LAN Party time! With Pics!

Hulk12

Ok months of team practice. It is time for my first real LAN Party. We are playing CS, Socom, Halo, Burnout.

Heres my setup:

img00615nq.th.jpg

ok the top left monitor is my primary on my gaming comp. The bottom right monitor is the secendary for the gaming comp. The top right monitor is goes to my network computer/ music computer/ AIM computer/ Basicly it's for everything but gaming. You can see my subwoofer up on the desk (main speakers up on top. printer on top too.) Also my PS2 is behind the monitor.

img00699os.th.jpg

Computer on the left (Gaming):

2.9ghz Celeron Presscot

1gig DDR PC3200 RAM

ATI All-In-Wonder 2006 Edition (256mb)

Computer on the right (multimedia comp):

2.0ghz Intel P4

512mb DDR PC3200 RAM

ATI All-In-Wonder 2005 (256mb)

So any one else into LAN Partys?

Our record was something like 20 people, at least ten computers, all in one room, all playing counterstrike, while a projecter played Scarface on the wall. We very frequently had 4 on 4 going last spring.

Pretty sweet, but I have to say, it was more fun when we all jumped up, ran outside, and played ultimate frisbee for a while :wink:

finalsig9wq.gif

Our record was something like 20 people, at least ten computers, all in one room, all playing counterstrike, while a projecter played Scarface on the wall. We very frequently had 4 on 4 going last spring.

Pretty sweet, but I have to say, it was more fun when we all jumped up, ran outside, and played ultimate frisbee for a while :wink:

lol pwnage. We love extreme rock paper scisors to see who goes to get the drinks. :)

Done a few small ones (8 people max) with friends. Usually involves BBQ, copious amounts of alcohol, and no sleep. In agreement with Scruffy, it is usually more fun when you tear yourself away from the screen and do something else. Last LAN we had we climbed all over our mates roof. And his neighbours.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

I dont have LAN parties at my house....because im 14...and have absoulutely no idea how a network works...so i go too an Internet Cafe in Newcastle and play other people, start COD servers and pwn those nubs...coz ive been playing it for agez and when you put me infront of a computer that has CS installed all you can hear is BOOM HEADSHOT!!!! :lol:

NumaNuma Fan | WoW > Rs

Lol........I was in the CAL league back in the day with my counter strike clan. Too bad the better the competition, the worse their attitudes are, I just couldn't stand the people, I was basically amongst the scourge of the universe.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Lol........I was in the CAL league back in the day with my counter strike clan. Too bad the better the competition, the worse their attitudes are, I just couldn't stand the people, I was basically amongst the scourge of the universe.

Yeah, Counter Strike has a huge population of internet punks who think they can say anything because no one can see their face. That's the advantage of a LAN party, all trash talking has to be for fun, because at any moment your opponent might drop the mouse and come get you for real :lol:

finalsig9wq.gif

LANs aren't a frequent occurance for me anymore. But when we all get together there is generally about 8-10 people and over $30,000 worth of hardware :lol:

AOE[1-3], C&C, RA, CS, etc. Almost any game we have installed :P

... why is Judge Judy on one of the monitors? :shock:

You gotta watch something while the others are loading :)

Almost all of the comps had cable inputs so we decided to hook them all up.

LAN parties are sooo much fun when you can actually find a place to hold them. I held one at my house once with about 10 people and was a blast! But, one thing you need to make sure is that you have some air running because it gets hot inside with all those computers running. :P

I usually attend the LAN-event Dreamhack, and this year I helped arrange it.

http://www.dreamhack.se/dhw05/en.100.html

Without trying to sound like a commercial, it's an awesome event. Several thousand geeks under one roof basically. However, I usually don't spend much time in front of the computer during events like this. It's a lot more fun to meet new people and well, work. IRC'ing/gaming can be done at home.

I usually attend the LAN-event Dreamhack, and this year I helped arrange it.

http://www.dreamhack.se/dhw05/en.100.html

Without trying to sound like a commercial, it's an awesome event. Several thousand geeks under one roof basically. However, I usually don't spend much time in front of the computer during events like this. It's a lot more fun to meet new people and well, work. IRC'ing/gaming can be done at home.

I actually went to DH last year since I live in the same city that arrange it :P

I didn't go this year, fortunatly, I heard that alot of people got food-poisoned for eating raw burgers :lol: :lol: Stupid lazy geeks hehe

Looks cramped.

Technically if I could be bothered I could have a LAN party too. But at nearly 20 years old, it just seems a little childish. :oops:

I have 3 21" CRT's set up in a row. So it's completely viable. Only problem is the desk has two sets of drawers in it, so it makes it hard to get everyone at the desk at once. We're all 5' 9"+ and over 190lbs. :P

Technically we could get a fourth computer on, which would be mine. On the 29" monitor that I use for a TV. :P

Edit: Pic of the desk with my "setup".

http://www.gbpc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/monitors.jpg

Sorry for the link, It's too big to post full size and ImageShack is being a slow bottom.

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.