Pregnant after 50?

Star_Fox

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mum gave birth to me at 42 (which I, and probably many others see as a little old). Anything older than 45 is a little weird for me.

My mom had me at 35. I remember when I was young and learned that mothers who give birth above that age had a high chance

of having kids diagnosed with down syndrome. I couldn't stop freaking out over it, and I kind of still am.

My mum gave birth to me at 42 (which I, and probably many others see as a little old). Anything older than 45 is a little weird for me.

My mom had me at 35. I remember when I was young and learned that mother who give birth above that age had a high chance

of having kids diagnosed with down syndrome. I couldn't stop freaking out over it, and I kind of still am.

I don't think I have downs, iirc :razz:

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

My mom had me at 35. I remember when I was young and learned that mother who give birth above that age had a high chance

My mom had me at 32. (I was the first child, so my sister was born when she was 37?)

Always found that a bit old tbh. Like if I ever plan on having children it'd be when me and my partner are around 25ish or somewhere like that.

j0xPu5R.png

I don't see any real harm in it. It's far better to have a 50 year old woman having a baby and putting her experience to good use than a 16 year old with no parenting experience at all. I mean, sure it's slightly weird to have such a huge age gap, but it's ultimately fairly harmless. Having a child at 70 sounds incredible though, I just worry that the parents won't live long enough to see their children grow up.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

My mom had my brother at 22 and me at 24. A 50+ year old woman giving birth is gonna have some trouble when the kid goes through adolescence. I can't imagine an almost 70 year old woman aruing with a 16+ teen.

16185_s.gif

What sickens me that there are people as young as 14/15 getting pregnant. People aren't mature at that age (though age isn't a measure of maturity in some cases). Being older gives you the experience.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I had a weird friend once whose parents where 60 and 50 when he was born. He's got mental issues and is pretty weird at times. It's kinda sad.

I disagree with it. At the age, it would be nearly impossible for them to naturally conceive, and even then, the child will be limited (Obviously a 50 year old will not be active as a 25-30 year old.) to what they can do with there parents.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I disagree with it. At the age, it would be nearly impossible for them to naturally conceive, and even then, the child will be limited (Obviously a 50 year old will not be active as a 25-30 year old.) to what they can do with there parents.

That. Sure, in heart a 50 or 60 year old would be potentially an as good parent, they would likely not have time due to job restrictions, and problems with being active. I could see that leading to a leass active lifestyle for the child.

lampost_sig_stark.png

I don't think it makes any difference how old the mother is so long as they give birth to a normal/healthy baby. Older women have higher risk of giving kids with defects. But, hey if you REALLY want another kid at 50...I say go for it. Whatever.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

My mom was 38 when she had me and it was the first year where they tested for down's syndrome of the fetus using karyotype analysis. So they forced my mum (well, me) to take the test and it turned out I was diagnosed with Down's. Thankfully the doctor (on a whim) decided to test me again and eventually concluded that I was perfectly fine. Thank god my mum didn't just go "lol wtv get rid of this one and let's hit the hay again" when I was in there.

When I was told this story I was 10 and thought for sure I was [developmentally delayed]ed. Good stuff :thumbup:

hiccup.png

Yea my mom gave birth to my sister when she was 43. Everyone was like "cut the tubes already!" but my mom prefers the all natural approach.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I do think it's kind of weird. It's also sad because it means that the parents will die much earlier in their child's life. I mean my parents weren't THAT old when they had me but my dad will be 70 when I'm in my early 20s and honestly that scares me. When considering that two of my grandparents died before they hit 80, it's frightening to me that my dad could die by the time I'm 30.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Heh, you people talking about how 35 is too old. I am 24 now and am only beginning to begin to think about kids as a serious proposition maybe one day in the far future. When you're mid twenties and know it will be years until you have a stable job and a home conducive to bringing up a child, then you won't think that 35 is too old any more. I can easily see how someone could get to 40, spending all of their time and energy on their career, and suddenly realise that perhaps it's time to have a kid.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

Statistically, after 40, the odds of problems with the baby rises exponentially if I recall correctly.

And I'm a polar opposite of some of you, my mom was 17 or something when I was born.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Statistically, after 40, the odds of problems with the baby rises exponentially if I recall correctly.

And I'm a polar opposite of some of you, my mom was 17 or something when I was born.

was she hot?

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Heh, you people talking about how 35 is too old. I am 24 now and am only beginning to begin to think about kids as a serious proposition maybe one day in the far future. When you're mid twenties and know it will be years until you have a stable job and a home conducive to bringing up a child, then you won't think that 35 is too old any more. I can easily see how someone could get to 40, spending all of their time and energy on their career, and suddenly realise that perhaps it's time to have a kid.

Yep, 23 and would rather buy land, build house, focus on a career myself. I think it's easier for teens to think "Oh shit, thats old". When I was 16 or so, I figured i'd be engaged now - but at 23, it's the last thing I want - really. but when you're out in the world after uni and not in school with peers your age every day, your perspective changes on "age" quite a bit, Personally I see 33-36 as an idea age to have a kid. Having a kid is a massive undertaking financially and in some cases is easily more expensive than land and a house, car and lots of other fun stuff.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln