Tasks to Block

Sy_Accursed

Well I'm soon gonna get onto kuradel for slayer (finally)

So which of her tasks would you recommend blocking?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Depends a lot on how you slay and why you would block a monster... Too hard to kill or bad cash, the slayer xp is bad, the monster just is too boring ?

This is my current block list (i don't cannon and kinda wanna make cash while slaying)

* Kalphites : do i need to explain why

* Bloodvelds : started killing those back in the days with MSB and mith arrows at 50 slay all the way up to now... And yes the drops suck too

* Black Demons : Crimsons ? Hourey !!! i m sitting at 97 summon now... Could have 99 if i wanted.

* Hellhounds : no drops

* Living Rocks : Decent xp and drops if you mine them but well 1 task jus ttakes way toooooooooo looooooooooooooong.

I also allways skip Fire Giants, Suqahs with slayer points. Greaters sometimes if don't feel like doing the clue the task will give.

nasty_jenny.png

Or I could jsut post what I posted and get advice from both cannoners and non-cannoners with reason behind them and make a fully informed decision of what route appeals the more.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I personally skip or block these:

Iron and steel dragons until I get rapier

Kalphites

Living rock creatures

Terror Dogs

And I will probably start skipping fire giants, haven't so far though. Also I've only had one TzHaar task, dunno if I'll be doing them now that I have my cape. I've also done warped tortoises so far, but I might start skipping them, 50-50.

Most important advice: do NOT buy Aquanites!

edit: thought I'd add what tasks I recommend not to block:

Spectres

Abbies

Black Demons (unless you don't need charms)

Velds

Dagannoth

Hellhounds

Nechryael (unless you don't need charms)

Spiritual mages

Waterfiends (unless you don't need charms)

These are all great tasks. And I use a cannon, which you always should do.

I haven't had any skeletal wyvern or dark beast tasks so I wouldn't know about those.

Come dance.

Potkuassa.png

What Dax said.

Play the game and have fun. If you don't like a "good" slayer task, block or cancel it.

Most of the block list creatures will also depend on your willingness to use a cannon.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

Up until I got 90 herb I blocked Steel Drags, Living Rocks, Terror Dogs, Kalphites, and Hellhounds; recently with super antifires I decided to unblock Steel Drags and I'll block wyverns once I get another task of them. It all comes down to what tasks will make you stop slaying and do something else, and that all comes down to personal likes.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

It's kind of funny, every time one of these "what should I block" threads gets created it basically goes down the same way. One group of people say, "I block X, Y, and Z", and another group of people come out and reply, "Are you crazy?!?! X, Y and Z are amazing!"

I block a task basically because it annoys me. Living rock creatures, Wyverns, Dark Beasts, and Black demons are all really slow for me, waste prayer pots, have no really good drops, and don't drop clue scrolls. Kalphites are just too crowded.

So that's my list.

Try doing this.... Next time you go for a new task, there will be a split second between the time when you click "I need a new task" and when the window comes up telling you what your task is. If during that split second you find yourself thinking "Oh dear lord, I really, really, really hope I don't get task X", then task X is probably a good one to block

Based on your stats in your signature I would block the following & assuming you don't mind using a cannon.

Aberrant Spectres [Cannon]

Abyssal Demons(Not Avail yet)

Aquanites (Don't unlock)

Black Demons [Cannon]

Black Dragons

Bloodvelds [Cannon Mutated's]

Blue Dragons

Dagannoths [Cannon]

Dark Beasts (Not Avail yet)

Desert Strykewyrms (Not Avail yet)

Dust Devils

Fire Giants

Gargoyles

Greater Demons

Hellhounds [Cannon]

Ice Strykewyrm (Not avail yet)

Iron Dragons

Jungle Strykewyrms [bLOCK]

Kalphites [bLOCK] -

Living Rock Creatures [bLOCK]

Mithril Dragons

Nechryael(Not avail yet)

Skeletal Wyvern

Spiritual Mage

Steel Dragon

Suqah [Cannon]

Terror Dog

TzHaar

Warped Tortoises

Waterfiend

Green I would do, white up for interpretation

That leaves you with 2 additional blocks, with the addition of Korasi's this makes dragon tasks easier. Warped tort's are viable at the moment due to massive inflation of shells, but are worth blocking once they go back to normal. Also by doing the dragon tasks, they will generally pay for the cannonballs for the faster tasks. Two other things you have to take into account is charms & effigy drops.

With the addition of blocking you can cancel tasks - so the quick tasks, Mith Drags, Terror Dogs, Suqah's are unlocked due to quick points.

The ones I have autoblocked are for this reason.

Kalphite - mediocre xp when cannoning - hard to find an empty world to cannon in that's full enough (spawn rates)

Jungle Strykes - Poor xp, poor charms - mediocre cash - ANNOYING, don't know about you but I hate having to pop 'em out of the ground.

Living Rock - Good XP, Poor charms, Poor cash(Assuming you don't mine them as it takes too long). Very Long task (can get boring and disheartening)

Main reason is your block and cancel list will evolve as you level. The only one I would have perm blocked is Kalphite & maybe Jungle strykes (unless you enjoy poppin em outta the ground)

Hope this helps, if you need effigy/slayer xp/summoning xp rates check Zarfots mega slayer guide on RSOF.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

You should always block monsters you don't like (within reason). If you can't stand bloodvelds and getting them as a task makes you log off and stop slaying, then maybe you should block them.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

In addition to the 'block what you don't like' reply (which I support): it rather depends on whether you will be getting a rapier soon. If you do, don't block metals, but skip them (or do them).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Even without a rapier metals aren't a problem with leaf bladed sword or now even better korsari's sword.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Black demons, if cannoned, are THE fastest source of effigies in the game, outpacing tormented demons and frost dragons according to dunou's effigy drop log

(which is MASSIVE and the data size is like ~70 effigies from black demons and hundreds more from other monsters)

If you have any desire to get effigies, they're worth it.

I heard somewhere that certain tasks (monsters with slayer level requirements) tend to be assigned 2x more commonly than others.

So I tend to block those, and just cancel the rest.

Zarfot should have data on that somewhere on the RSOF, but I don't know the numbers off the top of my head.

Naaxi.png

Like others said before, its up to what you like and what you don't like.

I have blocked;

Kalphite

Black demons

Livin rock creatures

Waterfiends

Bloodvelds

Some people call me crazy, but those are the tasks I realy dont like to do.

- I'm not proud of everything I've done, but I have no regrets

15nu9u1.png

Block what you don't like.Have a go, and if you find any task you can't stand, kill it. That's what I did.

This. Everyone has different tastes.

what if there exists task A and task B

I dislike task A more than task B

but task B gets assigned more often than task A, and task A takes a very short time to complete.

then maybe I would actually want to block task B instead.

I mean it's nice advice, but it's kinda obvious and doesn't give the inquirer any new or interesting information or perspective.

Naaxi.png

Block what you don't like.Have a go, and if you find any task you can't stand, kill it. That's what I did.

This. Everyone has different tastes.

what if there exists task A and task B

I dislike task A more than task B

but task B gets assigned more often than task A, and task A takes a very short time to complete.

then maybe I would actually want to block task B instead.

I mean it's nice advice, but it's kinda obvious and doesn't give the inquirer any new or interesting information or perspective.

Maybe it's just me, but I typically procrastinate tasks I don't like. Kalphites are good xp and fast, but I usually keep pushing them back because of the lack of drops and waiting for spawns, so I keep them blocked. Although I do get your point.

Logic.png

IMO, there are a few parameters that are important:

Slay xp

Effigies

Charms

elite clues

drops

fun

Most of the slayer monsters are a trade of between those parameters, except for a few exceptions (ice wyrms top notch at EVERY parameter). So basically it all comes down to where you lie your priorities.

I used to like waterfiends for instance before I was 99 summoning, cause of the awesome charms. Since I've gotten 99 summoning, they've gotten less interesting for me, but I do them nonetheless because they are decent effigy droppers, and I still like to collect crimsons.

I block:

Aquanites - Annoying

Suqahs - No drops, low exp, boring creatures.

Black Demons - No drops besides Crimsons, strong and slow to finish task.

Kalphites - No good drops, annoying to get to, meh experience.

Still have a fifith one waiting. I don't mind Hellhounds because I like the clue, but if you don't want clues get rid of these guys asap.