The botting still persists

Hegelstad

Bot hunters are so gay.

I like you already :thumbup:

Your avatar says it all doesn't it... Sad how people turn against the wrong people. Botting is wrong and people who bot should be reported and be punished for their actions!

Nothing more, nothing less. Not wanting to see a crime is equal as participating in it imo :angry:

Report a bot if you see one, don't actively go out to crash them/report all of them in a day. It is pointless, a waste of your membership and is only going to delay them slightly in making a new account.

What right do you have to tell him what to do? :wink:

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get more profit Runecrafting, now that people Bot P Ess and sell for lowest... Makes my day as I attempt to accumulate 1M natures... peoples make profit

Umad bro?

If you are, there's probably Family Guy on Fox at 7/6C on the Telly tonite...

cheap_labour.png

Woohoo........

Bots will never cease to exist. There are peaks and valleys, but they will always survive; if not thrive.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

I think Jagex is starting to look into this issue as they reported a while ago that there were bots abusing the Soul Wars mini-game. Currently they are commonly found at Aubrey's in Varrock, at the Red Chinchompa hunting spots, at the Green Dragons in Wilderness and the Chaos Tunnels, and perhaps at Living Rock Caverns.

I just hope the ban hammer comes along and gets rid of many of them. However, banning accounts shouldn't be the only thing. They should ban IP Addresses so that they won't just go and make another account only to macro later on.

It is very easy to change your IP address and they can just start botting again. They used to ban IP's then people would change it and be working on botting again.

Many people don't realise that bots keep the economy afloat. It's like anything in life, you need people who exploit, cheats, or whatever to keep things afloat. You really think "real" people sit 24/7 mining. If bot's didn't do it, prices would rocket. Jagex have also accepted this, this is why they only ban a number of these accounts. If they wanted to they could easily detect and ban all of them. They choose not to.

Thanks,

Quenya

Many people don't realise that bots keep the economy afloat. It's like anything in life, you need people who exploit, cheats, or whatever to keep things afloat. You really think "real" people sit 24/7 mining. If bot's didn't do it, prices would rocket. Jagex have also accepted this, this is why they only ban a number of these accounts. If they wanted to they could easily detect and ban all of them. They choose not to.

Thanks,

Quenya

This.

And this is the whole problem with mmo industries.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Thanks,

Quenya

1) Jagex sells the account's items in G.E

2) Jagex bans bot

3) Economy remains the way it is

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Well if there's one bright side with bots, it's that they're way more stupid than your average person.

That's why people now lure bots to their death and steal their stuff :thumbup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

The other day I was @ Al-kharid warriors training for fun. Now I have pretty good reflexes and I was out-clicking another guy who just arrived after I did. I practically beat him to every single monster, and he gave up in disgust after a few minutes and called me a '[bleep]ing botter [wagon]'. He gave me no chance to respond because he ran off right after he said that. It's pretty funny how people can be so quick to blame or accuse other players just because they are doing something better/faster.

Bots don't really piss me off because the account holder has made a conscious choice to cheat and it's their prerogative to face the consequences if they get caught. They probably understand the risks and know they aren't getting that much fun out of the game. I'm going to play the game my way, and the botters will play the game their way. Same for 'annoying' pures and their cocky attitudes and language. I have the same attitude towards the filter too.

Bots do keep prices of many harvested goods low, but also swarm many trees and fishing spots (especially in F2p, where many popular Wc and mining spots are completely overcrowded) and do more harm than good.

The only thing that really irks me is the fact that Jagex honestly doesn't seem to care about bots; They could easily send Mods to observe popular botting locations and they could be banning accounts by the hundreds. This has not happened. My only hope is that Jagex might be trying to observe the Bots for a very long time, collect some very serious evidence and them issue some definite bans.

Alphony.png

The other day I was @ Al-kharid warriors training for fun. Now I have pretty good reflexes and I was out-clicking another guy who just arrived after I did. I practically beat him to every single monster, and he gave up in disgust after a few minutes and called me a '[bleep]ing botter [wagon]'. He gave me no chance to respond because he ran off right after he said that. It's pretty funny how people can be so quick to blame or accuse other players just because they are doing something better/faster.

Bots don't really piss me off because the account holder has made a conscious choice to cheat and it's their prerogative to face the consequences if they get caught. They probably understand the risks and know they aren't getting that much fun out of the game. I'm going to play the game my way, and the botters will play the game their way. Same for 'annoying' pures and their cocky attitudes and language. I have the same attitude towards the filter too.

Bots do keep prices of many harvested goods low, but also swarm many trees and fishing spots (especially in F2p, where many popular Wc and mining spots are completely overcrowded) and do more harm than good.

The only thing that really irks me is the fact that Jagex honestly doesn't seem to care about bots; They could easily send Mods to observe popular botting locations and they could be banning accounts by the hundreds. This has not happened. My only hope is that Jagex might be trying to observe the Bots for a very long time, collect some very serious evidence and them issue some definite bans.

Well, if you consider that botters pay for membership fees - it seems clear why Jagex wouldn't issue immediate bans.

Bots are not a sparse event that you don't come across much. If you do some things like fishing/wc/farming - you'll definately catch a good amount of bots (or just some people who play like bots).

http://www.chacha.com/question/how-many-people-play-runescape

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RuneScape

Assuming this is right (I have no idea if it is or not) and guessing that 1/3 "active accounts" are botters (I'm sure it's at least that percentage - apparently, it's not so hard to bot on multiple accounts at any one given instance). If we suppose that 1/2 of the accounts are members (I figure this rate is probably a lower estimate) and even if runescape catches 1/10 of the botters, they lose out in 1/(2x3x10) x 10,000,000 x 5 = over 800,000 dollars PER month.

I'm guessing these are lower end estimates and if Jagex starts banning people - there must be a few people who would get falsely banned. That's a HUGE load of income and everybody here plays RS despite the abundance of bots.

So it becomes a question of maintaining income by not banning anybody or losing income by banning people. The choice seems pretty obvious if you look at it like that.

capt%20kevin.png

face it, jagex doesnt care about bots at all.

they make the money from bots, people make spare accounts and pay for bot membership so jagex gets more money

all jagex would have to do to combat botting is make the player type in a captcha during a random event

for a real player, it takes 10seconds to type in the captcha so no big deal

a bot cant type it in so botting would go down dramatically

but...jagex wants its money so they dont implement anything like this

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

Back in 2005 when I started playing essence was actually a good way for starter players to earn money. I used to mine half my ess to sell and the other half to train runecrafting.

It's like the trade limit. People said that the removal of price limits would ruin the economy, however, it eventually would balance itself out.

Same with the gathering skills. They may be mind numbing activities for most. But if you need the money you'll train them.

tablw5.png

Kill corporate radio. http://www.killradio.org

Thanks,

Quenya

This is the most ridiculous comment I have seen in a while. So you promote the idea of cheats, scammers, thieves and generally unsavoury characters whether RS or RL? Because you think they ......keep....our....economy....afloat!!!! And in the unlikely chance that prices rocketed, then I would be very happy mining and making a huge profit.

Many businesses in the real world have tumbled because of a false economy led by underhand tactics. Jagex tries to stay on top because bots are generally bad for business and make the customers (us) unhappy. However it is a bit like trying to stay on top of a computer virus, everytime you deal with one, there is another newly developed one.

35cq0q9.png

@^

You say that you are unhappy, how come you still play the game? I guess you aren't unhappy enough. Quenya's points are very valid.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

1) Bots wc mahogany.

2) Bots sell mahogany keeping the prices low.

3) Bots use the mahogany to make planks, and

4) Bots keep mahogany planks (and all other planks using the same method) low.

This is how any buyable skill becomes bearably expensive. Without bots, herb could be upwards of 1b, 800mil using the cheapest methods. Sure, bots are the annoying little [bleep]s at your tree or rock, and believe me, I hate them too, but if you ever plan on a buyable skillcape, we need them.

I don't bot, but I know people who do, and they give the above reasons. And sure, bots may keep buyable skillcapes within the reason, but you might (and probably will, eventually) get reported, have your stats reset, and there's nothing you can do about it. So do the pros outweigh the cons? No, they don't. Here's why:

I'll use yew logs as an example now. Yews are a very heavily botted resource, which keeps their prices at about 450-500 gp. Now, let's say all the bots are gone. For a short period of time, yew logs skyrocket to 800gp, the supply withers, but because yew logs are considered the best fletching xp for the money by many, or firemaking xp, the demand is smaller, but still there. Now, players see the high price of the yew logs, and begin to chop them. New players train wc, an easy skill, to 60 to chop yews. And after a few weeks, the price goes back to normal, without any bots. Assuming no one merches yew logs in that time.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

• 3 weeks later...
It's like anything in life, you need people who exploit, cheats, or whatever to keep things afloat.

Give me one example, please.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.