18-Oct-2010 - Partying is Such Sweet Sorrow (Halloween 2010)

Michael

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New sounds are surprisingly good, community needs to stop being immature about the female sounds. (Most MMO's females sound exactly like this, it's not like a grunt of pain can sound any different).

Cows were an amazing improvement from the awful synthesized sound effects they used to have. It's going to be great when all of the sound effects get converted... now if only music was higher quality.

Agree about the immaturity, but I still don't like the sounds. I'll get used to them though.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Guide for the Spiders:

[hide]

Orange, Turquoise, Green, Pink, Purple, Pink, Red[/hide]

Guide for the Wolves:

[hide]

Evil leaves, Vial of blood, Vial of fear, Grinded bones. [/hide]

Guide for Zabeth:

[hide]

Hello, enjoying the party?

So, what do people call you?

Sheesh, you're an idiot.

Sorry, how about I make it up to you with another drink?

Exactly how drunk are you?

A vampire and werewolf walk into a bar

Do you know Grim?

Can i get an autograph for Grim?[/hide]

Popoto.~<3

"Can I have one million xp?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.

Forgot to screenie though :(

Anyways this year's event was quite fun, although moving those spiders around were kinda annoying.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Some random facts : The Ravens are named after Edgar Allan Poe. Seems Poe is missing.

When you open the music track during the party ,it will state "Black Zabeth LIVE!"

If you have Eek ,he will offer some random dialogues.

Oh yeah ,i thought i had enough puzzles at dungeoneering ,but the Spiders proved me otherwise.

Or maybe i'ts just the Clock that countdowns the time for your death?

Considering all of the other references to metal bands, I'd say it's probably another reference.

It was there last year too.

namnlskopia.jpg

Why do people leap to obscure references?

eg every rose has its throns is a straight quote of a realllly old saying (think it might of been greeks?) not some obscure reference to a metal band who used it as a lyric.

And "Death Clock" is again a reallly old and well known image of the clock (often shown as an hour glass) pertaining to everyones life that slowly ticks down to your death.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

eg every rose has its throns is a straight quote of a realllly old saying (think it might of been greeks?) not some obscure reference to a metal band who used it as a lyric.

And "Death Clock" is again a reallly old and well known image of the clock (often shown as an hour glass) pertaining to everyones life that slowly ticks down to your death.

Considering the other references to metal bands, it's not really far-fetched to connect 'every rose' to Poison and a death clock to Dethklok. :shades:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Some random facts : The Ravens are named after Edgar Allan Poe. Seems Poe is missing.

When you open the music track during the party ,it will state "Black Zabeth LIVE!"

Oh yeah ,i thought i had enough puzzles at dungeoneering ,but the Spiders proved me otherwise.

Examine the ravens.

I agree, people hear black cat so automatically think black cat.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Pretty sure "Every rose has its thorn" is a stealthy reference to Bill & Ted.

More specifically, this scene:

The giveaway is when he says it was not an Excellent Adventure.

They recite the chorus of Every Rose Has Its Thorn by Poison. ;)

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Examine the ravens.

That was honestly the funniest part of this event.

a70c7.png