OMG YOUR TOO OLD FOR RUNESCAPE

GlowinRedM

I'm 20. Perhaps we should start an Old Men and Women of Runescape Alliance. :thumbup:

This, I'm 19

"While our games are created with adult gamers in mind, we do appreciate that some younger players also enjoy them."

http://www.jagex.com/corporate/Parents_Guide/parents_guide.ws

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im 33 and i dont care who knows i play. Almost everyone my age has never even herd of runescape.

My cousin's almost 31 and he plays Runescape too. He introduced some of his friends to the game and they all play together lol. I'm 21 and I don't see any problems with older people playing. The leader of the clan I'm in is a mother of a guy who also plays rs (not sure how old he is but I'd judge late teens/early 20s) and she's really cool.

I've been playing since 2003, making it almost 8 years I've been playing now. I was 13/14 when I started, and I never criticised anyone for their age. I listened and learned, and probably matured faster due to being around older players so much. There is no excuse for the amount of rudeness that people encounter for simply stating their age, and it seems worst in either Catherby or f2p. Just because I like a game doesn't mean I like kids in *that* way thank you very much :rolleyes:

Ugh... This post is ranty but it drives me mad. Seriously, if they made Runescape 18+ (or even 16+) it'd be so awesome. It's rare to encounter a player in-game (not talking about forums here) who's younger than that who can string a basic sentence together.

Im 33 and i dont care who knows i play. Almost everyone my age has never even herd of runescape.

Ugh... This post is ranty but it drives me mad. Seriously, if they made Runescape 18+ (or even 16+) it'd be so awesome. It's rare to encounter a player in-game (not talking about forums here) who's younger than that who can string a basic sentence together.

I was about to flame you hard for that statement, but it's sadly true.

I believe people only type like that on Runescape, because face it, there's not really a lot of time for you to be chatting.

I fit into this category since I type 90 WPM but make lots of mistakes on the way. It would be better if I were accurate AND fast at the same time (I would pwn Typeracer).

What really shocks me though, are people who type 60 and below WPM and STILL make so many mistakes. I'm assuming most of the Runescape population are snail-paced typers, which pretty much explains what you keep on seeing all day.

@ K4ylan: I was about to as well. But then I decided it's not worth it. :P

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Interestingly enough, it's because of Runescape that I can type 80+ WPM. I started playing in 2001, and you had to type fast to talk to people (you still do, of course), so I did.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Interestingly enough, it's because of Runescape that I can type 80+ WPM. I started playing in 2001, and you had to type fast to talk to people (you still do, of course), so I did.

That's actually also one of the reasons I learned to type so fast. ;D It's really handy outside of rs as well.

I just wish the general Runescape population would follow suit...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Random guy: "Omg, you're 16 and play Runescape?!"

Me: "16 is not old and why does it matter?"

RG: "Runescape is little kids game."

Me: "And what exactly makes it a kids game?"

RG: "..."

Exactly how it goes. Every. Single. Time.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

I'm 18, and I'm certainly not too old for this game. I still suck at it.

I figure the main age demographic is 16-18 year old male casual players, although it can accommodate broadly above and below that age range. The thing is, it's probably people who are in that demographic that act as if they're 12 or younger. To be honest, I don't see what's wrong with playing it when you're 50, at least it means you aren't one of those stubborn people who refuse to enjoy the technology of the next generation.

Also, Runescape taught me to type quickly as well. It's like being in a foreign-speaking country and learning the language really fast out of necessity. Runescape is just a world where people communicate by trying to type at about 70+ WPM, so you learn how to do that naturally after a few months. It doesn't help when your cat falls asleep on the keyboard though.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

That's actually also one of the reasons I learned to type so fast. ;D It's really handy outside of rs as well.

I just wish the general Runescape population would follow suit...

Runescape is where I learned to type period. Lol. Been playing for 7 years, and I'm 20 now. I think that while the majority of the total population of RS is younger then me, after you get into the higher total levels, say 1900+, the age goes up. This is simply because anyone with 1900+ total has been playing the game for some time.

pere_grin.png

No its supposed to be the grammer fail 12-year old ;)

now i find it VERY hard to believe since you misspelled grammar...

I bet he's trollin anyway.

sorry i don't sit on forums all day to reply instantly; rarely post at all on this website anyways.

archsupportei2.png

Thisbenathan.png

Downfall since day 1.

No its supposed to be the grammer fail 12-year old ;)

now i find it VERY hard to believe since you misspelled grammar...

I bet he's trollin anyway.

sorry i don't sit on forums all day to reply instantly; rarely post at all on this website anyways.

:huh: I believe there's already a thread about grammar. I could pick your post apart, too, but that has nothing to do with this thread. He was obviously kidding. Calm down.

dgs5.jpg

I know at least 4 mothers in-game, one of which had a surprise birthday party arranged by her son (where she got 99 hp, he got untrimmed prayer). Seems to me all older people are DIYers as well :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Not everyone here is a depressed english major. Calm yourself

i'd just add to the suicide rate if i was an english major. while i do agree with the main purpose of this topic, i can't avoid attacks on 'your and you're's. much like there, their, and they'res.

archsupportei2.png

Thisbenathan.png

Downfall since day 1.

They're just being naïve. At least 75% of my friends list is now 18+ and I got several friends who are 30+ and even a friend who is turning 71 soon. I don't really make friends so well with people younger than say.. 16 or so nowadays. There are quite a few cases though of course.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

i'd just add to the suicide rate if i was an english major. while i do agree with the main purpose of this topic, i can't avoid attacks on 'your and you're's. much like there, their, and they'res.

Similarly, I can't stand when people disregard capitalization.

j6sjep.jpg

Just kidding. But seriously, take the grammar fascism elsewhere.

dgs5.jpg

Similarly, I can't stand when people disregard capitalization.

j6sjep.jpg

Just kidding. But seriously, take the grammar fascism elsewhere.

First part of what you said owned him.

Second part I agree with completely. If someone doesn't want to talk perfectly on a post, and it's not a guide or something official, don't nag them for it...

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

I know quite a few adults in-game, I don't see it as any anomaly.

It's probably just because all their friends are the same age they are, thus whenever they meet someone who is older, they flip out. It's the same reason why people who never saw a skillcape before flip out at the sight of one. It's something new to them.

And with the grammar, if you REALLY want to get picky, you could find a grammar or technical error in every sentence. There's no need to drag out any grammar debate to that point.

@ 19, I have no problem playing Runescape whatsoever. It's highly unlikely that a 8 year old can grind lvl 99 skills or

beat lvl 500+ monsters. I started playing at 13 and I always felt too young to play infact.