Golden Joystick Awards

elucin8er

We’ve got some exciting news to share with you: Jagex has once again been shortlisted for the prestigious UK Developer of the Year Golden Joystick Award. This is the same category that we won last year, thanks to all of your support.

We fondly remember last year, when so many of you voted for us following our newspost that you actually managed to crash the Golden Joystick web servers, not just once or twice, but four times! Despite their servers repeatedly falling over under the massive strain, they still managed to register in excess of 1.3 million player votes, which earned them a Guinness World Record for the most player votes ever received (thanks to all of you, of course)!

The Golden Joystick Awards are the only games industry awards chosen entirely by players, which is naturally what matters most to us, and we are really honoured by and thankful for your continued support.

If you would like to support Jagex in this year’s Golden Joystick Awards, simply go to this voting page on the Golden Joystick website - you’ll find Jagex in the 'UK Developer of the Year' category. We’ve been assured that the servers have been upgraded, so that there is no way our community will be able to crash their website this time round; however, we guess that remains to be seen...

We’ve certainly had a great deal of fun working on our games this year and hope that you have enjoyed all the new events and updates that we’ve released so far. We have tons more planned for the rest of the year and can’t wait until we can share it with you all.

Thanks again and all the best,

Andrew & Mark Gerhard

Bring back old wildy and free trade then i'll vote@@@@

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Weve got some exciting news to share with you: Jagex has once again been shortlisted for the prestigious UK Developer of the Year Golden Joystick Award. This is the same category that we won last year, thanks to all of your support.

We fondly remember last year, when so many of you voted for us following our newspost that you actually managed to crash the Golden Joystick web servers, not just once or twice, but four times! Despite their servers repeatedly falling over under the massive strain, they still managed to register in excess of 1.3 million player votes, which earned them a Guinness World Record for the most player votes ever received (thanks to all of you, of course)!

The Golden Joystick Awards are the only games industry awards chosen entirely by players, which is naturally what matters most to us, and we are really honoured by and thankful for your continued support.

If you would like to support Jagex in this years Golden Joystick Awards, simply go to this voting page on the Golden Joystick website - youll find Jagex in the 'UK Developer of the Year' category. Weve been assured that the servers have been upgraded, so that there is no way our community will be able to crash their website this time round; however, we guess that remains to be seen...

Weve certainly had a great deal of fun working on our games this year and hope that you have enjoyed all the new events and updates that weve released so far. We have tons more planned for the rest of the year and cant wait until we can share it with you all.

Thanks again and all the best,

Andrew & Mark Gerhard

Bring back old wildy and free trade then i'll vote@@@@

YAAAAAAAAA@@@@@@@

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

they should lock everyone's accounts until they vote, that will guarantee them 1st every year

I would mini rage because I'm to lazy to open another page JUST to vote.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

I find it the award a bit odd. It's UK award, yet Runescape is played by players worldwide. And Jagex says "Go here to vote". Of course one would vote Runescape if you are playing it currently and made aware of the award. So not a genuine win.

Now if ONLY people of UK voted Jagex's Runescape for the Golden Joystick - that would be impressive. But that will not be the case, making the award not so prestigious. I'll say it again, if only british people voted Runescape for award, then i would be impressed.

I find it the award a bit odd. It's UK award, yet Runescape is played by players worldwide. And Jagex says "Go here to vote". Of course one would vote Runescape if you are playing it currently and made aware of the award.

Now ONLY people of UK voting Jagex's Runescape for the Golden Joystick - that would be impressive. But that will not be the case, making the award not so prestigious. I'll say it again, if only british people voted Runescape for award, then i would be impressed.

Uh, I'm pretty sure "UK Developer of the year" means that people from all over the world are judging developers from the UK. Nowhere is it implied that only people from the UK should be voting.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I find it the award a bit odd. It's UK award, yet Runescape is played by players worldwide. And Jagex says "Go here to vote". Of course one would vote Runescape if you are playing it currently and made aware of the award.

Now ONLY people of UK voting Jagex's Runescape for the Golden Joystick - that would be impressive. But that will not be the case, making the award not so prestigious. I'll say it again, if only british people voted Runescape for award, then i would be impressed.

Uh, I'm pretty sure "UK Developer of the year" means that people from all over the world are judging developers from the UK. Nowhere is it implied that only people from the UK should be voting.

I was just saying...

I think its rather naive to think that all the other competitors aren't telling their players about the competition as well.....

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I think its rather naive to think that all the other competitors aren't telling their players about the competition as well.....

The people responsible for the awards should have advertised it instead of developers telling their users about it.

The people responsible for the awards should have advertised it instead of developers telling their users about it.

Why not both? Obviously the developers are going to tell their customers, as that's the most direct advertisement possible.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Why not both? Obviously the developers are going to tell their customers, as that's the most direct advertisement possible.

Noone said both don't work, but my opinion is that if a customer themself took iniative by seeing a advert by the people responsible for the award would make the award more impressive than developers telling their customers to vote for them.

I want to vote, but theres a stinkin age limit to vote. :angry:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

I want to vote, but theres a stinkin age limit to vote. :angry:

So erm, add how ever many years you need to be 16 onto your date of birth..

On topic: I didn't vote for Jagex, instead I voted for Lionhead. Jagex just don't deserve it this year.

I dont think they deserve this award at all

They have the worst customer support and feedback system I've seen

I mean come on, if there was thousands of players ranting over certain future updates and

recent ones you'd know something was wrong?

IMO I think they are trying to spread out to a wider audience and compete with MMO's

like maplestory but they should just be innovative and LISTEN to there own players.

Ok like once upon a time there was crap graphics, RWT, Botting galore, and pking/staking

ALot of us were happy even with that but oh well thats my view anyway.

Thanks

Veni vidi vici

I came, I saw, I conquered

Current Username : Bludclart

I voted for them anyways, though I don't always agree with Jagex, certainly not over the past few months.

I just hope they do something fun this year if they win. I don't think they did something last year.

And they should say: "This update is members-only, become a member now and vote for us!"

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

IMO I think they are trying to spread out to a wider audience and compete with MMO's

like maplestory but they should just be innovative and LISTEN to there own players.

Runescape has far more players than Maplestory.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I'm pretty sure that they'll just use the award as a way of patting themselves on the back rather than an incentive to work harder or smarter.....if those comments are anything to judge by.

Half of the developers aren't really that interesting, Lionhead Studios is kind of just coasting on Fable, Rare is not really doing much since their heyday (plus both Lionhead and Rare are owned by Microsoft now), so it's up to Media Molecule, the maker of littlebigplanet, which was recently acquired by Sony. It looks promising but they should try to spread out more with another new IP while they are still riding on the popularity wave.

Sorry if I sound jaded but GDC Europe was kind of right in saying there's not as much going on there compared to the west.

8f14270694.jpg

Runescape has far more players than Maplestory.

There falling into the maplestory category for me with the hitpoints update

id still rather have 0 than miss

Veni vidi vici

I came, I saw, I conquered

Current Username : Bludclart

I voted for them anyways, though I don't always agree with Jagex, certainly not over the past few months.

I just hope they do something fun this year if they win. I don't think they did something last year.

And they should say: "This update is members-only, become a member now and vote for us!"

LOL. That would be awesome :D

And I voted for Jagex. I think they deserve it for creating such a great game.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak