Underworld

Nexaduro

Perhaps Ross, but it seems that starting as a humanoid was a bad choice. My weapons are weak and I don't have any special abilities. I was expecting that I would have awesome weopanry for someone who couldn't fly or whatever.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You had a giant scorpion who could poison stuff but you threw him hhalf a mile away!!! And grim, usually the way medival fighting worked was whoever gets stabed first is the loser, not any of this fancy bull [cabbage].

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Thankfully, I put this in a word document before trying to publish it last night when the forum shut down. All was not lost! :lol:

Earthsage: As you pull yourself towards the intruder, following the wooden beatles, you feel a fire start in another part of the grove. The beatles seem confused, they don't know whether to go after the intruder or the fire. Choose what problem you will see to, and if the beatles will help you or try to solve the other threat.

Tekrer: You reach for your crossbow, but one thief whips his knife at you and it slices into your hand. You instead charge, cutting one of the thieves' shins to the bone and giving him a limp. The other is winded by your punch, but manages to nick your cheek with his knife. Your loud singing seems to disgruntle them, and they look to be close to fleeing.

Ieyfura: You latch on to the lizard and drag it into the sky, then notice that it's still clinging to the Drow. The combined weight causes you to drop both lizard and Drow. As they plummet, the Drow twists about so that she lands on top of the lizard. There is a loud crack as it's spine snaps and it goes limp. You land on your feet a short ways away, unharmed.

Stork: As you near the river, tendrils lash out of the darkness. Four of your crabs quickly scuttle away, and two hide themselves in their shells. The one you're riding jumps back from the flailing limbs, and you pitch forward off of it's back. Your cat hisses as a vaguely humanoid figure steps out from the shadows.

Iapetos: You stretch regally, your chain sword lifting off of the ground as your arm is raised. You grab it in your hand, and stride to the cliff where, far below and far away you can barely see the glow of a campfire.

--------------------------

Never mind, it didn't break, you just lost hold of it. You rolled a one twice in a row, for both aim and weapon technique. On a d100. I'm going to start using a normal d20 instead, but you have to admit that you couldn't have expected a good result. I was generally going to make you a badass adventurer, Retech, to make up for the slightly average start. I'd make the penalties against you less severe when you failed too badly, and you would be more versatile than the non-humans. I'm sorry for your bad luck, you'll be able to find the chain a bit later (not that the chains are even that rare, just extremely difficult for non-Drow to use).

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Oh, that's not a problem. The whole point of the character was the weapon though. There's nothing else really special, and I'd probaly never change weapons until I died.

Jen hurries off to find her lost scorpion chain, leaving the lizard corpse to the demon thingy.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I go after the intruder, ordering the beetles to atend to the fire.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Uh-oh...

Erm, Retech? You made a character for their weapon? :blink:

Retech: As you run off into the darkness, you hear a mad chittering ahead. Following it, you suddenly trip over a chain and faceplant next to an agitated scorpion. The scorpion chitters in a "tsk-tsk" fashion and lightly pinches your shoulder before once more climbing onto your back.

Earthsage: You feel the heat on the grove's distant vegetation dim, and arrive at the edge of the grove. On the dark stone bordering the grove stands a humanoid figure clad in shining plate armour and wielding a claymore. He seems to understand that the terrain of the grove would only hinder him, and waits as a grim challenge just outside your reach. Do you show yourself and enter combat?

Draugen: Your wrath is palpable as you challenge the light of the sun and the steel of the living. Entering the village, the children playing at the border flee, save for one young boy who had been sitting away from the others. He lifts his head, his eyes tearful and questioning. "Father?"

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Yah!

(How big is the scorpion anyways, and what can it do?)

Jen travels back into town and asks the mayor (or whoever her employer is) for anything they need to be slain around the town. Then she asks for information on where a Drow community and Dwarven community could be found.

I try to ask him " why do you come here to burn my home?"

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Quick question, would you rather have Dungeoneering style skill progression or just a sort of unmentioned proficiency increase?

And Retech, the scorpion is about as big as your upper torso, its head ends around shoulder level and the base of the tail is near the bottom of your spine. It's not very heavy, so it doesn't really encumber you.

