Underworld

Nexaduro

(LOL @ cramp)

Annoyed with the minor disruption in her hunt, the fiend continues looking for something to feed on. Her lips craved the warmth of a dying organism.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tekrer looks around for a message board where merc job offers are posted and if he does not find one curses and moves into the main part of the city looking for taverns/notice boards (how much money does he have?)

LNYvk.png

I look around the garden, while morphing my form to something pertaining the metal tools of those i had killed.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Name: (The) Draugen

Race (if it's not something I would be familiar with, describe it): Wingless demon.

Companions (are you starting with a specific individual, small group, or settlement): Solo.

Profession (are you a hunter, an adventurer, a mayor, an evil demon bent on world destruction, etc.): Killing, rising from the dead, spreading fear.

Description (what do you look like, with respect to your race and profession): The Draugen looks like a human, pale as a corpse and carrying a stench of decay even though it does degenerate. It's wearing a black, torn robe.

Talents (are you particularly good or bad at anything, do you have any useful skills):Slaughter.

Items (from your cavernous lair to that shiny ring in your pocket): Razor sword.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Mather I think you should just go with one of the usual fiends that will be slaughtered most likely by retech and myself that will totally not be targeted by the towns that they are around due to their actions.

LNYvk.png

Jen allows her scorpion onto her scorpion chain and uses it to fling the scorpion on the creature. Then she swings her scorpion chain around to strike the creature while staying a good distance away.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

It'll be a bit before I reply, dinner's almost ready. Sorry, I'll try to keep a god pace afterwards. :)

Retech, not that I'm going to go against any use of that chain, but you know how you'd have to swing it in combat normally, right? Figure-eights, circles, wraps, rebounds, and slams (none of these are actual terms for fighting with one, of course, just practical concepts)?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Yep, I'm going with the circle here, since it still allows the scorpion to be flung, right?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Actually, like a Kusari-gama, you can also 'flick' the bladed end to extend straight out. (I'm assuming Retech's character has the fighting capability to do so)

Same goes for any chained weapon that is light (aka not a morningstar tip)

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

I'm thinking of it more as a kind of fang-shaped hook at the end of the chain. Anyways, moving on.

Ieyfura: You see a Drow warrior engaged in combat with a rather weak-looking lizard. The Drow's chain weapon is broken and the lizard is clamped onto them, trying to get at their neck.

Tekrer: As your seemingly futile search for mercenary contracts takes you into the main city, you are ambushed in a dark street by two humanoid figures. They each hold a dagger, and yell for you to give them your money (you've got two silver pieces, a fair amount).

Earthsage: You twist your limbs about, but can't seem to mimic the shape of the cold, rigid metal with your vinelike limbs. Suddenly, all the wooden beetles fly off to the north of the grove! You can sense it through the roots that pervade the grove, a human has entered!

Stork: The crab shuffles happily, and leads the six others at a fair pace along the dark landscape. You have plenty of food in your bags, and in the distance you see a small village next to a creek. The village shines brightly with the light of the sun spilling through a crack to the Upperworld far above.

Draugen: You slowly drift out of the void that has engulfed your mind for what seemed like eternity. You were never buried, and still carry the sword they buried you with. Them... those of the nearby village, you despise them so. They cast you away as soon as you were of no use to them, dead from a fierce battle against invaders. You stand, and walk towards the horrible, infernal light that pours onto the living souls running about your old village.

Retech (are you a boy or a girl ingame?): As you whip out your chain, it is snapped by the weight of the large scorpion on the other end. The scorpion's angry chitters fade into the distance as it is thrown out of sight, and the lizard takes this opportunity to lunge at you with claws bared. You hear the distant flapping of wings.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I head immeadiatley to the source of the disturbance, ready to fight against the invader.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

(Is my crossbow loaded?) Tekrer carefully listens for anyone coming up behind him and shoots one of the punks with his crossbow (if loaded) before moving in for the kill with his ax. If his crossbow is not loaded he comes down low and attempts to hamstring one of the enemies while punching the other one in an incapacitating place and then finishing that punk as well. When he attacks he roars a litany towards the dwarven gods.

LNYvk.png

The timeless fiend lands on a ledge, trying to determine which of the two would sustain her thirst the most. The elf would be delicious she knew, but the lizard would sate her famished thirst more. She toyed with the decision, but ultimately decided her hunger was more important than her desire for a tasty meal.

Swooping down, the fiend lands on the lizard's back. Using her claws she rips the helpless creature's spine out, then carries her feast back to the ledge. Hoping the elf is grateful for being spared, she gorges on the lizard's flesh and blood, keeping an eye on the drow the whole time.

Lqt9R.png

You might think so, Stork. You'd be wrong. You can't see in the dark, though your crabs can, so you generally have to light your little herd like a beacon to get around. And I wouldn't let this game get boring, there are always a few twists to throw in.

And Iey, something about that post made me giggle hysterically.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

How does my chain even break? It's made of like magical metal. I wouldn't be able to lift the scorpion if it's heavy enough to break the chain. I thought it was a little one though? Girl in the game.

I'd like to restart if that were possible, with a better chain, since it's impossible to get a Drow chain weapon when you're far removed from a Drow settlement. I don't really want to use the crap that humans have, because otherwise I'd just be a human.

I still need a name. Iapetos should do for now.

Iapetos opens its heavy eyes and looks around at it's surroundings. It looks around the ground for it's chained sword, before clamping the brace to it's wrist and examining its surroundings.

2Xeo5.png

How does my chain even break? It's made of like magical metal.

I'd like to restart if that were possible, with a better chain, since it's impossible to get a Drow chain weapon when you're far removed from a Drow settlement.

Hey now...I'm an ageless fiend and I got a cramp...so its not that bad :P

Lqt9R.png

Yours was temporary, but I can't replace my chain.

When I restart, I will specify that my chain is a "living magical chain", meaning it can join with itself.

Erm retech you know you could just get a sword or mace or something that works in close quarters (shouldn't be that hard if this goes through I may have a couple of daggers to lend out to PCs).

EDIT: As this is mildly relevant towards this thread, this is how actual sword fighting tended to work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TzdtyMC7ek

LNYvk.png