The botting still persists

Hegelstad

Seeing nothing happening to these bots is really encouraging me to start botting.

I have friends with multiple hard, boring 99s like agility+rc, who were 100% botted, who are still playing.

Why should I put in thousands of hours of work, when people I know get this for free.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing nothing happening to these bots is really encouraging me to start botting.

I have friends with multiple hard, boring 99s like agility+rc, who were 100% botted, who are still playing.

Why should I put in thousands of hours of work, when people I know get this for free.

Because it's much more fun to know that you got the 99 legitimately?

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Since when are agility and runecrafting ever fun for someone who isn't clinically masochistic?

On Topic: Botting devalues the game and jagex does nothing about it because, simply, bots still make them money... They denounce bots publicly but don't do anything about them in order to keep customers. They've even stopped banning people (and just resetting their levels) because of this. Its a classic case of attempting to appease everyone but in the end pleasing no-one.

"In order to lead, you must learn how to carry your followers upon your shoulders"

"A man is not only defined by his abilities, but also by those of the men with which he surrounds himself"

"The meek fight for skill and fame, the strong fight for power with the skill and fame they already have"

"There is no good without sacrifice and no sacrifice without mercy"

I think the problem that Jagex are facing is the sophistication of some of the bots now available.

I remember when a good old random event would pop up, and that bot would screw up. Now a random event does nothing.

A lot of people are blind to what's actually being bot-ted.

People use it to train Rune-crafting, Agility, amongst other things, I wont be surprised when they script a dungeoneering one. I think Jagex should consider IP discipline.

Regards

Matt

Hmm, my thread has officially been trolled by anonymous.

Didn't realize this thread was still around. You miss me? And it's anonymouse.

A lot of people are blind to what's actually being bot-ted.

People use it to train Rune-crafting, Agility, amongst other things, I wont be surprised when they script a dungeoneering one.

Already been done :thumbup:

Wait how exactly is running in a circle 50k times fun? Stop lying to yourself, it's not :shame:

"I don't like this part so I'll just cheat to get past it."

No, it doesn't work like that in any multiplayer game. If you can't handle that, go play a single player game and use all the cheats/trainers you want.

If the rules of the game is not to bot, then botting the stats is unfair. Period. If you want to bot the stats just to pk, then prepared to face the consequences. Simple?

You talk about rules (fairness?) and I'm talking about fun. It's a game. Games are meant to be fun. If all you care about are rules, go join the military :thumbup:

I'm trying to make this as simple for you as I can.

To have the fun that you want, you need to train the stats first. What makes you think that you are good enough to be the only one to have the right to PK with the stats that you want?

Well, I'm not stopping you from getting the same hypothetical stats, so if you want to train all day go right ahead, I'd rather do something more useful.

Enjoy yourself while levelling. If you can't, then endure it. If you don't want to train, then don't expect to play the game with the hypothetical stats that you want.

Why when you can have both the stats and the fun?

Which is why Jagex makes rules against botting.

You are taking away fun from others because you are getting the same reward without any of the effort. You are ruining the correlation between effort and reward - an essential part to any competitive game. There's a word for that: cheating.

Cheating characteristically is employed to create an unfair advantage, usually in one's own interest, and often at the expense of others.

You assume I care about others that play the game. I don't.

That's because you're not that bright, so your own logic makes sense to you.

Big man on the internets :ohnoes:

You've been here 5 years. I don't think I'd be too far off in assuming you're at least 20, yet you still think like a 12 year old.

well the thing is, following the rules AND haveing fun is inportent.

That is subjective.

if you find getting levels fun, do that.

if you bot to get thouse levels, then you may find it fun, but WE dont.

See above. I don't care about you or any other rs player.

just think, haveing lots of real life money is fun (not a time to start going on about you cant but happyness etc).

so why not go steal some from a bank or print some your self?

its the same thing. and the flame you would get if you suport the idea of people robing banks...

thats just how it is. bad.

an econmy without bots MIGHT be worse off, but it wouldent be much worse off. to say they keep pirces low means nuthing, maybe prices are MENT to be high?

you cant justify bots.

and even if you can, you cant. there againt the rules and in the end, thats it.

there bad. there againt the rules. there unfair.

that is the truth.

This is a game, not real life. And your spelling is horrible. Firefox has a built-in spellchecker. Use it.

Then get your ___ off Runescape and stop thinking that you got the largest ego.

I like my ego, thanks :thumbup:

The thing is, there will always be bots. Not due to Jagex's methods being ineffective, but because accounts are free to create or profitable to create in members (for gold farmers).

Every single one of those bots will be one of the many, many accounts that have and will be banned that are owned by a single person. The botting will ALWAYS persist, and the only reason is because people can simply evade the bans with a new account.

The gold farmers don't intend on having a long term account, they create a new account, get it membership and bot it. Then they sell the gold/trade it over to a different account and expect it to be banned, it isn't a matter of whether it will or not, just when.

The procautions botters have to take to do something as simple as mine essence is unbelievable. They all have theories of how Jagex detects them and what they can do to avoid bans... and yet none work. This only proves the quality of Jagex's ban system, and shows that they have come a very long way.

Think about it... How long would it take you, botting 10 hours+ a day, to get to a stage where you could make 200k+ per hour from essence mining. The answer is less than a day. Someone gets banned, they make a new account and complete the quest, they are good to go.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

The thing is, there will always be bots. Not due to Jagex's methods being ineffective, but because accounts are free to create or profitable to create in members (for gold farmers).

Every single one of those bots will be one of the many, many accounts that have and will be banned that are owned by a single person. The botting will ALWAYS persist, and the only reason is because people can simply evade the bans with a new account.

The gold farmers don't intend on having a long term account, they create a new account, get it membership and bot it. Then they sell the gold/trade it over to a different account and expect it to be banned, it isn't a matter of whether it will or not, just when.

The procautions botters have to take to do something as simple as mine essence is unbelievable. They all have theories of how Jagex detects them and what they can do to avoid bans... and yet none work. This only proves the quality of Jagex's ban system, and shows that they have come a very long way.

Think about it... How long would it take you, botting 10 hours+ a day, to get to a stage where you could make 200k+ per hour from essence mining. The answer is less than a day. Someone gets banned, they make a new account and complete the quest, they are good to go.

The guys mining ess are idiots, and the detection system fails. The only reason ess miners even get banned is because of reports. In many cases botters don't get caught for months, if ever.

if you are playing for levels you are doing it wrong. this is a game, not a job. if you don't find getting levels fun, then quit.

Yah, why bot 99 agility when you can spend the time playing castle wars :shades:

Bot or no bot, if you don't like a skill, there's no reason to train it to 99.

Guy: I am going to get 99 agility right now!

Me: I thought you didn't like to train it.

Guy: Ya but it has cool cape and emote.

This is the reason sadly. Not for everyone, but for most.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

*clears throat*. Ok, where to start, lots to say...

TROLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOOLLOLOL

With that said, this has become a troll thread. With that I add an inspiring picture, with an inspiring quote:

obvioustrollisobvious.jpg

OBVIOUS TROLL IS OBVIOUS

mmm...cliche...

Basically every rants thread ever.

kazmahalfsize.png

I've lurked the forums for a bit, and it seems most of you GREATLY underestimate the complexity of bots. The majority of people don't realize it, but adding ~10 lines of code will stop your bots from picking up nature runes at the chaos tunnels. Another thing is is that unless you are using a piss poor bot, dropping a large amount of items on an npc will not mess it up at all. The bot isnt programmed to move its mouse to a certain position, which would be changed with the items, but its programmed to move to an option and click it. No matter where it is.

A lot of botters just leech, but if you wanted to, you could make your bot detect when a cannon is setup infont of aubury or w/e and just have it hop worlds.

Posting from my mobile, excuse the grammar mistakes please.

Yah, why bot 99 agility when you can spend the time playing castle wars :shades:

Bot or no bot, if you don't like a skill, there's no reason to train it to 99.

Guy: I am going to get 99 agility right now!

Me: I thought you didn't like to train it.

Guy: Ya but it has cool cape and emote.

This is the reason sadly. Not for everyone, but for most.

This post disgusts me. what is it to you why they get the 99? It's their choice, whether they go the legal way or not. I did 99 Agility because I wanted the cape. Explain why someone who does it because they like running around in circles for MONTHS to be better?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I've lurked the forums for a bit, and it seems most of you GREATLY underestimate the complexity of bots. The majority of people don't realize it, but adding ~10 lines of code will stop your bots from picking up nature runes at the chaos tunnels. Another thing is is that unless you are using a piss poor bot, dropping a large amount of items on an npc will not mess it up at all. The bot isnt programmed to move its mouse to a certain position, which would be changed with the items, but its programmed to move to an option and click it. No matter where it is.

A lot of botters just leech, but if you wanted to, you could make your bot detect when a cannon is setup infont of aubury or w/e and just have it hop worlds.

Finally someone with a IQ over 10 (not saying that everyone else posting here has that).

Bots have been so easy to use and very available. Jagex is doing a bad effort to detect them and ban them. That's the case.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Finally someone with a IQ over 10 (not saying that everyone else posting here has that).

No, you are saying that.

And as far as I can tell, this thread has long out lived its purpose. It's just 2 groups of people fighting over a third group of people.

Bots aren't going anywhere, move along people.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

It's not because Jagex doesn't enforce their rules that the issue (botting) cannot be debated. I understand that if this thread has only been created to discuss that botting is still rampant in the game... then yes there's no point in discussing this further as there are plenty of evidence to show that RS is still filled with botters.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Bring back the following randoms:

Swarm.

Evil Chicken.

Fishing Troll.

Rock monster thing.

Those really destroyed bots.

Except bots are probably pretty advanced and can easily get around those.

there is ONLY one way to really get rid of bots (by get rid of, i mean over 90% of them becouse there will allways be some around), is to make rs, not unbottible, but unfun to bot.

if there is a will, there is a way.

so remove the will. and there is no way.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Bring back the following randoms:

Swarm.

Evil Chicken.

Fishing Troll.

Rock monster thing.

Those really destroyed bots.

even back in the day bots ran away. Who those really kill is skillers that went to get some water for a second.

After they died, a wannabe-mod would pm them saying they were reported for afking :P

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

there is ONLY one way to really get rid of bots (by get rid of, i mean over 90% of them becouse there will allways be some around), is to make rs, not unbottible, but unfun to bot.

and in fact, while we're at it, who says there has to be lawbreakers irl? remove the need to break laws in the world, and no one will break laws!

oh ok, sorry.

and in fact, while we're at it, who says there has to be lawbreakers irl? remove the need to break laws in the world, and no one will break laws!

oh ok, sorry.

there is a difrence between being alowed to rob a bank, then not needing too becouse your job is good enough.

i think thats what ur on about, couldent really understand what u said.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Don't we all love mutual feelings?

Hmmm...what's this I see? A JAgex Mod, and regular Mod botting? Hmmm... (my friend sent me these. Apparently they posted them as "proggies" and didn't clear the name)

167933_186477518032020_100000093183113_690391_3321058_n.jpg

167673_186477554698683_100000093183113_690392_6171087_n.jpg

... .... ...obvious fake is obvious

/facepalm

Don't we all love mutual feelings?

no :thumbdown: