later, its uploading).

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know of a flashlight mod, or something similar? I've heard it's hard to do with the lighting engine.

Reason being, on our server, we recently took the hospital (~100 rooms), removed the lights, and waited until night to explore. It was pretty creepy, but we set a limit on the number of torches that could be out. This got annoying pretty quickly.

[spoiler=Screenshot]MmM0H.png

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Anything to do with lighting is very difficult. It is not possible to make anything brighter than glowstone for example.

Shameless plug of my runescape minecraft mod -

http://www.minecraft...e-modsmpclient/

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I streamed some Tekkit (Minecraft) last night with my little brother

http://www.twitch.tv...n11/b/336152620 This is the link to his TwitchTV account, where the footage is.

Was rather fun! I'm also progressively getting more eccentric during it, though I blame that on me having a bit too many beers at the same time!

Give a little look if you fancy :)

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Anyone know of a flashlight mod, or something similar? I've heard it's hard to do with the lighting engine.

Reason being, on our server, we recently took the hospital (~100 rooms), removed the lights, and waited until night to explore. It was pretty creepy, but we set a limit on the number of torches that could be out. This got annoying pretty quickly.

[spoiler=Screenshot]MmM0H.png

Would the lantern mod that the Yogscast recently showcased work? Go to 2:20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NVeaWxY0pKI&list=UUH-_hzb2ILSCo9ftVSnrCIQ#t=140s

22031_s.gif

Started trying to make a Hunger Games map with my friends for some reason. May post some photos if I can get them.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Thought I'd post the thing I've been working on.

20121021230538.png

For starters, the map. It's the first single player world I got dropped into on getting the game (Though it was a lot less frozen before beta 1.8), that desert area has a lot of hills, and I thought it'd be fun to build a castle that was mostly underground and/or half-buried. Thousands of pieces of stone later, I have this

20121021230101.png

20121021230240.png

There's not much of an organized structure to it, it's probably a deathtrap on anything above peaceful difficulty, and there's very little on the inside; it's just me thinking "This might be fun" and learning how to build larger and more intricate structures.

It's not done yet, but I like the progress I've made so far.

Hey all, I recently started playing Minecraft again and i set up a dedicated server on my new system. It has 8gb of ram, a 60gb ssd, an i5 quadcore 3.1ghz processor and so far it seems to be handling my handful of friends without even using any memory. The server is survival with no cheating what so ever. No spawning, completely vanilla. If any of you guys from the old diamondseekers servers would like to play with us let me know and i'll pm info.

Low_C.png

If i can no longer host i'll make sure i upload the map and hopefully one of you guys could host until I can host again. At the moment I can leave the server up 24/7. I can't predict the future though.

Low_C.png

My interest in MC had died completely, but then 1.8.2 came out on the 360 and I'm head over heels again, perhaps more so than ever.

So, I was mining today for cobblestone to smelt and use in some construction projects I've got going on, plus looking for rare minerals as a side-quest. Did my normal shaft mining... came across a cave with some lava. "Sweet, let's see where this goes." Cleared out a few enemies, discovering that Endermen really hate water (I genuinely didn't know). Then I noticed a purple-orange light suddenly descend slowly down the walls of this cave. "That's strange... we're so far down that there shouldn't be any natural light here." So I look up... "WHAT THE HELL!?" It was a very deep underground ravine, the first I've ever seen, and I was standing right at the bottom of this massive pit, looking up at all its ledges and twisting side passages.

I know it's only a game, and a very pixelated one, but it was one of those few moments in life when you're completely dazzled by the magnitude and the complexity of the sight in front of you. I imagine it's how someone might feel if they saw the Grand Canyon for the first time without seeing it in a book or Wikipedia.

Only a very, very few games have ever made me feel that way. It's incredible that a game which is so graphically dumbed-down managed to, but it's a sign of good game design.

My interest in MC had died completely, but then 1.8.2 came out on the 360 and I'm head over heels again, perhaps more so than ever.

So, I was mining today for cobblestone to smelt and use in some construction projects I've got going on, plus looking for rare minerals as a side-quest. Did my normal shaft mining... came across a cave with some lava. "Sweet, let's see where this goes." Cleared out a few enemies, discovering that Endermen really hate water (I genuinely didn't know). Then I noticed a purple-orange light suddenly descend slowly down the walls of this cave. "That's strange... we're so far down that there shouldn't be any natural light here." So I look up... "WHAT THE HELL!?" It was a very deep underground ravine, the first I've ever seen, and I was standing right at the bottom of this massive pit, looking up at all its ledges and twisting side passages.

I know it's only a game, and a very pixelated one, but it was one of those few moments in life when you're completely dazzled by the magnitude and the complexity of the sight in front of you. I imagine it's how someone might feel if they saw the Grand Canyon for the first time without seeing it in a book or Wikipedia.

Only a very, very few games have ever made me feel that way. It's incredible that a game which is so graphically dumbed-down managed to, but it's a sign of good game design.

Same! I found a massive ravine in the middle of this huge abandoned mineshaft. It's mind blowing.

On that note, on the very same world, sheep seem to be extinct. It's rather irritating, as about 20 minecraft days in and we still have 1 bed. ¬_¬

-Random Youtuber