Mosque at Ground Zero

fakeitormakeit2

Investigators with the New York City Police Department say it all began Monday night when a 21-year-old man hailed a cab at 24th Street and Second Avenue in Manhattan.

Police say the passenger asked the driver, "Are you Muslim?" When the driver said yes the passenger pulled a knife and slashed him in the throat, arm and lip.

The 43-year-old driver was able to lock the passenger in the back of the cab and call 911.

Both the driver and the passenger were taken to Bellevue Hospital.

Cab Driver Stabbed By Passenger Who Asked "Are You Muslim?"

whistling.gif

Not surprised in the least

yes.png

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but pointing out bigotry from one group shouldn't downplay it from another.

On this note, I agree. Bigotry goes both ways, and this has been shown time and time again. It's just a shame some people can't see that and have extremely selective opinions on what is bigotry and what is not (accepted bigotry). Such as BLACK ONLY COLLEGES.

Am I the only one who finds this idea disgusting?

No, I wouldn't say disgusting really, i would probably put unfitting instead.

But i'm not American, so i haven't bothered commenting this on a larger scale.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I'm not American either, but I still think whether it's mean to be or not, this is a shot at those who died and I couldn't think of a bigger way to disrespect them.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

I'm not American either, but I still think whether it's mean to be or not, this is a shot at those who died and I couldn't think of a bigger way to disrespect them.

I wouldn't mind because:

a) It's not JUST a Mosque, it's like a whole community thing...

and

b) It's not AT ground zero, it's just kinda near it.

Way to exaggerate, media :mellow:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Who exactly is being disrespected here, and how?

I just read up more on the idea behind building Mosques, and apparently they are built in areas where Muslims have had military victories - a symbol of conquest. So, by allowing them this right, wouldn't America be admitting their defeat?

Actually, if making the building is really your way of thinking you won - by all means, tell yourself that you "won". Show the world your building that symbolizes exactly how sick and demented you are. At least America gives you the right to show the world how much of an ass you are.

Note: This is of course is based on the assumption that this really is the reason they build mosques.

I think of it more as a disrespect to the attackers. Kind of like, "Hey guess what? We're still okay with Islam, just not you"

Of course, the public response seems to be the opposite.

The dead and their families.

@The guy who said it's disrespectful to the attackers. Why would we be ok with them? They deserve to die for what they did, and they sure as hell don't deserve respect from anyone.

Note: This is of course is based on the assumption that this really is the reason they build mosques.

Which is isn't. :wall:

Which dead? Whose families? How is this disrespectful to them? That makes no sense.

Okay then... What should I think if somebody says, "It is."? Claims are just hollow words unless they have reasoning or evidence backing them. *hint*

Okay then... What should I think if somebody says, "It is."?

You should think that they're wrong, because it isn't. It's just a load of garbage with no basis in fact or reality that you made up on the spot. :thumbdown:

What I'm disgusted with is that some Republican politicians are making this an issue in order to spread hate and fear just to try to get elected.

Yep. When the issue first came up months ago, everyone agreed with it. Fox News even did an interview where they all agreed that this was a great idea.

The blind dislike towards Muslims that is exposed in this situation is repulsive. It's shameful that this should even be such a big issue. As some random guy who I forget the name of said, "Osama bin Laden's next video script just wrote itself".

For Mr. Skully, who claims it's disrespectful to build a community center with a Muslim prayer site two blocks from the original site of the attacks, you're falling for the mass propaganda being spewed by the American right wing. Islam did not attack the towers, terrorism did. The Muslims involved in the community center have no connection to terrorists. If anything is disrespectful to the memories of those lost, it's the strip club that's right next door.

Which dead? Whose families? How is this disrespectful to them? That makes no sense.

Do you know what Ground Zero is?

Do you know what Ground Zero is?

Do you know what Islam is?

A religion that the extremists who caused the 9/11 attacks and many other extremists groups follow.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Square you are right.

And explain how I'm wrong then troa?

If all you know about Islam is that it's the religion that extremist terrorist groups follow, then you don't know what Islam is.

It's like saying we shouldn't allow falafel carts near Ground Zero because falafel is a food that the extremists who caused the 9/11 attacks and many other extremists groups would eat.

Square you are right.

If all you know about Islam is that it's the religion that extremist terrorist groups follow, then you don't know what Islam is.

It's like saying we shouldn't allow falafel carts near Ground Zero because falafel is a food that the extremists who caused the 9/11 attacks and many other extremists groups would eat.

Its not all I know about Islam. Do you prefer: "Islam is a religion that does not have many woman's rights."?

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Square you are right.

Its not all I know about Islam. Do you prefer: "Islam is a religion that does not have many woman's rights."?

Okay, let me rephrase that: If you consider that (or that) to be the most important thing you know about Islam, or even a thing about Islam worth mentioning in the context of this discussion, then you don't know what Islam is.