Emo

KnightofDoom

I can, and will deny it 100% until you have some type of factual proof. So far the people that you think agree with you, have just been expressing an opinion of hatred. Basically, all your doing is trying to keep the argument going with every little peice of bad news that music has. In otherwords, all your doing is flaming. Bring it to the flame threads honestly.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can, and will deny it 100% until you have some type of factual proof. So far the people that you think agree with you, have just been expressing an opinion of hatred. Basically, all your doing is trying to keep the argument going with every little peice of bad news that music has. In otherwords, all your doing is flaming. Bring it to the flame threads honestly.

Then why didn't you leave it alone and not waste 3 pages bickering with me? I made my point then, and I'm making it now.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Because this whole time Ive been trying to make you realize that your just flaming. Everything you've said is just all part of one giant flame. I try and defend something I stand for, and you just vent. Your point was never prooven, and you lost your heat. Leave it alone, and give it up. Your annoying :/

Well, Matthius obviously made sense in that last post of his poopingman, so I suggest you be quiet and slink away with your tail between your legs to avoid further embarassment.

Just one thing though. Why the name 'poopingman' ? It doesn't exactly show a sense of maturity or sensibility.

Just one thing though. Why the name 'poopingman' ? It doesn't exactly show a sense of maturity or sensibility.

But, but, he's right and everyone agrees with him!

Seriously "poopingman", i could watch a bmx video in reverse and see less back-pedalling than you've done in this thread. On page 1 you said "there's a reason everyone hates emos", and now you're saying you can tolerate some of them? Not that your argument had any point to begin with, but that sentence pretty much dis-credited it anyway.

The only argument you have is some statistic you seem to have dreamed up in your head that 10 times more people hate emo than like it - where exactly is your source? Is it the thousands of people that attend 'emo' concerts? Is it the millions of people buying albums by emo bands? Or is it just the fact that you have absolutely no proof to back up your claims, and you're just hoping that the people in this thread are too stupid to see that?

I'm not even going to bother with your notion that "everyone agrees with me" - if they did, you wouldn't have had to put up with the 3 pages of bickering that you seem to think is none of your fault either.

They say ignorance is bliss - no wonder you seem so happy with yourself.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

I tried listening to Emo once.

Didn't like it much, really. From what I usaully listen to (Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Jefferson Airplane ;P) it's Really toned down.

There's really no point for me to listen to it because, 1. I get nothing from the lyrics, and 2. It's just toned down from what I like normally.

Anyways, I'll make a proper post on my view once I'm done reading this. I'm around page three.

thesip2.jpg

It really has

But, but, he's right and everyone agrees with him!

Seriously "poopingman", i could watch a bmx video in reverse and see less back-pedalling than you've done in this thread. On page 1 you said "there's a reason everyone hates emos", and now you're saying you can tolerate some of them? Not that your argument had any point to begin with, but that sentence pretty much dis-credited it anyway.

The only argument you have is some statistic you seem to have dreamed up in your head that 10 times more people hate emo than like it - where exactly is your source? Is it the thousands of people that attend 'emo' concerts? Is it the millions of people buying albums by emo bands? Or is it just the fact that you have absolutely no proof to back up your claims, and you're just hoping that the people in this thread are too stupid to see that?

I'm not even going to bother with your notion that "everyone agrees with me" - if they did, you wouldn't have had to put up with the 3 pages of bickering that you seem to think is none of your fault either.

They say ignorance is bliss - no wonder you seem so happy with yourself.

Sorry, I had to sleep, I can't troll these forums 24/7. But I'm back now....and I see you're back to putting words in my mouth again. Your 1400 post count won't give you any sense of immunity here. The previous, draaaaaaaaaawn out argument, for what its worth, AT LEAST got the point across that its not the kids we're talking about, its the music. I don't understand why I need to prove anything, when in fact there are a significant number of forum members who said they hated emo music, you should go back to pages 1 and 2 to refresh yourself. That is proof enough that people hate emo music....which you say I need to prove? Hell, the proof is right in this thread!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I don't see how you can count the reactions in this threat as proof. They are far from representative. Don't try to chat you out Poopingman, it won't work. The thousands of people vissiting the 'Emo concerts' say more about the music than the 20 (?) people that say the music sucks on here. The rest of your post is only filled with crap, so we don't need to go into that.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I don't see how you can count the reactions in this threat as proof. They are far from representative. Don't try to chat you out Poopingman, it won't work. The thousands of people vissiting the 'Emo concerts' say more about the music than the 20 (?) people that say the music sucks on here. The rest of your post is only filled with crap, so we don't need to go into that.

Look, I'm not going to downplay and name-call like you guys, its the very least I can do to have some pride around here. The 20 or so responses we got from people that don't like emo, in comparison to the 3 or 4 that support it, is representitive of everywhere. I feel that, this thread was a poll of sorts, and there are OBVIOUSLY many more naysayers than supporters. To say drawing opinions from the forum as worthless is very derogative to the intelligence of all of our fellow forum members....

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

And the back-pedalling continues.

Why make a statement like "everyone hates emo", and then go on to say that there are people in this thread who like it? There have been 6 or 7 people on this page of the thread alone who disagree with you, and yet you still exaggerate the numbers to be "20 for and 3 against".

You say i should go back and read the first few pages, maybe you should do that yourself, and again read your own words like

"There's a reason everyone hates emo and its followers".

If you all of a sudden don't dislike the kids, but just the music, why say something like that?

I don't even know why you bothered mentioning my post count, as far as i'm concerned it could be reset to zero tomorrow and i wouldn't care. To use your own words, it's never given me any "sense of immunity", and i don't see why it should - nor do i see what you think i need immunity from.

I've never denied that people hate emo music, it's fairly obvious to anyone with a shred of intelligence that even if 99% of the world's population loved it, there's always going to be someone who hates it. This is what you seem to have trouble realising - people do actually have opinions that differ to yours, regardless of how many times you want to tell yourself you're right, and everyone agrees with you.

Look, I'm not going to downplay and name-call like you guys, its the very least I can do to have some pride around here. The 20 or so responses we got from people that don't like emo, in comparison to the 3 or 4 that support it, is representitive of everywhere. I feel that, this thread was a poll of sorts, and there are OBVIOUSLY many more naysayers than supporters. To say drawing opinions from the forum as worthless is very derogative to the intelligence of all of our fellow forum members....

I didn't name-call anybody in here. I said the rest of your post is irrelevant and is infact the biggest name-calling in the entire thread, you just don't use the words. This is indeed not representative. It's a test for like what? 40 people? That's hardly representative, no the mention the age range is 10 to 21 at max. I don't know how you run your polls? But of course it's representative because it suits your way of thinking.

And the reasons I gave to say this 'poll' isn't representative has got nothing to do with the intelligence of the users. I thought you didn't like it if people placed words in your mouth? Or?

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I didn't name-call anybody in here. I said the rest of your post is irrelevant and is infact the biggest name-calling in the entire thread, you just don't use the words. This is indeed not representative. It's a test for like what? 40 people? That's hardly representative, no the mention the age range is 10 to 21 at max. I don't know how you run your polls? But of course it's representative because it suits your way of thinking.

And the reasons I gave to say this 'poll' isn't representative has got nothing to do with the intelligence of the users. I thought you didn't like it if people placed words in your mouth? Or?

So what do you want me to do? Go out and do a survey in order to clear things up on this topic? The facts stand, emo is not well-liked in this country, and it will stay that way. Thats why knightofdoom made this thread, and despite your many personal attacks, I say we should bring it back to that.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

So what do you want me to do? Go out and do a survey in order to clear things up on this topic?

Well yes. Because...

Its pretty simple, everyone hates emo for a reason, and just about everyone hates it, bottom line.

Proof that everyone hates Emo music please?

manipofsarahs1gg5.png

Notice how he has stopped quoting my posts.

Dude, poopingman... rofl I cant believe your still on this. This is just getting funny and rediculous.

Okay...making statements like "emo music gives kids suicidal tendencies, and gives kids the wrongs msg..ect" ... is straight bullcrap. Making a hardcore statement like requires proof. We honestly odnt care who hates it, because thats just an opinion, and people are allowed to have an opinion. But yours was just idiotic. Thats why we have been begging for proof... and so far you havent been able to show it.

So for the love of god, just give it up already dude. You got pwnt like a massive amount of times on this thread. Your just further embarassing yourself like tkgb said.

Like you said, the proof is right in the thread. nub

But I can easily argue.. the same message being passed on by other forms of music.. why can you so easily diss one genre when most others do the same.. How can you insult one form. when mosts others easily do the same to people

Because emo music, unlike other genres, sends suicidal messages to the kids. I can't stand for that.

BTW I'm talking REAL emo music, raw emo, not the subgenres of it that have branced off.

Ehh I'd rather a suicidal message get sent, than a message of murder (most gangster rap)

I like rap/hiphop. But still, stick to roots reggae, keep the peace :D

Notice how he has stopped quoting my posts.

Dude, poopingman... rofl I cant believe your still on this. This is just getting funny and rediculous.

Okay...making statements like "emo music gives kids suicidal tendencies, and gives kids the wrongs msg..ect" ... is straight bullcrap. Making a hardcore statement like requires proof. We honestly odnt care who hates it, because thats just an opinion, and people are allowed to have an opinion. But yours was just idiotic. Thats why we have been begging for proof... and so far you havent been able to show it.

So for the love of god, just give it up already dude. You got pwnt like a massive amount of times on this thread. Your just further embarassing yourself like tkgb said.

Like you said, the proof is right in the thread. nub

name calling again :roll: :roll:

I find it miraculous that I manage to keep my cool when I have a dozen people firing at me, you guys lose it by just talking to me.

It seems that my original statements have been cycled through so many people, they are becoming skewed. I'll re-do everything, and this is it:

1. MOST people dislike emo music

2. MOST emo music sends bad messages to kids, some suicidial, some depressive.

How can that be argued? :roll:

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

It seems that my original statements have been cycled through so many people, they are becoming skewed. I'll re-do everything, and this is it:

It can be argued quite easily really, seeing as you have absolutely no proof to back up your claims. That's what i've been saying since the start, and still you choose to ignore it.

You can stop with the pity plee aswel, i've never once resorted to "name calling", (although it would be easy to) you just don't seem to have any answer to any of the questions that anyone in this thread has posed, so you keep feeding us with "but, but most people hate emo, it's right because i said so".

If everyone hated emo, you wouldn't have so many people to contend with in this thread, would you? Surely even you can understand the logic behind that statement.

To make it short and sweet- ITS HORRIBLE. It's a bunch of people saying they are going to commit suicide. Half the emo bands don't have the courage to kill themselves. They are just a bunch of people looking for attention.

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

It can be argued quite easily really, seeing as you have absolutely no proof to back up your claims. That's what i've been saying since the start, and still you choose to ignore it.

You can stop with the pity plee aswel, i've never once resorted to "name calling", (although it would be easy to) you just don't seem to have any answer to any of the questions that anyone in this thread has posed, so you keep feeding us with "but, but most people hate emo, it's right because i said so".

If everyone hated emo, you wouldn't have so many people to contend with in this thread, would you? Surely even you can understand the logic behind that statement.

The proof's in the pudding, AKA the post above this, and the ones earlier in the thread. Whats wrong with that? Tip.it member's opinions are meaningless? Thats proof enough for me. I suggest you guys stop looking only at one side of the argument.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

seeing as you have absolutely no proof to back up your claims

Not taking any sides here even though I would like to. :roll:

But Rizla... Since you are insisting him getting you 'proof', why don't you just look it up for yourself and realize how wrong you are.

And PMan, give it up. We know your point, and we don't care anymore.

Signed,

Everyone looking in from the outside :shock:

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Seriously, are you dense or something poopingman. Honestly, do you just try and act smart while trying to back up a bullcrap statement.

To make it short and sweet- ITS HORRIBLE. It's a bunch of people saying they are going to commit suicide. Half the emo bands don't have the courage to kill themselves. They are just a bunch of people looking for attention.

IS NOT PROOF!!!!! ITS JUST AN OPINION, NO FACTUAL PROOF. You've been saying this the whole time.

How can that be argued? Rolling Eyes

Like this, you have no proof of that statement. Opinions aren't proof. I can say I hate a lot of things, but that doesn't make it horrible. I hate pee's and brussel sprouts, but that doesn't make them unhealthy. You seem to have lost your argument a long time ago man... seriously

I've been arguing for both sides of the story for a while now. I don't know where you get off saying everyone is siding with a one side story. honestly, I think Riz has prooven more than I have. He doesn't like emo, but he has friends that are into it. Any "professional aruger" knows to look at both sides of the story before arguing, and honestly I think your just doing that. You infact havent been looking at both sides of the story. What if you did like Emo music?

At this point I'd like to say that the majority also hates rap and pure black metal. Should they be gone too? Personally I have a pretty elitist worldview: majority is usually always wrong. This is one reason why I'm against democracy for example. I believe in individualism and for me one's personal thoughts are more important than the majority's opinion. Same thing here: why should the minority stop doing something just because the (stupid) majority doesn't like it? At least I don't need anyone to tell me what is good and what isn't, I can see (or hear when talking about music) it myself.

If emo music really drives you to suicide, maybe you are in a wrong world. I don't believe that we should try to keep people here who really doesn't fit here. Also, it's called emo for a reason. It affects to your emotions. What's depression? That's right, an emotion.

Same messages come from everywhere: tv&other media, other music genres and even from school. If you are too weak minded, everything can cause depression or suicidial thoughts.

Personally I'm not into emo at all, but I found these arguments rather funny.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Seriously, are you dense or something poopingman. Honestly, do you just try and act smart while trying to back up a bullcrap statement.

IS NOT PROOF!!!!! ITS JUST AN OPINION, NO FACTUAL PROOF. You've been saying this the whole time.

How can that be argued? Rolling Eyes

Like this, you have no proof of that statement. Opinions aren't proof. I can say I hate a lot of things, but that doesn't make it horrible. I hate pee's and brussel sprouts, but that doesn't make them unhealthy. You seem to have lost your argument a long time ago man... seriously

I've been arguing for both sides of the story for a while now. I don't know where you get off saying everyone is siding with a one side story. honestly, I think Riz has prooven more than I have. He doesn't like emo, but he has friends that are into it. Any "professional aruger" knows to look at both sides of the story before arguing, and honestly I think your just doing that. You infact havent been looking at both sides of the story. What if you did like Emo music?

This emo kid got alot of attention after he posted this on a friend site, I don't know if he followed through with it or not, but its hard to argue...

http://myspacide.ytmnsfw.com/

Poopingman.png

Still the King....