Minecraft General

demby123

Yeah the greifers only greifed town and my stack of diamond picks wernt in town so I still had them. Low gave me a stack since I mined most of the cobblestone for the local projects.

Also how could I forget about the ground. I dug up every block of dirt and replaced it with cobblestone. And then I had the biggest farm in town. Claiming an entire unused section of town for a half wheat half sugercane farm, by the library.

Yeah the greifers only greifed town and my stack of diamond picks wernt in town so I still had them. Low gave me a stack since I mined most of the cobblestone for the local projects.

Also how could I forget about the ground. I dug up every block of dirt and replaced it with cobblestone. And then I had the biggest farm in town. Claiming an entire unused section of town for a half wheat half sugercane farm, by the library.

To be honest, i liked the grass more then the cobble

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

How did you guys deal with sharing 'possessions'? Diamond stacks/tools/weapons, for example.

My friend takes the attitude that because it's "his" world he can basically raid everyone else's house, generally help himself to whatever he wants and then burn our houses down with lava for teh lulz. Understandably, this has not been conducive to developing local projects, and I'm trying to come up with an alternative way of doing things...

We had our own personal chests insides our houses, and then we had a community house in town where we'd put anything that we were ok with people taking. Stone, dirt, wood, coal, etc. Diamonds didn't usually show up in there since most people just looked for enough diamonds for themselves.

We had our own personal chests insides our houses, and then we had a community house in town where we'd put anything that we were ok with people taking. Stone, dirt, wood, coal, etc. Diamonds didn't usually show up in there since most people just looked for enough diamonds for themselves.

There was also a mod where you could lock chests, pretty sure that got a lot of use.

It's an Xbox server so mods aren't happening any time in the next twelve months. TBH I just showed him the benefits of cooperating by helping him mine a shit load of resources. Hopefully, I've lead this horse to water...

Oh btw, Mojang are being patent troll'd.

Chest-locking and land-protection plugins may be a good idea on a large unwhitelisted server but on whitelisted servers they just create problems for the community. Taking some cobble from your friends chest isn't a problem and neither is using somebodies farm.

If it's still a problem, hide your chest in a wall or something:

706iA.png

qTLQRuS.png

Chest-locking and land-protection plugins may be a good idea on a large unwhitelisted server but on whitelisted servers they just create problems for the community. Taking some cobble from your friends chest isn't a problem and neither is using somebodies farm.

Depends on the friend or the server. If they're alright with you taking stuff, go for it (Tell them though, that's just good manners). If they're not, don't do it unless you're interested in being the community's problem.

If you guys want a server to play on:

46.105.108.19:25597

It's the server of a friend and i, we've been online for 6 months now, it's a survival server.

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

That cathedral/church looks pretty darn amazing.

Does Minecraft not have a friends list type system? I find it lacking in those areas :\

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

They've put quite a lot of work on that server, when I was connected to it there is just so much stuff that has been built on it, and it's all pretty awesome and well built.

That cathedral/church looks pretty darn amazing.

Does Minecraft not have a friends list type system? I find it lacking in those areas :\

I think notch was planning to put one in at one point.

I joined that server the other day and I've been enjoying it. There are some pretty interesting mods on there like locked chests/doors, currency (and a whole market place), warps, only one person having to sleep to end the night, and a material depot. There are some pretty sweet builds on the server too like a skyscraper city, an airplane in the sky, a legit pirate ship, the Temple of Time (from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time), and a football/soccer stadium where they apparently played a game before. It's a nice server all around, especially when you don't have to put up with griefers.

Also, there's a live map of the server, which is really useful for navigation. My only complaint is that practically everyone else on the server is Dutch and I don't know any of their words except hallo :P. I would definitely recommend joining, though.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Chest-locking and land-protection plugins may be a good idea on a large unwhitelisted server but on whitelisted servers they just create problems for the community.

Not in the least. The only reason why you would think that is if you've never used a good protection mod. Both LWC and Residence - hell, even Factions - can easily add other users to an accepted build/use list. When used properly, it has absolutely no negative impact on the community. Unless you're in a community of griefers, maybe...

hzvjpwS.gif

Chest-locking and land-protection plugins may be a good idea on a large unwhitelisted server but on whitelisted servers they just create problems for the community.

Not in the least. The only reason why you would think that is if you've never used a good protection mod. Both LWC and Residence - hell, even Factions - can easily add other users to an accepted build/use list. When used properly, it has absolutely no negative impact on the community. Unless you're in a community of griefers, maybe...

I personally don't see any use of restricting a persons ability to access areas or share items when with hawkeye I can look and see malicious grieving and revert it in a second. There's no need to restrict the players experience or detract from vanilla gameplay when simply having a dedicated admin or a few extra moderators (on a larger server) who are willing to fix issues rather than just shut everything off.

qTLQRuS.png

I spent the evening hunting for temples and checking out all the recent updates. No luck with the treasure hunting (although I did find an abandoned mine shaft), but I've now got a big family of dogs and plans for a cat.

Are there any multiplayer servers out there focusing on the adventure and exploration side of things (as opposed to the creation - I remember how much item spawning we did in the first server)?

I personally don't see any use of restricting a persons ability to access areas or share items when with hawkeye I can look and see malicious grieving and revert it in a second. There's no need to restrict the players experience or detract from vanilla gameplay when simply having a dedicated admin or a few extra moderators (on a larger server) who are willing to fix issues rather than just shut everything off.

I can do the same exact thing without "shutting everything off" AND allowing players to build in an area knowing that they're safe to do so. Coreprotect also lets me roll back anything done easily, which we employ on our server. And instead of being hyper vigilant and never getting a chance to enjoy the game or having a bloated staff for no reason, our staff and users can both equally enjoy the game knowing their belongings are safe should there ever be a time when another staff member isn't around.

I really just don't understand your hangup with protection mods. I get wanting a pure-vanilla experience but just understand you're in a minority there.

hzvjpwS.gif