The botting still persists

Hegelstad

Even with bots dragon bones are 5k each, imagine without them. We need bots more than you think.

Anyway jagex is desperete to keep clients but simplying issueing rollbacks instead of bans.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with bots dragon bones are 5k each, imagine without them. We need bots more than you think.

Anyway jagex is desperete to keep clients but simplying issueing rollbacks instead of bans.

No, we don't need bots. The point of a user driven economy is that the users drive the economy, so you do end up with items like dragon bones where there is too much demand for the supply, so the suppliers make big cash. Supply and demand will always find some kind of balance because eventually the demand will cause the interest in supply to spike to a point where the supply floods the market and the price drops.

Using bots is the answer of greedy players who are more interested in their own ex-pees than the game properly functioning, and botters making excuses.

Bots screw up the economy of every game they enter. The environment which just happens to suit you isn't the economy working as intended, it is being manipulated.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

• 2 weeks later...

No, we don't need bots. The point of a user driven economy is that the users drive the economy, so you do end up with items like dragon bones where there is too much demand for the supply, so the suppliers make big cash. Supply and demand will always find some kind of balance because eventually the demand will cause the interest in supply to spike to a point where the supply floods the market and the price drops.

Using bots is the answer of greedy players who are more interested in their own ex-pees than the game properly functioning, and botters making excuses.

Bots screw up the economy of every game they enter. The environment which just happens to suit you isn't the economy working as intended, it is being manipulated.

Point of a game is to have fun. If that means botting the stats you want to pk with, then so be it. Simple, no?

Point of a game is to have fun. If that means botting the stats you want to pk with, then so be it. Simple, no?

"I don't like this part so I'll just cheat to get past it."

No, it doesn't work like that in any multiplayer game. If you can't handle that, go play a single player game and use all the cheats/trainers you want.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

If the rules of the game is not to bot, then botting the stats is unfair. Period. If you want to bot the stats just to pk, then prepared to face the consequences. Simple?

To have the fun that you want, you need to train the stats first. What makes you think that you are good enough to be the only one to have the right to PK with the stats that you want?

Yeah, like that zaryte bow

wait

recharge costs = ammo.

So, all melee weapons are overpowered, at least.

this combat triangle finally makes sense...

No, it doesn't work like that in any multiplayer game. If you can't handle that, go play a single player game and use all the cheats/trainers you want.

If the rules of the game is not to bot, then botting the stats is unfair. Period. If you want to bot the stats just to pk, then prepared to face the consequences. Simple?

You talk about rules (fairness?) and I'm talking about fun. It's a game. Games are meant to be fun. If all you care about are rules, go join the military :thumbup:

I'm trying to make this as simple for you as I can.

To have the fun that you want, you need to train the stats first. What makes you think that you are good enough to be the only one to have the right to PK with the stats that you want?

Well, I'm not stopping you from getting the same hypothetical stats, so if you want to train all day go right ahead, I'd rather do something more useful.

I dun like bots... Really though jammyflax loses money if a bot is p2p. If the account takes more time gaining every level then jegax would make money because the player needs more membership to reach a goal he/she could have botted to in half the time.

if i play a game for 4 hours and bot for 8 hours (with 50% efficency), then thats 8 efective hours playing.

without bot thats 4 hours.

yet jagex still gets the same pay for the one day.

so logicly i am spending the same money but getinng levels faster.

You talk about rules (fairness?) and I'm talking about fun. It's a game. Games are meant to be fun. If all you care about are rules, go join the military :thumbup:

Well, I'm not stopping you from getting the same hypothetical stats, so if you want to train all day go right ahead, I'd rather do something more useful.

well the thing is, following the rules AND haveing fun is inportent.

if you find getting levels fun, do that.

if you bot to get thouse levels, then you may find it fun, but WE dont.

just think, haveing lots of real life money is fun (not a time to start going on about you cant but happyness etc).

so why not go steal some from a bank or print some your self?

its the same thing. and the flame you would get if you suport the idea of people robing banks...

thats just how it is. bad.

an econmy without bots MIGHT be worse off, but it wouldent be much worse off. to say they keep pirces low means nuthing, maybe prices are MENT to be high?

you cant justify bots.

and even if you can, you cant. there againt the rules and in the end, thats it.

there bad. there againt the rules. there unfair.

that is the truth.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

That's because you're not that bright, so your own logic makes sense to you. If you want to cheat, you can go join a private server that condones it. When you're on Jagex's servers, you play by their rules and on their conditions. Deal with it, or get out.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

You talk about rules (fairness?) and I'm talking about fun. It's a game. Games are meant to be fun.

