Jobs

Lemeja

I work as a specialty receptionist at a call center. If you ever call Cambridge college (both overseas and in america) or numerous others, you may be talking to me AND NEVER EVEN KNOW. since we can get fired if we admit we aren't from the college, since the colleges pay us quite a pretty penny. I love it, theres literally *literally* no limit to the overtime you can work if you want too, I get paid $9.50 an hour, where the min wage here is $8, and I get a $60 bonus check every singly paycheck, and the off chance to win $500 twice a year. LOVE IT. And my coworkers are fun. But damn do the customers suck, damn do they suck.

$8? Isn't Virginia's minimum wage $7.25?

I get paid $5/hour. They're legally allowed to do that for at least 90 days >.> But they said my pay will increase quicker if I do well, and I have a feeling I might be getting a raise.

It goes up to 8.25 this month.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I currently work part time as a baker (random, I know), and have recently joined the police force as a part time police officer (though unpaid, I'm doing it for the experience aspect). Hoping to do a degree in law next year, and afterwards apply to join the police full time.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I too would like to see minimum wage implemented in my country.

A reason to as why telephone-selling companies still exists here is because there's is no minimum wage, they for example offer provision of what you sell instead.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

About those not getting jobs, a trick to get a job faster is to call the week after you handed the resume to know if they're still interested in you, as this will show that YOU are interested in working with them. Also, it is better to bring them in the mornings, and from Tuesday to Thursday.

Im pretty lucky my dad has a construction company

And im an electrician so he has quite a bit of wiring jobs for me to do

Other than that Im still building up my electrical related courses and hope to work

for formula 1 one day

But for now im gettin along pretty fine

Veni vidi vici

I came, I saw, I conquered

Current Username : Bludclart

Unemployed this summer, first time I've been without some sort of money coming in since I started highschool. Anyway, my first proper part time job was working in a car garage just generally helping out. One of my dads good friends was the co-owner/head mechanic and he got me in. After that, whilst still at highschool, I worked back shifts and occasional weekends in a supermarket stacking shelves and working in the warehouse. My first "full time" job was as a technician for a massive office complex, fixing equipment and maintaining the buildings and grounds which was brilliant. Colleagues were sound as hell and the work was quite fun.

At Uni now though, I'll need to find a job soon anyway as the student loans and such aren't gonna cover the rent and bills.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I was a security guard/janitor (although I only did the janitor job once) this summer. It payed extremely well and I got to read & nap my entire shift sometimes. But tomorrow is my last shift and I don't think I'll be coming back next summer because I'll be doing school stuff (not paid) :thumbdown:

hiccup.png

Minimum wage here is $8.55. Pretty sweet deal.

$10.25 here in Ontario. I make $1.30 over that, but still feel underpaid.

Nice :). Here in New-Brunswick the minimum wage is $8.75, which I did have to work at this summer, until I got a job in my domain, as I said, and now I make ~$17 an hour.

Started off as a Symantec Support Agent right out of high-school and ended up programming and developing the very software that I was support for. :). Didn't even need my post secondary. :D. A lot of the time there's not much to do so I end up playing RuneScape for 8 hours a day while getting paid. ^^.

Now, I've got MRSA in my right knee and have been fighting that for the past 6 - 7 months with surgery after surgery (Next one is September 22nd) so I'm currently on disability.

For those who don't know, Symantec are the creators of Norton products. :thumbsup:

09144a99bb.png

I have a job, it sucks pretty bad, but pays the bills sort of. I'm lucky it's only part time, cos I'm at uni, but I only get min wage, which is 12.50 here, but Is should be going up to like 13.25 soon, hopefully. I guess the benefits are it's easy to get time off, but that's about all.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Started off as a Symantec Support Agent right out of high-school and ended up programming and developing the very software that I was support for. :). Didn't even need my post secondary. :D. A lot of the time there's not much to do so I end up playing RuneScape for 8 hours a day while getting paid. ^^.

Ah, that's why some Norton products suck, especially the antiviruses.

Age 15-16: Lifeguard for a local community pool. Horrible management, even worse residents. Parents never watched their children, and I was working more hours than I was allowed to, legally.

Age 17-18: Worked at a restaurant called Pancho Villa from 10 AM to 4 PM 5 days a week, and then walked across the street to work at a hotel from 4 PM to 10 PM. On the weekends I had a third job in landscaping. I averaged 70 hour weeks, and I once hit 85.

Age 18-19 and 20-22: Worked at a resort called Rainbow Lake in Brevard, North Carolina, and also did side work in alternative energy for Thermacraft.

Age 20: Worked as a telemarketer for some scam-artist. I thought some of what the company was doing was illegal, and sure enough, after I left, they were taken to court. Worked 60 hour weeks for them.

Present: College student and political activist for local Representatives.

Future: I'm an aerospace engineer, but I plan on going into the Peace Corps.

Is it me, or is an internet application one of the worst ways they can ask for an application? I've sent loads throughout a year and a half and nobody has ever replied back. Is it really a "We're not hiring right now, but to make you feel better" [cabbage]? I'll rather be denied at the store than spend 30 minutes answering "If a friend asks you to have a small item for free, would you let him?"

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg