The HIGH Road

TheDarkSide

[hide=]

Lol. I hope this doesn't get locked.

I'm guessing you're a stoner. Your information is moslty incorrect or biased towards the benefits.

-You are not more attentive to detail when high, you just think you are. You are actually concentrating less.

-Smoking marijuana at a young age increases the chance of dangerous hallucinations when older.

-Lack of motivation will result in failure of both your social life and your career.

-You aren't actually happier. Stoners are prone to extreme moods, usually a result of mental addiction. This means when you aren't high, you will be randomly mean to people, and occasionally experience mild depression. You may say you plan on staying high, but that's impossible. You will build up a resistance, eventually needing massive amounts or stronger drugs, which have more serious health issues.

I dont mean to be biased, sorry for that. I have done a lot of research and not once have I read that smoking at a young age increases the chance of hallucinations, where did you read that?

Ive been smoking for 12 years and during that time I've gotten a degree in digital media, kept the same girlfriend (Soon to be fiancé), and I now make 75,000$ a year editing videos for a newspaper's website. I've not once tried "stronger" drugs, and yes, it does take me larger amounts to get high, but the difference from when I began smoking and now is not very much. I would like to point out that when I say 'Live high" I really mean it. Wake and bake, smoke throughout the day (Yes, on my lunch hour, I use Visine, body spray and mints, and no-one has noticed, plus it hasn't negatively affected my work.) so saying you aren't actually happy is wrong, because when I am high, I am happy, and I am always high.

I understand that this is not always the case, but the same can be said for your disadvantages.

[/hide]

Until they get around to doing drug tests.

I'm prepared ;P

I have kits ready for the annual drug test. I can get it out of my system within two weeks, and the test is always planned. You're right though, if they were to give a random test I'd be screwed.

Sculpted from birth, you try to fit in. Wishing you were this, wanting to be that... changing everything you really are. Meanwhile, you're so lost in others, you have vanished from the earth.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disadvantages

Its ilegal!

For a reason.

Racism and propaganda?

I smoke about once a week and the only way it's affected me negatively is my constant lack of money. You could even say marijuana has motivated me to work harder to make more money, haha. At no point have I ever had any urge to try harder drugs, or kill someone. Saying it affects your judgement is completely ridiculous. Since I started smoking, I've made so many new friends (because a friend with weed is a friend indeed ;)). Among my stoner friends are the most understanding, trustworthy people I've ever met. I have huge appreciation for everything; art, music, nature, everything.

I would be high as often as you are, TheDarkSide, if I had the money. :smile:

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

Disadvantages

Its ilegal!

For a reason.

Racism and propaganda?

I smoke about once a week and the only way it's affected me negatively is my constant lack of money. You could even say marijuana has motivated me to work harder to make more money, haha. At no point have I ever had any urge to try harder drugs, or kill someone. Saying it affects your judgement is completely ridiculous. Since I started smoking, I've made so many new friends (because a friend with weed is a friend indeed ;)). Among my stoner friends are the most understanding, trustworthy people I've ever met. I have huge appreciation for everything; art, music, nature, everything.

Hell yeah. Keep trying :P Once you get a job it gets pretty easy...

Sculpted from birth, you try to fit in. Wishing you were this, wanting to be that... changing everything you really are. Meanwhile, you're so lost in others, you have vanished from the earth.

Disadvantages

Its ilegal!

For a reason.

Racism and propaganda?

I was going to last week but I ended up smoking, so now I'm just drinking a [cabbage] ton of water. Maybe this week.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

Disadvantages

Its ilegal!

For a reason.

Racism and propaganda?

I was going to last week but I ended up smoking, so now I'm just drinking a [cabbage] ton of water. Maybe this week.

"It doesn't interfere with my life, it's just an obstacle when I try to get a job."

Your weed friends will leave you if you stop smoking. That's not a friend, that's a moocher, and they are just as emotionally tied to the drug as you are.

I never understood how people claim to be a great person when they have to artificially get their attributes. If you have to smoke to become happy then the problem isn't going to be solved with smoking. Same goes with alcohol, if you have to get drunk to loosen up then you're missing the big deal here.

I never liked people avoiding the harder route. Then they think they're badass or something taking the easy road. Swear to God, if it wasn't for the prision overcrowding and Prohibition-type scenario we live now I would vote to ban weed every. Chance. I. Get.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Disadvantages

Its ilegal!

For a reason.

Racism and propaganda?

"It doesn't interfere with my life, it's just an obstacle when I try to get a job."

Your weed friends will leave you if you stop smoking. That's not a friend, that's a moocher, and they are just as emotionally tied to the drug as you are.

You don't know my "weed friends." How do you know what they would do? Why do you assume that just because we smoke weed, we have no emotion and only talk to each other because we get weed from each other? In fact, some of my "weed friends" have been my friends before either of has had even considered smoking. Marijuana is just another thing we have in common nw.

I didn't say it didn't interfere with my life. It just doesn't interfere with my life for the worst.

I never understood how people claim to be a great person when they have to artificially get their attributes. If you have to smoke to become happy then the problem isn't going to be solved with smoking. Same goes with alcohol, if you have to get drunk to loosen up then you're missing the big deal here.

I never liked people avoiding the harder route. Then they think they're badass or something taking the easy road. Swear to God, if it wasn't for the prision overcrowding and Prohibition-type scenario we live now I would vote to ban weed every. Chance. I. Get.

Jesus Christ, you people assume a lot.

Okay, you have a point when people think they're badass because they use drugs or drink a lot. That annoys me too. But you assume all weed smokers are exactly the same. It turns out, most of us don't smoke to escape. I'm perfectly happy with my life right now, and I'm 100% sober. I'm not taking the easy way out by smoking weed to escape my problems.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

Never tried it, never will. I just don't see how it's useful or necessary at all. I understand that it can be prescribed by a doctor, but other than that, no reason to smoke it.

It's not something you need to do, it's something you choose to do to feel even better. Take for example food, you could eat just what's necessary to live a healthy life, and just that, or you could eat something you enjoy eating. Or take clothes, for example. Clothes' only function is to cover your body and protect it from the cold, but you still choose to dress with something which is more expensive and probably less usefull.

Being high is the same. You could be happy without smoking weed, but chances are you might end up having a better time if you are high. The best decision would be trying it yourself and judging after the experience.

Life is not doing things that are only necessary. It's OK to choose to do things which you enjoy, and makes you have a good time, or feel better overall.

16185_s.gif

As Sam said earlier, it's nice every once in a while. I can't see the appeal of being blitzed every day. For one, it'll increase your tolerance to it meaning you need to smoke a bit more to acheive the same level of high and two, it must cost a fair whack buying whatever amount of weed you need to stay baked to get through the day. I'll stick to having the odd smoke once in a while.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I could go on a stoner-esque soapbox on why weed is my drug of choice, but I'll save it. I enjoy using it and I don't plan on stopping for a very long time. Everyone needs a break from reality once in awhile. I choose to use weed. You may choose racquetball. It's all the same to me.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Long-term, habitual marijuana use is like taking ice cream scoops out of your brain. I think the OP's post is clear evidence of the degenerative properties of marijuana.

Before long he'll be addicted to something heavier and will be performing oral sex in street corners just to fuel his addictions.

Kids, don't do drugs.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Okay, you have a point when people think they're badass because they use drugs or drink a lot. That annoys me too. But you assume all weed smokers are exactly the same. It turns out, most of us don't smoke to escape. I'm perfectly happy with my life right now, and I'm 100% sober. I'm not taking the easy way out by smoking weed to escape my problems.

Not my fault a few ruin it for the rest of you.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I'm guessing you're a stoner. Your information is moslty incorrect or biased towards the benefits.

-You are not more attentive to detail when high, you just think you are. You are actually concentrating less.

-Smoking marijuana at a young age increases the chance of dangerous hallucinations when older.

-Lack of motivation will result in failure of both your social life and your career.

-You aren't actually happier. Stoners are prone to extreme moods, usually a result of mental addiction. This means when you aren't high, you will be randomly mean to people, and occasionally experience mild depression. You may say you plan on staying high, but that's impossible. You will build up a resistance, eventually needing massive amounts or stronger drugs, which have more serious health issues.

Actually I'm not even going to bother to prove your silly

I dont mean to be biased, sorry for that. I have done a lot of research and not once have I read that smoking at a young age increases the chance of hallucinations, where did you read that?

Ive been smoking for 12 years and during that time I've gotten a degree in digital media, kept the same girlfriend (Soon to be fiancé), and I now make 75,000$ a year editing videos for a newspaper's website. I've not once tried "stronger" drugs, and yes, it does take me larger amounts to get high, but the difference from when I began smoking and now is not very much. I would like to point out that when I say 'Live high" I really mean it. Wake and bake, smoke throughout the day (Yes, on my lunch hour, I use Visine, body spray and mints, and no-one has noticed, plus it hasn't negatively affected my work.) so saying you aren't actually happy is wrong, because when I am high, I am happy, and I am always high.

I understand that this is not always the case, but the same can be said for your disadvantages.

You might be the exception to the rule, but if you're always high, how do you know what it would be like to be sober?

I will admit that the health risks of marijuana are about as bad as those of alcohol. But nobody tries to stay drunk constantly.

Alcohol is far worse for you than weed. No one dies from smoking too much. That being said, neither of them are really good for you. There's a very small amount of conditions where the of marijuana benefits outweigh the "negatives" in terms of health.

I personally am no longer smoking though. It was fun and still is, but I've decided I'll be just as well off without it. I don't need any criminal charges either.

No one dies from smoking weed? High driving is an increasingly common phenomenon with mortality rates similar to drunk driving, for one.

Not mentioning lung cancer (paralleled in alcohol with liver disease) or stupid decisions under the influence(similar to alcohol).

I'm guessing you've never smoked pot in your life or bothered to do any research on it.

- Attention span is arguable, depending on the situation and person. I find studying much easier when stoned, and I produce quality work.

- Dangerous hallucinations? Find me one study to prove this, it doesn't even make any sense. First time I hear this in years o hearing marijuana scare stories.

- If one's social life and career FAIL, pot is most definatelly not to blame.

- "eventually needing massive amounts or stronger drugs, which have more serious health issues." LOL WHAT?

Actually I'm not even going to disprove the massive amount of [cabbage] I see in this topic.

If you like to believe everything you hear, or jump to conclusions without any proof, then go ahead.

If you'd like to learn the truth I suggest going on google and doing some research or start off by watching the following movie: "The Union: Business behind getting high"

Long-term, habitual marijuana use is like taking ice cream scoops out of your brain. I think the OP's post is clear evidence of the degenerative properties of marijuana.

Marijuana does not kill brain cells. The reason people think it does is the study that was done on monkeys actually suffocated them, and the lack of oxygen killed the brain cells, not the marijuana.

Before long he'll be addicted to something heavier and will be performing oral sex in street corners just to fuel his addictions.

Marijuana is not a gateway drug.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

Actually I'm not even going to bother to prove your silly

You might be the exception to the rule, but if you're always high, how do you know what it would be like to be sober?

I will admit that the health risks of marijuana are about as bad as those of alcohol. But nobody tries to stay drunk constantly.

Alcohol is far worse for you than weed. No one dies from smoking too much. That being said, neither of them are really good for you. There's a very small amount of conditions where the of marijuana benefits outweigh the "negatives" in terms of health.

I personally am no longer smoking though. It was fun and still is, but I've decided I'll be just as well off without it. I don't need any criminal charges either.

No one dies from smoking weed? High driving is an increasingly common phenomenon with mortality rates similar to drunk driving, for one.

Not mentioning lung cancer (paralleled in alcohol with liver disease) or stupid decisions under the influence(similar to alcohol).

I'm guessing you've never smoked pot in your life or bothered to do any research on it.

- Attention span is arguable, depending on the situation and person. I find studying much easier when stoned, and I produce quality work.

- Dangerous hallucinations? Find me one study to prove this, it doesn't even make any sense. First time I hear this in years o hearing marijuana scare stories.

- If one's social life and career FAIL, pot is most definatelly not to blame.

- "eventually needing massive amounts or stronger drugs, which have more serious health issues." LOL WHAT?

Actually I'm not even going to disprove the massive amount of [cabbage] I see in this topic.

If you like to believe everything you hear, or jump to conclusions without any proof, then go ahead.

If you'd like to learn the truth I suggest going on google and doing some research or start off by watching the following movie: "The Union: Business behind getting high"

EDIT:

* Lung cancer? - please find me one recent study that confirms that marijuana gives one any form of cancer. Not to mention that eating weed isn't the only way to go. One could eat it, make tea or vaporize it, completely eliminating the need to smoke plant material.

* If you think that health risks of marijuana are as bad as alcohol, I will admit that you know nothing about either marijuana or you think alcohol is harmless.

* High driving is a common phenom? Find me one case where marijuana was the cause of a driving death. Mortality rate here is 0.

* Did I mention that there are a whooping zero people that have died directly from smoking weed?

Take a look at this annual mortality rate in the USA: http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/30

- Tobacco 435000deaths.

- Poor diet and inactivity caused 365000 deaths.

- Alcohol 85000 deaths.

- Marijuana 0 deaths.

Are you people just pulling facts out of your asses?

http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/

I don't see any problems with recreational use but everyday use seems a little overkill. For one, the manipulation of dopamine levels can amplify the symptoms of mental illness. Moreover, some studies suggest that there may be a connection between certain mental illnesses such as schizophrenia and long term use of marijuana. Moderation, my friends.

I will put my boots on.

I will pass on down the corridor.

Moreover, some studies suggest that there may be a connection between certain mental illnesses such as schizophrenia and long term use of marijuana. Moderation, my friends.

I don't have time to find a link, but I believe the tie between schizophrenia and marijuana use is people that are predisposed to schizophrenia and smoke at a young age can develop it much sooner in life. If I remember right...

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I don't have time to find a link, but I believe the tie between schizophrenia and marijuana use is people that are predisposed to schizophrenia and smoke at a young age can develop it much sooner in life. If I remember right...

Yeah, thats what I've always heard. Weed increases the risk of schizophrenia if that risk is already in your genes.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Not my fault a few ruin it for the rest of you.

But it is your fault that you decided to judge an entire group of people based on the "few". Grow up, yeah?

And to anyone who said they don't see the appeal; seriously :-| How into yourself do you have to be not to see it?

Cough cough cough --- cough cough.... cough cough cough.

Crap, was gonna make a point, but I forget what I was gonna say. Don't worry, I'll think of it later.

Its just far out man, far out.

EDIT: I just remembered. Cough cough cough... excuse me. Make sure cough cough ... you bring a towel!

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