The Poll

Leoo

Poll #3  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What type of fears do you fear the most?

• Death (drowning, murdered, buried alive, etc.)
    • Speices (spiders, snakes, sharks, etc.)
    • Objects/Substances (needles, cigarettes, foods, etc.)
    • Senses (heights, dark places, enclosed, speed, etc.)
    • Places (alleys, dentists, hospitals, graveyards, etc).
    • Other (please specify)

Now that these forums enable normal members to host posts, I thought I'd give it a little play around with. Wheres the best place to do that? The Off Topic Forum! I've created many successful Off Topic topics such as Today... and Reveal Confessions, Regrets and Secrets so I thought why not try a third.

The theme of this topic is to take part in the poll which I'll try to make a daily thing. I'm hoping that we can cancel polls then manage a new one using the same topic but we'll see. The polls may be completely random, but a poll is a poll. If you have suggestions that you want to be featured as a polll, please send me a private message with the poll question along with possible answers (no more than 5).

I want this to be a fun thing where Tip It Forum users can just quicky pass and vote but it will be great to try make this into a discussion thread rather than a topic with no replies as this was the mean reason why Tip It didn't have the option to allow us to post polls due the fact it decreases the level of discussion.

[hide= Poll #1 - What is your relationship status?]

FXj65.jpg[/hide]

[hide= Poll #2 - How often do you exercise?]

24guc9h.jpg[/hide]

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so everybody knows, as the poll currently is, the votes are public (meaning you can see what other users voted for). Personally I would have preferred the poll to be private, but that's just me I guess.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Just so everybody knows, as the poll currently is, the votes are public (meaning you can see what other users voted for). Personally I would have preferred the poll to be private, but that's just me I guess.

I didn't understand what the public option meant. I thought it'll show the results of the poll, not revealing members options. I will infact make each poll after this one anonymous.

No strings attached would be a situation where you're having sex with a girl, and it wouldn't be cheating if you got with someone else. It's anything from friends with benefits to dating, short of actually having a girlfriend.

I just [recently, not literally like just now] ended it with a crazy paranoid girl who thought I cheated on her with a good friend of mine.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

I thought stuff like this was the reason polls were disabled in the first place?

You'll probably run out of good poll ideas in a week, but whatever. Also, polls should be private.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

No strings attached would be a situation where you're having sex with a girl, and it wouldn't be cheating if you got with someone else. It's anything from friends with benefits to dating, short of actually having a girlfriend.

Ah. Definitely not me...*Deletes and revotes*

Paragon.png

I thought stuff like this was the reason polls were disabled in the first place?

You'll probably run out of good poll ideas in a week, but whatever. Also, polls should be private.

I believe polls were removed as it reduced discussion value and such results would ruin the community. Just think of everyone voting and not replying to the topic. A whole list of topics with 0 or 4 replies.

Actually, I'm engaged, althought it's our little secret due to our ages.

Please don't flame. :pray:

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I believe polls were removed as it reduced discussion value and such results would ruin the community. Just think of everyone voting and not replying to the topic. A whole list of topics with 0 or 4 replies.

Part of that may be because, if done improperly, poll threads don't have any purpose beyond the vote. You'd get an endless array of posts that just state what the user voted for, and there's no discussion value in that either. Like here if the poll wasn't public and wasn't to be a daily thing, I could just post "I'm single" and never touch this thread again.

Which is evidently the kind of thing that killed the Debate Club, without polls :razz:

Well, there enabled now and there is thousands of possible questions.

There has been decent discussion value so far, I don't understand why you have to post an attack on the thread.

[Falador tavern]

There has been decent discussion value so far, I don't understand why you have to post an attack on the thread.

It's not an attack, it's a legitimate question. As ALG said(forget his display name atm) topics tend to become made that are just for the purpose of the poll, which in turn stifles discussion. I don't think there's a better example than this topic, which is basically a gigantic survey.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Examples of the worst outcome can be found in the Questionnaires subforum. For an individual thread, the "Least Respectable Skillcape" thread from a few years back, which hit its low point on becoming a hot topic and never quite recovered. It was basically 30 pages of posts that just said "Cooking" or "Fletching".

Don't have any OT examples, we're usually good about that kind of thing here.

It's not an attack, it's a legitimate question. As ALG said(forget his display name atm) topics tend to become made that are just for the purpose of the poll, which in turn stifles discussion. I don't think there's a better example than this topic, which is basically a gigantic survey.

Its off topic so I doubt its really going to have a huge affect. The 'Today...' topic that I posted a few years ago is still active today and follows the same principle you've stated with the difference is that its one question. Like I've mentioned, if a Forum Moderator feels that this thread is unnecessary then they have the ability to lock it which hasn't been done yet and even a Forum Moderator has posted too so I doubt that it will not be locked without a taster of what discussion value is created within this topic.

Great idea. I was just thinking the other day it would be nice to get some sort of thread going where you could get a general idea of random personal details from TIFers. For example, in OT, how many still play Runescape?

OT: Single.

What happens to the previous poll results when you change the poll?

Oh, and BTW, there's about a 103% chance that TTanT was trolling.