Which is why Jagex makes rules against botting.

You are taking away fun from others because you are getting the same reward without any of the effort. You are ruining the correlation between effort and reward - an essential part to any competitive game. There's a word for that: cheating.

Cheating characteristically is employed to create an unfair advantage, usually in one's own interest, and often at the expense of others.

You are taking away fun from others because you are getting the same reward without any of the effort. You are ruining the correlation between effort and reward - an essential part to any competitive game. There's a word for that: cheating.

Cheating characteristically is employed to create an unfair advantage, usually in one's own interest, and often at the expense of others.

You assume I care about others that play the game. I don't.

That's because you're not that bright, so your own logic makes sense to you.

Big man on the internets :ohnoes:

You've been here 5 years. I don't think I'd be too far off in assuming you're at least 20, yet you still think like a 12 year old.

That is subjective.

See above. I don't care about you or any other rs player.

just think, haveing lots of real life money is fun (not a time to start going on about you cant but happyness etc).

its the same thing. and the flame you would get if you suport the idea of people robing banks...

an econmy without bots MIGHT be worse off, but it wouldent be much worse off. to say they keep pirces low means nuthing, maybe prices are MENT to be high?

you cant justify bots.

that is the truth.

This is a game, not real life. And your spelling is horrible. Firefox has a built-in spellchecker. Use it.

You've been here 5 years. I don't think I'd be too far off in assuming you're at least 20, yet you still think like a 12 year old.

From what I can see by most of your posts, your logic is completely preposterous. At first, you say someone has been here for 5 years, thus defining them as experienced. Next, you go on to insulting their intelligence because they clearly brought up a very good assumption, in which you disagree with. If you want to have serious debates, do not insult the opponent. You are further hurting your own cause.

That is subjective.

Doesn't mean anything at all. I don't care about other people usually, but I don't go out of my way to cause harm or annoy them.

you cant justify bots.

that is the truth.

This is a game, not real life. And your spelling is horrible. Firefox has a built-in spellchecker. Use it.

This is a game, but very same principles between real life and games could exist most definitely. "Man is born free and every where he is in chains." A quote by Jean-Jacques Rousseau, which can help explain your situation. Those chains of which he speaks; they are rules. Rules are there to help people, not tear them apart and argue/ kill each other with no visible consequences.

I am not very good at quoting inside quotes. If someone can fix that for me, I'd appreciate it. I put my response that's inside the quote in bigger letters.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I'm going to rob the bank because I can't be bothered to earn money myself. That way, I can spend the cash on whatever I want and enjoy life, I don't give a damn about those poor bankers I shot, or every law-abiding citizen who worked their asses off to make a living. I do what I want because I don't care about anyone else in this world.

Cool story bro.

Staurolite.png

From what I can see by most of your posts, your logic is completely preposterous. At first, you say someone has been here for 5 years, thus defining them as experienced. Next, you go on to insulting their intelligence because they clearly brought up a very good assumption, in which you disagree with. If you want to have serious debates, do not insult the opponent. You are further hurting your own cause.

That is subjective.

Doesn't mean anything at all. I don't care about other people usually, but I don't go out of my way to cause harm or annoy them.

you cant justify bots.

that is the truth.

This is a game, but very same principles between real life and games could exist most definitely. "Man is born free and every where he is in chains." A quote by Jean-Jacques Rousseau, which can help explain your situation. Those chains of which he speaks; they are rules. Rules are there to help people, not tear them apart and argue/ kill each other with no visible consequences.

They are ingame rules, arbitrarily set by some guy to keep little kids from crying about how unfair this game is. That is all. Don't try to bring ethics and morals into a game.

Compare tip.it's stance on botting today to what it was 5 years ago. It's nice to see some of us are finally growing up and are able to see the bigger picture, although many still see the world through the eyes of a child :thumbup:

That's because you're not that bright
Are you stupid or are you just stupid? I don't wanna get into name calling but you sir are just [developmentally delayed]ed :thumbup:

Are you stupid or are you just stupid?I don't wanna get into name calling but you sir are just [developmentally delayed]ed :thumbup:

Did I ever say he was in the right for doing it?

