SGS vs EE

TheAncient

Yea sure if sgs has max hit of 800 and hits all the time, it can be better than eee. Find me a pic of sgs hitting 800, oops it can't. And lol at needing healing at sara mages. Find me another case for me to disprove, if you can.

Like I said, it's not always about healing per spec; it's sometimes more important to look at how much inventory space you look at per spec.

this thread is 100% rationalization to justify why you continue to keep your overpriced and underpowered sword.

I don't even own an SGS

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyways, in my peculiar, abstract case, the SGS is a sara item and the SS is as well. Remove the SS/SGS for EEE and you have no saradomin item, causing lots or a few saradomin creatures to attack you, thus the net health change as a result of EEE is less then SGS.

If you need a Saradomin item to kill mages, you're doing it wrong (should be killing zammy mages)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Yea sure if sgs has max hit of 800 and hits all the time, it can be better than eee. Find me a pic of sgs hitting 800, oops it can't. And lol at needing healing at sara mages. Find me another case for me to disprove, if you can.

The EEE uses a full spec bar. SGS uses half, therefore an average hit of 401+ with SGS makes the SGS better for healing, on average. And it restores prayer; it still has it's uses, few as it may be. In fact, at Sara mages it WOULD be more useful if your praying to not take damage.

Or Zamorak mages for that matter.

Anyways, in my peculiar, abstract case, the SGS is a sara item and the SS is as well. Remove the SS/SGS for EEE and you have no saradomin item, causing lots or a few saradomin creatures to attack you, thus the net health change as a result of EEE is less then SGS.

If you need a Saradomin item to kill mages, you're doing it wrong (should be killing zammy mages)

I find that offensive and arrogant. If someone chooses to kill Sara mages, why not? Why is one "right" and one "wrong"? A person can bloody well kill whatever they can kill in RS.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

The EEE uses a full spec bar. SGS uses half, therefore an average hit of 401+ with SGS makes the SGS better for healing, on average. And it restores prayer; it still has it's uses, few as it may be. In fact, at Sara mages it WOULD be more useful if your praying to not take damage.

I find that offensive and arrogant. If someone chooses to kill Sara mages, why not? Why is one "right" and one "wrong"? A person can bloody well kill whatever they can kill in RS.

Sure, but the most efficient way is the "right" way, any other way is either the ill informed, stubborn, or "fun" way.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Sure, but the most efficient way is the "right" way, any other way is either the ill informed, stubborn, or "fun" way.

As long as you include fun in there, I'm ok with it. I don't mind people saying players aren't being efficient, but I find it arrogant when people just say "your doing it wrong,"

Although, unless I use wilde pies, I can't find spiritual mages at all lol.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

weren't you just telling everyone that SGS with the correct choice over EE? a person can bloody well use whatever spec weapon they want in RS.

we are talking, objectively, about which is superior. neither fun nor psychological soundness because you have rationalized a bad choice fit in the realm of objective discussion of which is better.

For the record, 100% accuracy could mean that your guaranteed to HIT; on the other hand it does not mean you will hit HIGH.

obvious, but thanks for pointing it out i guess

Just realized something...

Magic longbow sighted spec also has 100% accuracy, and its spec bar only costs 35%. You can almost do 4 of these specs in a row with spec restore (if you get a leech spec in between hits, you can do 4); normally you can do 3. It has 6-speed.

Alternatively, you can combo with KS and then MLB(S) for 2 hits with 100% acc.

Does this seem at all useful?

The problem with that is that the absolute max hit with zamorak arrows in safe pvp is around 400, which is far too low for any KO potential, however it could be useful in terms of being able to spec with full melee armor and not worry about accuracy, though the spec has no help in terms of increasing average damage.

The people in my 2nd quote appear to have forgotten that fact bladewing.

EDIT: And here is pretty damned definite proof that the MLB always hits.

mlbevidence2.th.jpg

mlbevidence1.th.jpg

If I can hit on the KQ, WITH RANGE PRO, wearing veracs and wielding the MLB, that to me is conclusive evidence that you always hit with MLB.

What's that in bold? or did you choose to not read that?

In any case, 100% accuracy can't be proved by such petty tests- your assumption that KQ's first form has ridiculous range defense is actually very much incorrect- people used to kill KQ with range only before she got that ridiculous range attack. If it's an accuracy test, you can't arrive at any conclusions before hundreds of hits, thus why it's so hard to prove such a thing, but i'm fairly sure jagex themselves mentioned the 100% accuracy when the special attacks came out.

Sorry

It's more efficient to kill Zammy mages. You're doing it wrong is just the troll way of saying that :P

Sorry, it's more efficient not to kill spiritual mages at all, thus you are doing something wrong when you are killing them.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

For the record, 100% accuracy could mean that your guaranteed to HIT; on the other hand it does not mean you will hit HIGH.

obvious, but thanks for pointing it out i guess

Just realized something...

Magic longbow sighted spec also has 100% accuracy, and its spec bar only costs 35%. You can almost do 4 of these specs in a row with spec restore (if you get a leech spec in between hits, you can do 4); normally you can do 3. It has 6-speed.

Alternatively, you can combo with KS and then MLB(S) for 2 hits with 100% acc.

Does this seem at all useful?

The problem with that is that the absolute max hit with zamorak arrows in safe pvp is around 400, which is far too low for any KO potential, however it could be useful in terms of being able to spec with full melee armor and not worry about accuracy, though the spec has no help in terms of increasing average damage.

The people in my 2nd quote appear to have forgotten that fact bladewing.

EDIT: And here is pretty damned definite proof that the MLB always hits.

mlbevidence2.th.jpg

mlbevidence1.th.jpg

If I can hit on the KQ, WITH RANGE PRO, wearing veracs and wielding the MLB, that to me is conclusive evidence that you always hit with MLB.

What's that in bold? or did you choose to not read that?

In any case, 100% accuracy can't be proved by such petty tests- your assumption that KQ's first form has ridiculous range defense is actually very much incorrect- people used to kill KQ with range only before she got that ridiculous range attack. If it's an accuracy test, you can't arrive at any conclusions before hundreds of hits, thus why it's so hard to prove such a thing, but i'm fairly sure jagex themselves mentioned the 100% accuracy when the special attacks came out.

Sorry

It's more efficient to kill Zammy mages. You're doing it wrong is just the troll way of saying that :P

Sorry, it's more efficient not to kill spiritual mages at all, thus you are doing something wrong when you are killing them.

Lol. Except that Spiritual Mages was just a random example I brought up where the SGS could be useful. Never actually tried it; sold my SGS a couple weeks back, never owned an SS which was part of my example, and most importantly I can't actually kill them o_O At least not without Wild Pies. Which is certainly not efficient! XD

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

spirit mages are actually one of kuradal's worst tasks and a very good candidate for skipping.

before someone shouts at me, they are terrible xp, around 32k xp/h at MAX speed, including steel titan. also you can only expect to make about 2m/h on them, so they really are pretty pathetic. also no charms.

spirit mages are actually one of kuradal's worst tasks and a very good candidate for skipping.

before someone shouts at me, they are terrible xp, around 32k xp/h at MAX speed, including steel titan. also you can only expect to make about 2m/h on them, so they really are pretty pathetic. also no charms.

+1

It's one of those tasks you do only if you enjoy them (which I personally do)

When I was talking about zammy mages being efficient though, I was talking about spirit mages as the subject, not everything else along with it.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

This thread has become a spiral of spam. To clear up the points made by others

"EEE isn't free, because it would cost far more to get 92 herblore, than to buy a SGS"

"SGS is cool cause it's a god item"

"SGS sucks, because of the low DPS"

"MLB spec is 100% accuracy 'cause it can hit on KQ with ranged prayer on"

"You should use SGS because it can potentially max 800 and heal more than EEE"

Most of the points made are wrong. 92 herblore already gets Overloads with stews, the EEE itself is the byproduct. If you need any god items, you can use a God bird or a God arrow. I agree with the SGS sucks statement, because it does actually have low DPS. I can't comment about the MLB spec, because it's very hard to prove anything is 100% accuracy, because all it takes is a single 0 to disprove it. The SGS healing statement is simply quite stupid, because it can potentially hit two zeros, it takes 3 rounds of combat (against using EEE and rapier), and the prayer restore is insignificant.

My opinion? Use EEE or Dclaws. Otherwise you're doing it wrong.