And now I must go for a little while.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Well Dungeoneering style helps players gauge things better and helps remind the moderator, but either one is fine if it works for you.

Either the dice hate you, Mather, or Karma does.

Draugen: As you approach the child, sword held high, a searing pain manifests under your arm. A young, armored soldier, eyes fearful but determined, has imbedded his spear into your armpit. As he draws the weapon back out you drop your sword and blood gushes forth from the wound. The child runs away, and you see several more men running towards you.

Jen: It's dark, and you seem to be relatively lost. However, you spot a fire in the distance and begin walking toward it, as it is likely your campsite. You hold your chain at the ready, in case further danger should approach.

Earthsage: You send a message, a rustling of the leaves and bending of the branches in the grove, but the knight seems not to understand the language of flora. However, he calls "Fiend, he who engulfed my land and slaughtered my people, face me! I swear by the graves of the lost, you shall burn as my sadness and rage burns me!" He shoulders his claymore, and grabs one of several clay pots hanging from his belt.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Jen prepares to swing her chain and moves closer, with her scorpion prepared to leap at a moments notice. Then she calls out, "Hallo, wer wohnt hier? What manner of creature are you? Human, Dwarf, Drow, or other?"

She hopes that it is a dwarf, because she would like to find the dwarves and ask a favor from their expert artisans.

Tekrer kicks the wounded leg of the first enemy and swings his ax across to decapitate the second one. As he does so he moves onto the third (and most bloody) verse of the litany.

LNYvk.png

OH now he's an [wagon]. I try to imitate his speach to say " They attacked my home.. and Therefore they died.." I walk out and quickly grab his claymoore.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Jen: You approach the camp, calling for its inhabitants to show themselves. You then see the scorpion emblazoned on the banner set into the ground near the fire, and realize that it is indeed your own campsite. Your scorpion (name it?) chitters happily and drapes itself around your shoulders as you go to get some food from your bags. Suddenly, you hear a vaguely familiar flapping of wings and the sound of talons lightly scraping the ground.

Iapetos: You quickly make your way to the campsite, landing just outside the campfire's glow. You see a Drow and her scorpion, sitting in the glow of the campfire. As you land, the Drow quickly jumps up, holding a chain weapon. Her scorpion climbs onto her back and latches on tightly, swinging its tail back and forth.

Tekrer: You topple the wounded thief and split the other's head. The grounded thief begins to crawl away, leaving a trail of blood.

Stork: The crabs regroup not too far away, save for your former mount which scuttles over you. The crab brandishes its claws, snapping the end off one of the tendrils. Another brushes your skull before being ripped away, and the touch gives you a headache. You crawl back and stand up, leaping atop the crab with your staff in hand. The tendrils twitch and withdraw, and the barely visible figure seems to bulk up.

Draugen (the dice REALLY hate you): Your arm limp, you swing about and backhand the man so that he staggers. You pick up your sword once more, but several crossbow bolts zip towards you before you can strike. One tears your left ear to pieces and another embeds itself in your chest. Hissing, you duck behind a fence.

Earthsage: Your message falls upon deaf ears, and you pull yourself up between two branches to lash out and disarm the knight. He is ready, and slashes away the vines wielding the giant sword one-handed while tossing the clay pot into the branches of the tree you're hanging from. The tree bursts into flame, and you drop to the ground. The knight tosses another pot, lighting you on fire directly. As he turns and walks away, you hear a faint buzzing amidst the horrible, deafening roars of pain and fire. The beatles are coming.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

The beetles are ordered to put out the fires, then to go after the human. It's payback time.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

"Demon, I am a creature of darkness, much like you. If your aim is to bring harm to the creatures that are not one with darkness, then leave me be."

Jen prepares to defend herself by swinging her chain in a pattern in front of and above her, in order to ward off the creature. Her scorpion will guard her back. If the creature leaves, then she heads off to the human settlement and asks for the location of dwarven and Drow settlements.

The fiend looks down on the carcass of the dead lizard, hunger raging within her. She swoops down and drags the fresh corpse to the ledge and commences to feast upon it.

Satisfied, she stretches her wings and soars into the air, looking for something entertaining.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png