Minecraft General

demby123

Boosters are back in pre 6

:D

@Kimberly: I heard it was being launched in time with Minecon...

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

My minecraft hates me. I've been playing a PvP server recently, and my Minecraft keeps freezing up or slowing down (very very slow) for no apparent reason. I doubt that it's my computer, seeing as it runs more than 80fps otherwise. It's just these damned lag spikes.

Tried playing.

Tried growing a mushroom.

Tried growing mushrooms on mushrooms.

Fell off the beginnings of my Shroomception Fortress.

Tried climbing back up.

Did you know Creepers spawned on top of mushrooms?

1199i84.jpg

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

My minecraft hates me. I've been playing a PvP server recently, and my Minecraft keeps freezing up or slowing down (very very slow) for no apparent reason. I doubt that it's my computer, seeing as it runs more than 80fps otherwise. It's just these damned lag spikes.

How long ago did you clear the dust in your computer? Does that in my old laptop except it's my old laptop not being strong enough and producing enough heat to almost overheat from all the work the processor is doing.

My life is devoted to grinding xp. I got up to level 50 and then managed to kill myself doing something stupid before I could use it. Put me all the way back to level 8. All I [bleep]ing want is fortune.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I haven't worked on my city for a while, but recently got back into it.

Finished the so-called, "Undercity" - old part of town lost under the growth above.

[hide]avenccisouthernundercit.jpg[/hide]

Also finished a little shopping district with a canal.

[hide]avenccicanaldistrict.jpg[/hide]

Annnd the city progress overall; this picture just scratches the surface...literally.

[hide]avenccioveralldec5.jpg[/hide]

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Goddammit Nick, stop making all of our creations inadequate :grin:

Seriously though, that's amazing.

Haha, sorry. :razz:

I really want to realize this on a download, but there's lots of holes and gaps around. Once I smooth them out, I'll make a download.

[hide=For example, under the Arena...a big hole.]lolpt.png[/hide]

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

My life is devoted to grinding xp. I got up to level 50 and then managed to kill myself doing something stupid before I could use it. Put me all the way back to level 8. All I [bleep]ing want is fortune.

You watch Etho, right? Make a cave spider/blaze farm.

You watch Etho, right? Make a cave spider/blaze farm.

I have a zombie farm, it works well enough. If my laptop was better it would be fine, but 200+ mobs drops me to a frame every few seconds. Otherwise I would just leave it running overnight and kill them in the morning.

Plus I got a Fortune 3, Efficiency 4m Unbreaking 3 diamond pickaxe, so I'm ok for now. All I need is to find a nether fortress and I'll be able to just throw a splash potion and kill them all at once, more or less negating the frame rate issue.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

My current project is not nearly as polished looking (I am still working on making things look nice) as some of your guys projects, but I am proud enough of what I have done so share it. It's maybe 50% done, because the castle is about half built (It will probably end up being taller, needs all its towers completed, and it needs battlements), and there is still an entire village to build, as well as some stuff under ground. I started on this once I grew tired of making redstone circuits for my mountain fortress.

Also the island used to have a hill on it. The wall and flattening the island combined was 12 hours. For the castle, I got a program to help me build some of the walls because I injured both wrists making the walls (I did it in a day, which was a mistake).

Once I am done I plan on going around and trying to make things look a bit nicer. Right now, I am still a bit overwhelmed about the scale of the project compared to what I normally do, and I am focusing more on the bulk work.

Also, the wall is about 100x160 meters, so the walls encompass about 1.6 hectares. Also, you can walk around the walls either on top or inside the entire way.

Finally, the interior of the castle (last pic) is going to be part labrynth because I needed something to fill it with. Once that's done I'll build a real interior on top of it.

[hide]

airials2.png

castles2.png

entrances2.png

interiors2.png

[/hide]

Does anyone know of any good UK hosts that offer SSH & FTP access? Access to a preview server would be nice too. I'm currently hosting a server off my VPS, but the ping on it's terrible: ~200-300ms at the best of times, plus a lot of jutter and slow spikes.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

Does anyone know of any good UK hosts that offer SSH & FTP access? Access to a preview server would be nice too. I'm currently hosting a server off my VPS, but the ping on it's terrible: ~200-300ms at the best of times, plus a lot of jutter and slow spikes.

www.gamehosting.co.uk

They offer VPS's, but also FTP hosting which I use which is 8 slots with 1GB RAM and shared CPU/HDD (you get 1 core of a xeon, don't recall which model, and ~10GB RAM) for 6 quid a month, 60 quid a year depending on subscription. Really nice deal, nice and quick. Customer service is also ace, so if you have any questions their guy replies within like a day.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

www.gamehosting.co.uk

They offer VPS's, but also FTP hosting which I use which is 8 slots with 1GB RAM and shared CPU/HDD (you get 1 core of a xeon, don't recall which model, and ~10GB RAM) for 6 quid a month, 60 quid a year depending on subscription. Really nice deal, nice and quick. Customer service is also ace, so if you have any questions their guy replies within like a day.

I'll check them out. Thanks :).

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.