Timewise, is it worth it to train with the Master Penance Horn?

tedbundty

I'm so miserable right now because I need to train Agility FMing and Mining but I don't know whether or not it's worth charging the penance horn or not.

I don't actually hate the mini game that much it's just that finding a good team is so annoying especially because everybody is always logging out. I would do it, though, if it was really worth it - so I'd like to know once and for all whether it is.

................................[Currently Have - 1300M].................................

............tedsignature.jpg............

My Beginner's Merchanting Guide - My Youtube Channel - My Twitter

It really depends on two things: whether or not you can find a good team, and how you feel about agility. Personally, I have full penance and I hate agility, so it's a no-brainer for me to use the horn. For someone who loves BA and doesn't have a problem training agility, it's definitely the most exp/h.

I'd advise you to max your roles and get full penance if you're going to seriously train agility (more than 1m exp).

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I'm so miserable right now because I need to train Agility FMing and Mining but I don't know whether or not it's worth charging the penance horn or not.

I don't actually hate the mini game that much it's just that finding a good team is so annoying especially because everybody is always logging out. I would do it, though, if it was really worth it - so I'd like to know once and for all whether it is.

http://forum.tip.it/forum/11-help-%26-advice/

If it makes you miserable thinking about efficiency, DON'T! Too often people put aside fun for the sake of efficiency. I tell people this all the time: If you don't like something in RS don't do it. There are 27 skills and hundreds of other things to do that finding something fun should not be hard.

You don't like finding teams? Then don't. Just go do those skills without the little bonus.

i could do ba with you, im lvl 5 healer and collector, and i could get my friend that is lvl 5 att

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

It really depends on two things: whether or not you can find a good team, and how you feel about agility. Personally, I have full penance and I hate agility, so it's a no-brainer for me to use the horn. For someone who loves BA and doesn't have a problem training agility, it's definitely the most exp/h.

I'd advise you to max your roles and get full penance if you're going to seriously train agility (more than 1m exp).

What does full penance have to do with the horn?

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

full horn+ upgraded horn= longer lasting till the horn is empty= longer time period of double xp for mining, fm, or agility

if someone sees you in full penance, they will invite you into their team without a second thought.

I don't do BA usually because the wait to get a team doesn't justify the bonus xp.

but if I had full penance, that would perhaps be a different story.

Naaxi.png

i could do ba with you, im lvl 5 healer and collector, and i could get my friend that is lvl 5 att

i am also up for such an event :)

im up for it to,but 2 things, my friend cant go cuase its almost 12am for him, and does the horn stack with sc tools?

It's much easier to find a pro team with full penance. In world 6, it takes maybe 10 seconds before I'm recruited by a team of pro players. That's why I recommend getting it (for long term agility training, anyway).

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

full horn+ upgraded horn= longer lasting till the horn is empty= longer time period of double xp for mining, fm, or agility

Yeah but I was talking about the penance armor, not about maxing a role, I do know that the master penance horn lasts longer but I was wondering if the armor had a bonus or something

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

im up for it to,but 2 things, my friend cant go cuase its almost 12am for him, and does the horn stack with sc tools?

only additively, not multiplcatively.

sc tool = 200% xp

ba horn = 200% xp

sc tool + ba horn = 300% xp

sc pickaxes suck anyways

Naaxi.png

only additively, not multiplcatively.

sc tool = 200% xp

ba horn = 200% xp

sc tool + ba horn = 300% xp

sc pickaxes suck anyways

well i got 14 picks, plan to use them cuase idk what else to use the tools on

@jesus, ya sry took me a second to see your meant armour

http://forum.tip.it/forum/11-help-%26-advice/

If it makes you miserable thinking about efficiency, DON'T! Too often people put aside fun for the sake of efficiency. I tell people this all the time: If you don't like something in RS don't do it. There are 27 skills and hundreds of other things to do that finding something fun should not be hard.

You don't like finding teams? Then don't. Just go do those skills without the little bonus.

What are the last two skills? o.O

Anyway the reason why the penance horn is so great is that it prevents you from doing those three boring skills.

-It is the most useful for agility because it's such a slow skill and one of the most boring to train.

-It's less useful for firemaking because the exp/hour already breaks 450k/h (scale it down based on your clicking abilities) so you won't be putting in many hours anyway

-It is the least useful for mining because you can get smithing and magic experience at almost the same rate by superheating gold while mining it. However, if you already have 99 smithing/magic that point is null.

I find BA more fun than agility and it does raise the hourly exp rate so I go for it. I know plenty of people who do those skills without it though, so definitely skip it if you've already tried a couple times to learn the ropes at BA.

2496 Completionist

Don't worry its not worth it other than to play the game if you like.

You'll spend far more time in BA than you will using your horn.

I would only use the horn on firemaking to save $$.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

hey, 2 of us volunteered to do ba with him,and i have another friend that is an attacker but wont be on 2morrow but if we got one more person after he chose his role hes good with, and we all know our roles pretty well, getting full horn could take (anyone how long it could take)possibly like an hour? 2hrs?

you actually spend less time in ba than you do using the horn if you are on even a half decent team

BA offers the best agility and pure mining xp available- over 100k an hour for both. I'd say that the firamaking one is the least useful, but i'm guessing that the charges last longer...?

In any case, training agility/mining/firemaking are some of the least enjoyable activities to do in runescape, so no doubt, in general, doing BA is much better. I don't think you really need full penance to find a good team- afterall, it'd be horribly inefficient to get it. I have no problem finding a team with best melee gear/rapier + lvl 5 attacker.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

ted, you want to get together with me, grimy bunyip and blake? i have lvl 5 coll and healer, probably kill try attacker, but all in all we need to choose our rolls

if someone sees you in full penance, they will invite you into their team without a second thought.

People still don't invite me automatically ("Pro" teams) I have full penance and the trident, however, I am level 86. Combat level plays a big role as well. (I'm also 5 Heal/Def and working on Attack, which is 4.)

Spaz4010.png

Getting maxed roles is also a huge factor in enjoying BA. Having a larger amount of abilities helps tremendously in the long run.

As for me personally, I already have 99 fm, mining is easy with LRC. Whenever I feel up to playing BA the agility boost I get is always worth it. I mean over 1200 xp a lap at gnome?

Eternis.png