OMG YOUR TOO OLD FOR RUNESCAPE

GlowinRedM

I know quite a few adults in-game, I don't see it as any anomaly.

It's probably just because all their friends are the same age they are, thus whenever they meet someone who is older, they flip out. It's the same reason why people who never saw a skillcape before flip out at the sight of one. It's something new to them.

And with the grammar, if you REALLY want to get picky, you could find a grammar or technical error in every sentence. There's no need to drag out any grammar debate to that point.

I like it when people capitalize sentences, put in commas and periods and spell with like 90%-99% accuracy. (Depends on if they have internet spellcheck, like me :P)

I'm not concerned about some of the finer grammar points, but things like capitalization, periods, commas make sentences much easier to read; you aslo need to mkae sure taht wodrs are splet well enough that people know what word your trying to use. (Those 5 spelling errors were purposeful; most, if not all of you will still understand the word - trying to point out that I'm not spelling, to a certain extent, doesn't matter.)

Er, anyhoo...

Back on topic. Many people in my clan are in my age group, in the 17-19 range and, like me, many are starting post-secondary. My clan leader is a 30 something year old woman (don't actually know her exact age.) But I do know my clan leaders MOTHER also plays RS. ("Wil u b my gf?" "I'm probably old enough to be your grandma.")

Some variation on that happened to her once, although it's just here-say now.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion with the censor? It should be removed completely.

Adding a censor to the game just adds on to the childishness of runescape.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

My opinion with the censor? It should be removed completely.

Adding a censor to the game just adds on to the childishness of runescape.

There's good reason for certain Url's to be censored. Complete removal of the censor would be silly, because it's so easy to advertise a malicious site which can harm a computer.

Common sense would tell you that you shouldn't just go on random sites.

I believe a lot of the kids would fall for it, but the game's meant for older players right?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

I believe a lot of the kids would fall for it, but the game's meant for older players right?

Well, most games are aimed towards the 12-16 year old players, and I think even Runescape is too. And I can even see some adults falling for it.

Well, most games are aimed towards the 12-16 year old players, and I think even Runescape is too. And I can even see some adults falling for it.

A lot of games have adult players in mind, runescape being the exception is aimed for 12 year olds, which a lot of us started when we were 12-13 and stuck around til were adult players

Runescape is not aimed for 12-year-olds.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

A lot of games have adult players in mind, runescape being the exception is aimed for 12 year olds, which a lot of us started when we were 12-13 and stuck around til were adult players

That's what they want us to think.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

My older brother actually asked me to play the game and check out how safe it was, because my Nephews were really into it at one point - he trusted my opinion on it, since I have been a gamer my whole life. I caught the bug, and was off to the races. 7 years later...nephews rarely play anymore(Xbox consumes their time), while I'm still plodding along.

I've taken breaks...tried other games...but always seem to return to RS. It's not easy walking away from something that you put so much time into. Of the clans I belonged to, 60%+ were older than 18.

So....CHEERS to all the old folks out there in RS land - you are not alone.

:shades:

I wouldn't really consider anybody to be old until you hit your mid 30s. Both are my parents are well into their 50s and they were the ones who introduced me to video games, believe it or not. My sister is 29 and we used to battle each other on fighting games like Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat to see who would win the competition out.

Now I have to admit, I do feel old from time to time. It's just sad that the things you grew up with and cherished so much are from years in the past. Now I see a whole new generation that hasn't been able to experience the same feelings I did. Runescape included.

bul[cabbage] its not. Until recently (or whenever MMG took over management) it was basically - for 12 year olds and proud -

Now they claim to support adult gamers but you can see the scars of the stronghold of security and player safety still visible

Those are great training areas though =D (for F2P at least)

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

bul[cabbage] its not. Until recently (or whenever MMG took over management) it was basically - for 12 year olds and proud -

Now they claim to support adult gamers but you can see the scars of the stronghold of security and player safety still visible

They already removed the security questions part in the stronghold of security, and I don't think you need to do a test thing anymore in player safety. You just get lamps now.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

They already removed the security questions part in the stronghold of security, and I don't think you need to do a test thing anymore in player safety. You just get lamps now.

You still have to do the security exam and answer the questions in the SoS if you're under 13 years old.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

You still have to do the security exam and answer the questions in the SoS if you're under 13 years old.

And those under 13 years old are in the minority, no? Most people fake age anyways, mostly because it makes them feel cooler.

But one thing people don't realize is that it's more efficient to fake age above 13. You don't get the security/safety questions anymore, AND you can communicate in activities + dungeoneering, places where constant chitchat is a must. Not to mention it makes a more effective gameplay since you don't have to just listen to quickchat anymore - conversation is far more free and broad!

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I'm going to go against the majority of the posts here, and say that, "Yes, I am too old for RuneScape."

This might be partly because of the way I played (I played a lot. Srsly, a lot.), but also because I saw RS from a different point of view. The simple things of skilling didn't interest me any longer, I had to have something to kill, something happening around me. I also felt as if I was distancing myself from the somewhat childish jokes that JaGeX endlessly incorporated into any aspect of the game that they could.

I'm 17 and quit this summer.

pendulumsig.png

138 Combat as of Summer 2010 - Retired Summer 2010

• 4 weeks later...

In real life I knew of some kids as young as 8 years old playing.

Usually they would see their older siblings playing and would join as well.

At that age they aren't ashamed of RS and tend to recruit their friends to play as well.

It shocked me at first when I saw this little kid controlling a char that was fighting in t'zahar especially because he had decent gear.

I did find it funny that their dad called the game "run" "escape".

I do think RS does crossover to a few different age groups though because if you just want to chat there is that feature or if you just want to skill or just fight.

At that age they aren't ashamed of RS and tend to recruit their friends to play as well.

It shocked me at first when I saw this little kid controlling a char that was fighting in t'zahar especially because he had decent gear.

I do think RS does crossover to a few different age groups though because if you just want to chat there is that feature or if you just want to skill or just fight.

Well, when i was 9 or 10 i was recruited into RS by one of my friends as well, its been a recurring thing since then (and even before) lol.

O.O

Well, when i was 9 or 10 i was recruited into RS by one of my friends as well, its been a recurring thing since then (and even before) lol.

yeh i found the game at 15 and didnt tell anyone - but even in hs thier was people that played it in comp lab...in college i only saw one person that played it....i was 138 with 14 99s they 105 with no 99s tho they were suprised a girl with 138 :) lol

StarViv.png

Fact: The first person to ever max F2P total(Syzygy) is 45 or 46 years old currently, has been a while since I spoke with him.

I don't think this game has any limitations regarding age.

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

That actually reminds me of a particular tifer. He started when he was 4 and he's still playing now lol.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I've been playing games since I was physically able to, which was around 4-years-old. I don't intend on stopping. Nope, I'll be owning in future MMORPG's when I'm 60. Games can appeal to all audiences, just as music and television do.

I started playing when I was like seven or so. I didn't even know what the hell was going on. I mined like 4k iron I think and smelted it all without any rings of forging, then smithed it. This took about a week, heh.

Played a lot this summer, stopped near the end. I don't know if I'm just taking a break or quitting. I went off for about two years before this summer and over the summer pretty much doubled everything I had. Made my first mil, did a ton of quests, probably quadrupled my money.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Age shouldn't matter to be honest.

Although being flamed by a 12-year-old for being 19 and playing is annoying, there are quite a number of mature teenagers and adults in the game.

This I do not understand.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]