They are ingame rules, arbitrarily set by some guy to keep little kids from crying about how unfair this game is. That is all. Don't try to bring ethics and morals into a game.

Compare tip.it's stance on botting today to what it was 5 years ago. It's nice to see some of us are finally growing up and are able to see the bigger picture, although many still see the world through the eyes of a child :thumbup:

What's the difference in stance then?

Also on that "eyes of the child" comment, you don't want to know what I see through my eyes. It's not youth, either.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Are you stupid or are you just stupid?I don't wanna get into name calling but you sir are just [developmentally delayed]ed :thumbup:

Did I ever say he was in the right for doing it?

I didn't say that. Just makes you look like an ass when you go on a tangent about me questioning the guy's intelligence.

What's the difference in stance then?

A good portion doesn't give a damn about bots anymore.

Also on that "eyes of the child" comment, you don't want to know what I see through my eyes. It's not youth, either.
Don't know, don't care.

I'm going to rob the bank because I can't be bothered to earn money myself. That way, I can spend the cash on whatever I want and enjoy life, I don't give a damn about those poor bankers I shot, or every law-abiding citizen who worked their asses off to make a living. I do what I want because I don't care about anyone else in this world.

Cool story bro.

I try my best to keep my posts very short and to the point so that even the slower kids could follow. Clearly you are an exception.

Don't worry about anonymouse_ he is just a basement troll who never heard of playing in moderation/efficiently and thinks to have good stats you MUST have no life which couldn't be farther from the truth, I'm going to college in a few months and I have 2475 total and I only play 2-3 hours a day

I don't understand why people bot especially now that the game is 10X easier than it was when I started in 06

372nd to max total level

If you can't handle that, go play a single player game and use all the cheats/trainers you want.

If you want to bot the stats just to pk, then prepared to face the consequences. Simple?

When you're on Jagex's servers, you play by their rules and on their conditions. Deal with it, or get out.

Pretty much this. :thumbup:

I have nothing against bots (although it's kinda pointless to play a game and not play it), but your point is essentially "I HATE RULES THEY ARE DUMB I SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO DO WHATEVER I WANT".

I just came back from a break (almost a year) where I was playing WOW. I noticed there are also auto fishers in game etc, but once you report a player for it (same with scamming account details of people being really offensive) I noticed 24-48hrs later moderators actually bothered to write u a polite text warning you not to hand out personal details to strangers & to keep reporting 'system abusers' who cheat. They also ensure you steps will be taken against the people who broke the rules.

If the game moderators give you the feeling you are actually helping the in-game community to remove cheaters/bad elements from the game, that actually encourages you to live by the rules and kick the lamers out.

What bothers me about Jagex is the fact you can report & ignore a player but when you return two weeks later to the same spot you see the same bot is still training there but it has gained an amazing amount of XP in that one particular skill...

Well that bothers me indeed... You get the option to report botters but nothing happens to them and Jagex also refuses to inform you whether your report changes things.

I know the moderators in other games (like wow) probably just send you a global message they keep sending to people who report others, or even worse: an automated message the system sends you once they receive complaints... BUT this still gives you the feeling things may change?

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Enjoy yourself while levelling. If you can't, then endure it. If you don't want to train, then don't expect to play the game with the hypothetical stats that you want.

That is subjective.

you cant justify bots.

that is the truth.

Then get your ___ off Runescape and stop thinking that you got the largest ego.

Yeah, like that zaryte bow

wait

recharge costs = ammo.

So, all melee weapons are overpowered, at least.

this combat triangle finally makes sense...

Enjoy yourself while levelling. If you can't, then endure it. If you don't want to train, then don't expect to play the game with the hypothetical stats that you want. Get your ___ off Runescape and stop thinking that you got the largest ego.

This. If you're not willing to put in the effort to accomplish goals, then quit.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

*clears throat*. Ok, where to start, lots to say...

TROLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOOLLOLOL

With that said, this has become a troll thread. With that I add an inspiring picture, with an inspiring quote:

obvioustrollisobvious.jpg

OBVIOUS TROLL IS OBVIOUS

mmm...cliche...

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

• 2 weeks later...