The HIGH Road

TheDarkSide

Not when don't make money the focal point of your life. You should try it sometime, it helps things. Sure money is important, but you can get by with not much at all if you don't buy into consumerism :)

It's not so much the money that's an issue.

I.E., I don't see why someone would want to stay working as a fry-cook for the rest of their life, instead of having a bit of career ambition, working up the ladder and eventually owning and managing a restaurant of their own.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its funny how middle class people usually say that.

God forbid if you care about your family history either.

Family history?

I forgot smoking pot ruins your oh-so-important family reputation. Right. Keep living life with that perspective lol, it sure seems progressive.

qs2X.png

"Only by going too far can one find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot

Not when don't make money the focal point of your life. You should try it sometime, it helps things. Sure money is important, but you can get by with not much at all if you don't buy into consumerism :)

It's not so much the money that's an issue.

I.E., I don't see why someone would want to stay working as a fry-cook for the rest of their life, instead of having a bit of career ambition, working up the ladder and eventually owning and managing a restaurant of their own.

I think what you are thinking of is called a "loser". A loser is not the same as a person who smokes marijuana. Do these people look like losers to you? They smoke or have smoked regularly and seem to be doing well.

steve-jobs-3g-iphone.jpg

Ted_Turner.standard.jpg

What you are insinuating is that all marijuana smokers are losers (by staying fry cooks all their lives) and that is very unfair. There are plenty of successful people that smoke weed. If you don't like it, good for you. It's not for you and you know it. I'm not trying to say, nor should anyone for that matter, that everyone needs to smoke weed. What I do is my choice and no matter how much anti-weed rhetoric I hear, none of it will ever convince me or any other educated marijuana smoker otherwise unless it has credible, scientific proof; of which none has ever been found. Everything else is speculation at best.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Family history?

I forgot smoking pot ruins your oh-so-important family reputation. Right. Keep living life with that perspective lol, it sure seems progressive.

Not reputation, the history. My grandparents worked hard so their children could have a better future and my parents worked hard so their children (myself) could have a better future. If I became lazy and wasted my time smoking pot on a regular basis, it would be disrespectful to my family's work. I sure as hell don't want my kid to be a junkie wasting my effort and time and that of his grandparents.

It's just that I come from a culture that values the family progress, and its just in America that family is related to unnecessary hard work and more people live life with little regard to the hopes and expectations of their ancestors.

And you sure act like my entire life is against smoking pot. There's bigger issues I deal with than that tiny inconvenience. Has smoking made you forget about the bigger picture? I understand, your brain needs to work to process it.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Family history?

Not reputation, the history. My grandparents worked hard so their children could have a better future and my parents worked hard so their children (myself) could have a better future. If I became lazy and wasted my time smoking pot on a regular basis, it would be disrespectful to my family's work. I sure as hell don't want my kid to be a junkie wasting my effort and time and that of his grandparents.

It's just that I come from a culture that values the family progress, and its just in America that family is related to unnecessary hard work and more people live life with little regard to the hopes and expectations of their ancestors.

And you sure act like my entire life is against smoking pot. There's bigger issues I deal with than that tiny inconvenience. Has smoking made you forget about the bigger picture? I understand, your brain needs to work to process it.

Meh, you just seem hostile. I don't smoke every day... Just on occasions. I misunderstood your earlier post, I get that you'd be wasting everything your dad/grandfather worked for, I just don't agree with it. I can't see myself restricting choices because of other people.

qs2X.png

Meh, you just seem hostile. I don't smoke every day... Just on occasions. I misunderstood your earlier post, I get that you'd be wasting everything your dad/grandfather worked for, I just don't agree with it. I can't see myself restricting decisions because of other people.

It's not really restricting decision unless you WANT to become a lazy bum. My grandfather and everybody before were brickmakers. Doesn't meant my dad had to be a brickmaker, just something he enjoyed to raise his future family well. Same goes for me.

Though I must admit, all my posts were just more cracking jokes at smokers because some of them like to play the little superior game so I thought I might try that for a change.

No hard feelings.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Meh, you just seem hostile. I don't smoke every day... Just on occasions. I misunderstood your earlier post, I get that you'd be wasting everything your dad/grandfather worked for, I just don't agree with it. I can't see myself restricting decisions because of other people.

It's not really restricting decision unless you WANT to become a lazy bum. My grandfather and everybody before were brickmakers. Doesn't meant my dad had to be a brickmaker, just something he enjoyed to raise his future family well. Same goes for me.

Though I must admit, all my posts were just more cracking jokes at smokers because some of them like to play the little superior game so I thought I might try that for a change.

No hard feelings.

:thumbup: Good haha, I just thought you were a jerk.

Yeah, some are overconfident though.

qs2X.png

All you stoners have chemical imbalances in the brain, so your logic isn't trustworthy.

And you compare terrorist motives to lizard men from mars, therefore you are delusional.

My comment was clearly trolling. Those of you who didn't realize that must have mental defects. ;)

This thread is on the brink of a flame war, so I must confess:

1. Many of my posts were trollish in nature. I just couldn't pass up a thread like this, seeing the bias in the first post and knowing the audience it would attract. My opinions are generally the same as those I expressed, but less extreme.

2. I had about four hours of sleep the night before a couple of the more incoherent posts. I apologize for that, but the fact that those are the posts you chose to respond to should tell you something about yourselves.

My opinion that there are no real benefits to drugs or alcohol still stands. I will say, however, that you are entitled to your own opinions, and I do not think marijuana should be illegal while alcohol remains legal.

Please read the post again carefully to be sure that you didn't miss anything in your enhanced state of mind.

[spoiler=Too Stoned, Didn't Read]nixon6.jpg

You're just a bunch of smug bastards. The world could do without you.

With all due respect, what does this post add to the discussion?

I see a personal attack, a flame bait, and a generalization. Nowhere is there even a reference to the topic. I'm not sure you even know how to read based on what I see here.

What, exactly, does "the world" gain from you?

I see a personal attack, a flame bait, and a generalization. Nowhere is there even a reference to the topic. I'm not sure you even know how to read based on what I see here.

He's talking about me. I'll take the fall. :cry:

siggy3s.jpg

I apologize for that, but the fact that those are the posts you chose to respond to should tell you something about yourselves.

The fact that you admitted to sharing similar (although less extreme) views of what you've been posting should tell you something about yourself. Believe it or not, my aim is to be fair, honest, and even scientific. I do acknowledge the faults and (logical) criticisms against weed. Yet you seem to be telling me that I fit this "POT IS INFALLIBLE" stereotype or something?

My opinion that there are no real benefits to drugs or alcohol still stands.

Well, it depends on what you consider a real benefit. Does chocolate have benefits? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds to me like you're saying weed is inherently bad, when really it's the user's responsibility that should be taken into account, just like how we judge everything else (candies, scissors, cars, rocks).

My opinion is that they have the high potential of misuse, and unfortunately many do this, but there are some who can use them in a beneficial manner.

What you are insinuating is that all marijuana smokers are losers (by staying fry cooks all their lives) and that is very unfair. There are plenty of successful people that smoke weed. If you don't like it, good for you. It's not for you and you know it. I'm not trying to say, nor should anyone for that matter, that everyone needs to smoke weed. What I do is my choice and no matter how much anti-weed rhetoric I hear, none of it will ever convince me or any other educated marijuana smoker otherwise unless it has credible, scientific proof; of which none has ever been found. Everything else is speculation at best.

I agree with almost all of what you've said.

However, I wouldn't really consider Steve Jobs and Ted Turner to have a "basic job." Your original post is misleading in the sense that it makes it sound like everyone who smokes pot is going to be fine with working simple jobs like at a fast-food place, or at a clothing store.

