Did Jagex clan support kill clans?

Branew17

I know it sounds dumb, but its true & quite probable. Since the addition of clan chat, cwa and all of that fun stuff the RSC/Tip.It/Sals/RHQ/Global-RS/whatever clan world has died. The reasoning behind this is, why would you google "runescape clan" find a forum and join nowadays? You just talk to your friend and there more than likely in a RSB clan already. RSB clanning is flourishing, the clans are beginning to learn tactics we have known for years, and its developing because there is no need, no reason for someone to join a tip it, or a rsc clan anymore. They can just join a RSB clan because of Jagex's clan support.

So did Jagex's clan support lead to the fall of the Tip.it/RSC/Etc clan world?

/join #sovereign on swiftirc

0ndZL.png

No removing the wilderness killed clans, people are finally just getting bored of what we have now compared to what we had before.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

You have a point, but they won't reach the level that clans on fansites like RSC and Tip.It reach. Eventually these clans will find out how their own forums and everything is better for them and most of the RSB clans already know that the top clans are here on Tip.It/RSC, particularly RSC, so good Leaders would set their sights to reach our level.

But yes Jagex has killed and retired clans and their members, but not completely.

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

It's hard to support Clans off site, there are risks involved and they put little effort into making the support for clans work. They should have a runehead type data base (Only allowing you to be on one ML for a warring clan, and one for a Skilling, sure why not a Monster hunting ml as well)

Just making clans more publicized would help, then add in features to support people making and joining clans and eventually leave it up to the current clan world to guide them into becoming better.

6590ew.jpg

Well I had a big post written up, but then the forums went down so....

Basically, the top clans need to learn to actually get out and recruit; they've based their recruiting techniques on basically sitting back and waiting for people to come to them. Now that Jagex has improved their support for RSB clans - top clans need to get off their ass and actually recruit, otherwise they'll suffer the consequences.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Concidence, to be honest though anybody with half of a brain knows an off site clan is much better to handle than a RSB clan. It would be sensible for them to post recruit topics on RSB while having off site forums etc etc, so I am waiting to see if the clan world will adapt to the changes.

Really though, better clan support does not kill RSC clans, in theory it should help them.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Jagex helped to kill the clan world (removal of wilderness etc.) but the really the clan world killed itself. As has been said before, if you have never joined a clan before and you are looking into the RSC clan scene why would you possibly want to spend 10 hours fighting a clan, then spending even more time arguing about it on RSC, and all the gear/activity requirements just are not appealing to the average runescape.com person. They would rather join a RSB clan and do cwa, kbd, trawler, etc. where not a lot is required and you can basically come/go as you please. Personally I would not enjoy the RSB type of clanning but I think it does appeal to people more than RSC does.

We, the members have killed the Clan World. This is something that WE made, but are slowly destroying with all the beef and flames and such. People soon find this [cabbage] to be stupid and leave. But it's also things like this that make it unappealing for fresh blood who haven't tried clanning out once to not join because of this stuff.

#Solace | Solace Senior Member |

Solace Forums | Solace Memberlist

ankitm.jpg

I'm making a killing here, I think I should be on top of the world just chilling here.

I don't think those long 14 hour fights attract new people into joining the clan world either, along with other reasons, I'm sure Jagex aren't to fully blame for the decline.

Blasphemy

We choose to go...not because [it is] easy, but because [it is] hard, because that goal will serve to measure and organize the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win. ~ Blasphemien Way

29ehbtt.png

"Rest In Peace, Muelmar - A True Modern Day Hero"

JaGex were responsible for the destruction of the clan world with the removal of the wilderness. After that it started to cannibalise itself with DDoSing, hacking, Real life threats and flames and beefs gone too far. I doubt 12+hour fights in f2p, which calls for some serious dedication from the individual, really appeals to most people.

Jag have just now made it easier for people to join the RSB rankings. The majority of people who use the Rsforums anyway are members, and most of them are probably kids who don't see why they should fight in f2p when they have maxed account, with the best armour available. Obviously the more relaxed and p2p focussed RSB is going to appeal to them.

Look guys... I absolutely must be a mass baby-seal murderer!

