Behind The Scenes November

Grimy_Bunyip

I don't know about anyone else but the new Hunter/Herblore/Farming update sounds like it's going to be very similar to the Tai Bwo Wannai clean up that was released years ago, if so, I will love it. The way it's described in the BTS doesn't sound like a D&D, and don't they usually advertise an update as a D&D straight off the bat? Either way, it sounds promising.

Like a lot of people here, I won't be high enouigh to even do the first Warped floor, but I look forward to the new rewards and puzzle rooms available to everyone.

Also, if a quest isn't a GMQ it doesn't automatically make it low level content, look at Blood Runs Deep for example. Besides, Monkey Madness is bound to be a req for the quest so the reward should be as good as if not better than Dscim was all those years ago.

Sylpheed.png

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

psst no game update this tuesday:

16-17-226-61857151

page 5

"w00tt emilee confirmed its today

i post qfc :)"

Err, no I didn't!

For the record, the game update will not be launched today.

:(

Still possible that it will be on a nother day this week (it's happened before!)

*prays*

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

16-17-226-61857151

page 5

Err, no I didn't!

That was posted on 02-Nov-2010 11:11:47.

Hmm...

Mod Emilee

Jagex Mod

02-Nov-2010 14:41:33

Your orb deceives you!

The update is looking good to launch today!

16-17-618-61857586 last post.

To anyone that cares: DON'T hold your breath. You'll just suffocate. I bet the update is coming out friday as the soonest(as they'll discover minor things they need to tweak).

I was wrong <_<

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Mod Emilee

Jagex Mod

02-Nov-2010 15:27:54

Last edited on 02-Nov-2010 15:28:32 by Mod Emilee

Woah there!

Yes, the plan is to release it today.

As there's already loads on threads on this topic, I'll this up.

16-17-226-61857151

page 5

Err, no I didn't!

That was posted on 02-Nov-2010 11:11:47.

Hmm...

Mod Emilee

Jagex Mod

02-Nov-2010 14:41:33

Your orb deceives you!

The update is looking good to launch today!

16-17-618-61857586 last post.

I am facepalming so hard right now

But in a good way.

Naaxi.png

In all honesty, I see this kind of complaint very often. How can you complain when you have all those bosses, all those minigames + high level gear, all those good moneymaking methods, time to skill, SLAYER (don't you guys just love this skill so much that you'd bend over for it? At least that's how I'm interpreting it.), PvP, etc. etc. Enough whining buddy, and go do the warped floors that come out tomorrow. :thumbup:

We haven't had a new boss since TDs, and before that corp. There are no high level minigames. High level gear hasn't been updated since the release of dungeoneering. I'm 99 slayer. I don't PvP.

Meanwhile low levels have like 200 quests they can do within a few month's worth of training, all kinds of stuff to unlock, plus all the training they need to do to reach high level content. It's not as if low levels will ever run out of stuff to do before becoming relatively high level. You're acting under the supposition that the game consists of two types of people- low and high levels. There's only one kind of person playing, their level depends on how long they've been playing. High level content benefits every single person by giving them a goal. Low level content is trash for high levels.

Corp is still the hardest boss outside Daemonheim, no? And he drops Elys/Divines which are worth hundreds of millions; All minigames (especially combat related ones, namely SC, Cwars) are high leveled, since they dominate the game, low levels in castle wars stand no chance; the release of Dungeoneering wasn't that long ago, it's only been several months; You're 99 slayer, yes, but judging from the attitudes on these boards, most of you high levels will train slayer past 99 because it's just THAT AWESOME :rolleyes: ; and if you don't PvP, that's no one's fault but your own.

Also, elite players are a minority, Jagex has to cater to the majority of mid level players so they can enjoy the game. They can't do stuff like GWD (because elite players will crash them for efficiency :rolleyes: ), they can't play effictively in minigames since high levels dominate, they can't Dungeoneer efficiently, etc. Thus, Jagex wants them to have stuff to do so they keep playing and eventually get to a higher level. Also, most updates lately haven't been especially geared towards low-mid players, I took a look at the first page in the news archive for game updates and here's what I found (most recent first) Archive:

Warped floors - pretty elite I would say

Halloween event - for everyone

New combat sounds - for everyone

Make-x + Sling/wind rush - minor update for brand new players

Charm sprite - mid level

Void Stares Back - high level

Gunnar's Ground - low level

Z-buffering - for everyone

Elite diaries - for elite high levels

Bonus XP - for everyone, but the higher level you are, the more you get out of it

Court Cases - for those who like to role-play

Conquest - for everyone

Cryptic Clue fest - i don't know what this is

Occult floors - high level

A Void Dance - lead up to Void Stares Back

Elite Treasure trails - high to elite levels

Reward Dungeons - low to high level.

How can you honestly say they give high levels less content that lower leveled players? If you say minigames/events don't count, that's just your opinion, there are plenty of elite high level players who enjoy these updates.

Staurolite.png

Void quests are not high-level, FYI.

Good job, you took a tiny chunk of updates and picked out a couple high-level ones. Now go through the KB and find every update ever, then compare the amount of high-level content to non-high-level content. You'll be amazed at just how much stuff you have to do in comparison to us.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

High levels subjective, id say a quest with a 100+ combat reccomendation, a hard boss fight and requirements in the 70's+ as pretty high level to me.

You'll be amazed at just how much stuff you have to do in comparison to us.

Whut? High levels can enjoy mid level content, and in all combat related activities, dominate it with ease, (EG, FOG, castle wars, pvp and the like).

O.O

High levels subjective, id say a quest with a 100+ combat reccomendation, a hard boss fight and requirements in the 70's+ as pretty high level to me.

You'll be amazed at just how much stuff you have to do in comparison to us.

Whut? High levels can enjoy mid level content, and in all combat related activities, dominate it with ease, (EG, FOG, castle wars, pvp and the like).

High-level is not subjective in the slightest. When I say high-level content, I mean content created specifically for high-level players (warped floors, elite diaries, etc.).

I really hope we're not about to argue about this. :rolleyes: What is it with mid-level players being selfish and demanding that all content be available to them?

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

High-level is not subjective in the slightest. When I say high-level content, I mean content created specifically for high-level players (warped floors, elite diaries, etc.).

High level is subjective, whats high for some people is low for others. I consider anyone with multiple stats in the 80's as pretty darn high, though for you thats probably the definition of noob.

I really hope we're not about to argue about this. :rolleyes: What is it with mid-level players being selfish and demanding that all content be available to them?

Just because content is avaliable to us doesn't mean that high levels enjoy it any less. I think you need to reacquaint yourself with the definition of selfish, as it's the high levels which are demanding the exclusive content.

Infact, if anything, they enjoy it more. Soul wars for example was technically content for everyone, but high levels enjoy it more because they can come in with there ancient magics, spirit shields and other insane tank armor while ripping everyone else apart. Same with any other PVP related update including PVP worlds themselves (esp if you pk in high level wildy).

O.O

High level is subjective, whats high for some people is low for others. I consider anyone with multiple stats in the 80's as pretty darn high, though for you thats probably the definition of noob.

what is not subjective is whether the content was designed for high leveled players or low.

Just because content is avaliable to us doesn't mean that high levels enjoy it any less. I think you need to reacquaint yourself with the definition of selfish, as it's the high levels which are demanding the exclusive content.

i don't enjoy making frog leather ranged armor. there is content which high levels do not enjoy.

what is not subjective is whether the content was designed for high leveled players or low.

Well, jagex has labeled it a grandmaster quest, and they've always said those were for the most elite of players.

i don't enjoy making frog leather ranged armor. there is content which high levels do not enjoy.

Making frog leather armor is technically the same experience as making black d'hide armor, as for enjoying it i think that falls under content that no one enjoys... Unless you DIY it, which i've always found reasonably satistfying.

Plus, and i don't enjoy getting dominated in castle wars by maxed level tanks, or turmoil claw rushed in FOG in which the round literally ends in 30 seconds, but you don't see me complaining. (or didnt)

O.O

Infact, if anything, they enjoy it more. Soul wars for example was technically content for everyone, but high levels enjoy it more because they can come in with there ancient magics, spirit shields and other insane tank armor while ripping everyone else apart. Same with any other PVP related update including PVP worlds themselves (esp if you pk in high level wildy).

But it does mean that it'll end up being either worthless to us or grossly overpowered for its level. If they bring out another KBD-level "boss", it'll suck for high levels specifically because any noob can go kill it and get its drops. Exclusive content is nice because it allows there to be some limiting factor on how many people can milk it and thus how much people are willing to pay for whatever it produces. A good example is frost dragons- if anyone could walk in there it would have been an idiotic update basically amounting to making prayer training easier by releasing a new green dragons. As it is, it's a good incentive to train a skill so you can get an exclusive benefit.

Skills in this game NEED high level benefits. We already have stupid low level quests up to like 70 in most skills, but after that it's just a pointless, thankless grind all the way to 99, which is depressing when you're out of other content to work for. Skills need more high level content that makes people want to train (see: herblore and prayer), and high levels need some more interesting bosses to kill more than once every few years. Gets pretty old killing the same old boss over and over and over.

What we DON'T need is MORE low requirement crap reward quests, MORE pointless minigames that give combat exp or aesthetic garbage, MORE cute little things like court cases with no purpose... There are just too many broken game aspects, particularly at the ignored high end, for them to be focusing on the kind of content they tend to produce.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Sir_Kurity, there is a huge amount of low-content in comparison to high-level content. Id say its pretty deniable.

Correction, all level content.

I love how you just ignore the fact that the majority of fun content encompasses all levels, and high levels often get to enjoy new content better than low levels due simply because of the nature of the content.

High-level is not subjective.

Yea it is, perfect example below.

In all honesty, I see this kind of complaint very often. How can you complain when you have all those bosses, all those minigames + high level gear, all those good moneymaking methods, time to skill, SLAYER (don't you guys just love this skill so much that you'd bend over for it? At least that's how I'm interpreting it.), PvP, etc. etc. Enough whining buddy, and go do the warped floors that come out tomorrow. :thumbup:

EDIT: I'll never understand why low-level players are so selfish. :rolleyes:

See, i personally can't believe you classed someone with 93 million XP as a low level. At a 60k XP/HR average XP rate (which is pretty dam efficient even by your standards), thats at least 1500 hours of gameplay, which is anything but low...

Pretty dam subjective it seems.

O.O

Since you keep calling high level subjective, let's unsubjectify it.

A pretty overwhelmingly fair definition of high level, in my opinion, is over half-way to 99 in a skill: which is 92. For the purposes of this discussion, at level 92, high level content for a skill starts. Reasonable?

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Since you keep calling high level subjective, let's unsubjectify it.

A pretty overwhelmingly fair definition of high level, in my opinion, is over half-way to 99 in a skill: which is 92. For the purposes of this discussion, at level 92, high level content for a skill starts. Reasonable?

Considering 92 in a skill takes anywhere from 60-120+ hours of grind dependant on skill. (According to various sources, this a bit less than how long it takes to max level a WoW character), id say thats pretty dam more than high, especially because this is a SINGLE skill.

O.O

I'm suggesting we cut the exp required to get 99 in a skill in HALF and call the ENTIRE UPPER HALF "high level," and you're saying that's not defining enough of the process as high level?

Ridiculous. This is the main problem with selfish low levels- they don't understand just how much TIME goes into getting from the content they consider "high" (like 80) to maxing out at 99. The real high level stuff starts around 95 to be perfectly honest.

The way the game works now, you spend over half of most skills training to 99 without getting a single new useful ability. That needs to change a lot more than you need a new half hour quest that you can do with 60 stats.

Fun fact. To get the requirements for void stares back (which you insist on calling a low level quest), takes over 7 million XP, at say 60k XP an hour thats 125 hours, about the time it takes to max a WoW character.

I consider a character high dependant on how much gametime it would take to get to that point, and 125 hours is pretty high for a single quest. One does not have to be maxed or near maxed to be a high level.

The way the game works now, you spend over half of most skills training to 99 without getting a single new useful ability. That needs to change a lot more than you need a new half hour quest that you can do with 60 stats.

Id say thats a failing in the way the skills are designed.

O.O

Fun fact. To get the requirements for void stares back (which you insist on calling a low level quest), takes over 7 million XP, at say 60k XP an hour thats 125 hours, about the time it takes to max a WoW character.

I consider a character high dependant on how much gametime it would take to get to that point, and 125 hours is pretty high for a single quest. One does not have to be maxed or near maxed to be a high level.

Why are you comparing the game to WoW?

And 125 hours of game time is not really a whole lot considering you'll never have to get those requirements again- once you get all the quest requirements you're out of stuff to do permanently. At 2 hours a day that's a few months. A player a few months old is a complete noob.

Id say thats a failing in the way the skills are designed.

I AGREE, how about supporting the idea of Jagex FIXING IT?