I honestly wasn't meaning to insinuate that everyone who smokes pot is a loser. While it is not for me, I am perfectly capable of understanding and accepting that everyone else can make their own choices, and I respect that. My older brother smokes sometimes, and I don't think any less of him for it, and I most certainty don't think he's a loser for it.

I'm just saying... I don't see how "being content with a basic job" is a benefit to smoking weed. That's all. My fry-cook example wasn't meant to imply that if you smoke pot you automatically must have a run-of-the-mill job.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

I apologize for that, but the fact that those are the posts you chose to respond to should tell you something about yourselves.

The fact that you admitted to sharing similar (although less extreme) views of what you've been posting should tell you something about yourself. Believe it or not, my aim is to be fair, honest, and even scientific. I do acknowledge the faults and (logical) criticisms against weed. Yet you seem to be telling me that I fit this "POT IS INFALLIBLE" stereotype or something?

My opinion that there are no real benefits to drugs or alcohol still stands.

Well, it depends on what you consider a real benefit. Does chocolate have benefits? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds to me like you're saying weed is inherently bad, when really it's the user's responsibility that should be taken into account, just like how we judge everything else (candies, scissors, cars, rocks).

My opinion is that they have the high potential of misuse, and unfortunately many do this, but there are some who can use them in a beneficial manner.

The post wasn't really directed at you, as I agree with most of your opinions. You don't fit the "pot is infallible" stereotype, but certain posters here, including the OP, seem to. Those were the individuals I was addressing.

I'm not saying weed is bad. I'm saying the idea that smoking weed is better than not doing so is silly.

Cough cough cough... cough cough... cough cough cough cough.

Found something funny. The California Beer and Beverage Distributors are trying to block the pot initiative. Here is the most biased source I could find.

The Beer guys say that legalized pot will make drug tests for their truck drivers impossible. Is this a legitimate concern or are they bull-[cabbage]ting us?

Don't forget to bring a towel!

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I support legalization of marijuana, but I have to say that I prefer my state of mind the way it is. If I ever feel the need, I would consider it acceptable, but as I don't, I really don't see the motivation.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

I think Marijuana should be legal if Tobacco and Alcohol are legal, but if those are ever made illegal (Which, in my opinion they should, but i'd rather not go into a debate about it) then I don't have any reason why it should be legal.

[hide]Drugs are bad, mmmmmmmmmkay.[/hide]

Whats the difference between these people:

[hide]nwastraightouttacompton_thumbnail.jpg[/hide]

And these?

[hide]Mad%20Dog%20Coll%20group.jpg[/hide]

In the end, they both are just like this.

[hide]gangsters_dancing.jpg[/hide]

siggy3s.jpg

Apparently NWA did a great job of marketing their product to you if you're under the impression that they are anywhere near a representation of a "gangsta". Dre wasn't hard until he joined NWA haha. I get what you're going for though, dealers thrive in prohibition. Take it off the corners, regulate, and tax the hell out of it :thumbup:

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

What do any of your posts add to the discussion? All you've done is come in here and look down on the Stoner from your perch up high. Don't try and condescend me; these "personal attacks" are nothing more than my counter stroke. Nothing I say can or will change your opinion, so I'm giving you what you deserve.

In me the world finds a Saviour.

OMG OMG stop pretending you're the greatest thing since white widow.

Oh btw I'm a savior.

Why the name change & avatar deletion? WHO ARE YOU HIDING FROM!?

Who do you think? Have you been blind to the entire thread, the legality of such items?!

siggy3s.jpg

OMG OMG stop pretending you're the greatest thing since white widow.

Oh btw I'm a savior.

Why the name change & avatar deletion? WHO ARE YOU HIDING FROM!?

Who do you think? Have you been blind to the entire thread, the legality of such items?!

:ohnoes: [cabbage], I'm screwed.

qs2X.png