I do agree Jagex might have affected the clan world big time. RSB clans dont ask for much of a requirement and making people want to join them because of the great amount of people refusing to download Audio or stay active on site/irc/cc. Though RSB clans does bring their part of members into the clan world but not many to overcome the disadvantages of having RSB clans.

I think Jagex should support tip it/rsc clans so both clan worlds can unite and be one. That will deff bring more members and causing RSB clans to learn the tactics and experiences from clans outside.

cafq0zh5.gifElite Member of Ascension | hrkot2.gifSenior Member of Silent Ember | 3145bsw.jpgOld School of TPR

unled2hm.png

Clans led to their own downfall. They chose not to adapt to a changing environment and are now realizing that RSB can compete on the same level (in some cases). The clan world is thriving, certain clans are having trouble though because they're not used to actually being forced to recruit people.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

I thought a lot about this when I wrote about it here. And there's really nothing terribly wrong with RSB clans. They're not great, but they still go on principles that are true and well-meant. But because of where they're 'housed' (ie the RSOF), they can't grow into more complex techniques as easily as fansite-based ones can. That's simply because they're within Jagex's stranglehold, which is necessary for the maintenance of a stable community, but deadly for us because we've gone so far past that for so many years now. The support was too little too late and now they're fostering what's growing in their back yard rather than tending to the orchard that's gone wild and unnoticed.

No removing the wilderness killed clans, people are finally just getting bored of what we have now compared to what we had before.

It has gone so far beyond that now. It is way more than just "oh they killed pvp." Pvp is back now--why aren't we flourishing? CWA played a huge part. Why? Because they were 'supporting clans' by giving them a crash-free environment. Dundundun.

It's hard to support Clans off site, there are risks involved and they put little effort into making the support for clans work. They should have a runehead type data base

It's our greatest strength and now our greatest drawback because they took so damn long to try to notice their dedicated customers that we can't work within their system. Who is to say that if they had a decent working forum structure, where clans could request private threads/boards/whatever that we wouldn't have adapted to their structures? We continue to be a strong force, and heck maybe the superior force, when it comes to comparing the different types of clan communities, but we'll only get further and further away from the sunlight. And we'll adapt, just as we adapted before.

But it's going to get harder from here on out if advertisement rules aren't lightened up. How else are we going to get new recruits?

hzvjpwS.gif

too many idiots in the clan world really. The clan world in general is ok though. And no blame for anything towards jagex, RSB needs to flourish and there's not much they can do for offsite clans. The more RSB advances they will eventually start to compete and when they do, they'll move towards offsite approaches so they can actually compete with top clans. Which, in return, advances the clan world.

pan.png

• 2 weeks later...

You can join RSB clans just by using RS forums but the forums itself are quite horrible not to mention that the stability and quality of an RSB clan is questionable since most of them do not have a good working leadership not to mention other ranks and the obligations that come with the ranks. This leaves the newly joined/mass recruited members come and go when they want and a clan with 200+ memberlist doesn't have enough organization to get 100 of them to a war. However if Jagex ever decides to make some changed into Clan Forums in RSB to allow them more privacy and options to handle threads etc. then I see it becoming a problem. That said I don't think it will ever happen.

puuloppgs5.png

bk.png

Proud BlacKnights Emeritius

• 2 weeks later...

JaGex didn't really hurt it to me as much as they changed the way we do things. CWA was always a cool idea imo and we didn't even have to wait a full year until PKRIs' were once again possible but ultimately we shot ourselves in the foot(feet).

In order to adapt to CWA we made all these player rules like bounds, caps, and so forth and if a clan broke these rules then...get ready for a flame war.

This in turn lead to hostility in fan sites. Massive flame posts, calling outs, and if i remember correctly Sal's clan discussion died because members rebelled against it and made a fail copy.

Long story short: We sucked at adapting.

i agree to an extent, These Rsb clans offer newcomers clans that dont require a lot of commitment and look a lot more attractive because of the application process ( if any ), even though these Rsb clans for the most part are much less organized or less quality than Clans that use thier own forums or have higher requirements. Lots of these members of Rsb clans dont even know about tip.it or zybez and as the saying goes i guess ignorance is bliss. I mean if they get the same enjoyment you or i get from a win or just the clanning experience, who's to really say we are better?

corruptknights.png

CK Forums | CK Memberlist | #Cknights 105+

It has gone so far beyond that now. It is way more than just "oh they killed pvp." Pvp is back now--why aren't we flourishing? CWA played a huge part. Why? Because they were 'supporting clans' by giving them a crash-free environment. Dundundun.

The wilderness is much different, they removed it from every world, they killed pking by limiting the worlds(Compared to before). Small clans find it hard to get pvp worlds because big clans crash because they can.

Many people also quit when they removed the wilderness too.

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Tipitsignature.gif

No, Jagex didn't kill clans, they actually gave clans a lifeline whilst PvP was gone and a new system was being thought up. Jagex had to make the changes they did to the wilderness for financial reasons, taking away the wilderness was never about clan support. They took it away and gave the clan world an arena in which clans had a place to fight, and to be honest, during the CWA era, clans were a lot more healthy than they are now. They've kept the arena and given us PvP worlds, of course the current situation is not ideal, and we'd all take back the pre-CWA era in a heartbeat, Jagex have worked will with clans to help keep the clan world somewhat healthy.

mod1jv7.jpg

The wilderness is much different, they removed it from every world, they killed pking by limiting the worlds(Compared to before). Small clans find it hard to get pvp worlds because big clans crash because they can.

The wilderness is exactly the same, but now there's less of them. Tons of clans fight in bh worlds and around that area--small & medium clans, too. Let's not even mention how many small teams clans go in Fally in pvp worlds. Small clans were always in danger of dying in pvp; you hop to a foreign world and that rarely gets crashed. I'm saying there's ways around it, ways to adapt. Even other places to fight other than gdz to east tree that is still wide and multi.

And yes, while existing members did quit, subscription rates went up in the long run. But did all those people seek out clans as we knew them? No, of course not. Why would they? They'd go to safe clans, which are predominately huddled in the safety of CWA and the RSOF.

hzvjpwS.gif

I do agree with the wilderness and cwa part but...

no reason for someone to join a tip it, or a rsc clan anymore

I wouldn't really say "no reason for someone to join...." I'd rather say "people aren't interested in the clan world anymore"

Sure, many people join the RSB clan world nowadays because majority of RSB clans do activities such as P2P clan warring, God Wars Dungeon, Skilling, Boss Hunting, and stuff like that, stuff that are currently considered "interesting" by majority of runescape players.

However, there is still a reason to join an RSC/TIF clan since they are obviously superior than the RSB clans. If RSB clan world players who are deeply interested in clan warring realize that fact, then they would surely think about joining a TIF/RSC clan.

kuru72siggy3.png

Retired on: June 30, 2010

The wilderness is exactly the same, but now there's less of them. Tons of clans fight in bh worlds and around that area--small & medium clans, too. Let's not even mention how many small teams clans go in Fally in pvp worlds. Small clans were always in danger of dying in pvp; you hop to a foreign world and that rarely gets crashed. I'm saying there's ways around it, ways to adapt. Even other places to fight other than gdz to east tree that is still wide and multi.

And yes, while existing members did quit, subscription rates went up in the long run. But did all those people seek out clans as we knew them? No, of course not. Why would they? They'd go to safe clans, which are predominately huddled in the safety of CWA and the RSOF.

No the wilderness is not exactly the same. Less of them? I guess you mean worlds. They removed some of the major luring spots Hill giants(Now its not hard to escape because of clan wars), the drop system has alot of smaller teams not pking/luring because the drop system is so unpredictable.

Small clans do not really pk fally its clan chat teams(Not clans, i disagree on naming them clans for many factors). With the limited number of worlds if a clan wants to crash you it will take under 5/10 minutes to find you because of the limited worlds.

People do not seek clan's anymore because of the introduction of open cc's, they provide the needed things but lack many of the things that many real clans, hence they are contempt with the open cc's and are unwilling to try real clans.

Tipitsignature.gif