Minecraft General

demby123

I tried eating cooked steak, wouldnt let me. NOTCH YUBREAKEVERYTHING?

Probably because that isn't a finished version yet? :thumbup:

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I'm really liking 1.8 so far. It's pretty laggy on my laptop annoyingly, but hopefully performance will be better when the update's properly released.

I've really been enjoying exploring the abandoned mines; they're often connected to ravines and dungeons which makes them massive. I've lost count of the amount of times I've got myself lost exploring them, but I always seem to find my way back with an inventory full of goodies.

My only gripe is that in the first world I generated, I spawned in the middle of an ocean biome! I spent about 10 minutes trying to find my way to land and gave up in the end!

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

So far I found a dinky village, and miles upon miles upon miles of abandoned miles that float mid-air. Made myself a two-story house at the village I found so wee. Hopefully creepers don't blow the village and I up. <_<

And caverns... lots and lots of deep caverns. :|

Now that they've got this flood of betatesters thanks to this leak, what do you guys reckon the release date of this will be?

Great question. For sure it's not going to be the 12th, as previously stated. Perhaps next week?

My two complaints of this 1.8 are so:

1) Mineshafts spawn way too much.

2) You shouldn't spawn in an ocean biome. :wall: (but this is very minor :razz:)

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Mineshafts! Mineshafts everywhere! And I still haven't found a single village. Too bad.

Anyway, these vines spread like crazy:

[hide=Epic vine]20110911210405.png

Yes, all that vine has grown from that single tree. I haven't done anything with it[/hide]

I thought it was unintentionally leaked. Maybe it's just an old version.

It was. One of the mod developers who got an advanced release leaked the link.

But then Mojang didn't want people getting viruses from fake copies of it, so they leaked it themselves. That's why you can download it from the Minecraft website through the link I posted on the last page.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

I thought it was unintentionally leaked. Maybe it's just an old version.

It was. One of the mod developers who got an advanced release leaked the link.

But then Mojang didn't want people getting viruses from fake copies of it, so they leaked it themselves. That's why you can download it from the Minecraft website through the link I posted on the last page.

He asked if it was intentionally leaked. I answered. :P Mojang sanctioned it after the second prerelease link was leaked and they realized it was inevitable.

Sorry if I gave any other impression that the link you provided was bad or sneaky, wasn't my intention. :P

hzvjpwS.gif

Is it me, or is land surface generation bland? It usually goes like this:

------^^^^^^-------^^^------^------^^^---------______

Plains, mountains, plains, mountain, plains, ocean...

Meh, anyway they released a second update to the pre-release, fixing some bugs and the dreaded mineshaft spam.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

*Looks at arm*... The creeper is a spy!

But yes, I too am finding that it runs faar more smoothly now. I can actually play it without having 1FPS.

EDIT: Damn, first on a new page so my post is out of context :(

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

*Looks at arm*... The creeper is a spy!

But yes, I too am finding that it runs faar more smoothly now. I can actually play it without having 1FPS.

EDIT: Damn, first on a new page so my post is out of context :(

Creeps always return home. :thumbup:

I found a ravine stretching from a little harbor next to my house to gold/lapi lulzi level. From the bottom you can see a huge waterfall from the harbor flowing down the rocks and edges. I will post a pic up later, when I'm down there again.

Also, is it just this ravine, or is the area around ravines hollow? Hollow as in open spaces separated by a thin layer of stone or gravel.

siggy3s.jpg

Same here.

Also, NPC villages...Without the NPCs.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang