Behind The Scenes November

Grimy_Bunyip

its funny all the ranters saying "only a few hundred players can acess these floors"

all the low lvls can shut it, theyve had their fair share of content recently

last month all the low lvls got that void quest for them, now its time for a high lvl update

A quest for which a combat level of 100+ is recommended was the best example of a recent low level update you could find?

The void quests require both a low combat level and low non-combat stats. It's a low-level update.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its funny all the ranters saying "only a few hundred players can acess these floors"

last month all the low lvls got that void quest for them, now its time for a high lvl update

A quest for which a combat level of 100+ is recommended was the best example of a recent low level update you could find?

definately, seing as it was the most recent low lvl update

yea ur right there are 1000s of low lvl updates but this was most recent

a_final_name.png

The point I'm illustrating is that 'low' is relative. If you're got 8 hours to spend a day on RuneScape level 80 mage probably isn't low. If you've only got an hour at most, well it's a different story.

Telling people to 'shut it' based on such subjective criteria seems a tad rude, really.

Actually, I haven't seen very much of that at all, even in the RSOF. It's pretty much one or two guys. And nobody seems to be agreeing with them.

Looks like an awesome month ahead. I'll grab members again once they release the quest. I don't mind letting my account mellow on two unfinished ones, especially being GMs, but three will be intolerable. I'm going to be keeping an eye out for footage of F60.

Funnily enough, at the time of posting, only 38 people IN THE ENTIRE BLOODY WORLD would be able to even attempt it. Would this go into the record books for the piece of content that can be accessed by the fewest people on release ever?

EDIT: Bonus points if it can only be done with a 5 man team.

*Walks away muttering* 38... Tsk...

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Great balance of stuff this month.

Low level quest (but rewards could be good - never know when they're not stated in BTS)

Mid level minigame (great trio of skills to pick, fewer players have that trio than most other sets and herblore needed another free training method)

High level dungeoneering update

Great bugfixes for everyone

2496 Completionist

The void quests require both a low combat level and low non-combat stats. It's a low-level update.

No, that's medium-level at the lowest.

I can concede to that.

dgs5.jpg

If that's medium level (which is a reasonable categorization, sure), then low level updates never, ever need to happen. Leveling is so quick before that point, and there's so much existing content catering to that level group already, that anyone would be mid level by the time they finish it all. Mid level has a ton of content too, high level is the only level group that legitimately has very few things to do.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

New floors look amazing. Sadly, I don't give a carp about them, because I'm nowhere near the dungeoneering level for them, and after this update, it's going to be even harder to find a team. Maybe I'll just dungeon with buddies whenever they're on. :mellow:

The herb/hunt/farm update looks good, although I will be annoyed if it's just another D&D. While D&Ds are good, I'd prefer content that's more... repeatable. Even without a decent reward.

Monkey quest: I hope it's funny. Otherwise... :mellow: Meh. A quest.

Bank update: HALLE-FRICKIN'-LUJAH. I don't care if it's only minor, ANY update to the bank mechanics will probably be in a good direction.

a70c7.png

If that's medium level (which is a reasonable categorization, sure), then low level updates never, ever need to happen. Leveling is so quick before that point, and there's so much existing content catering to that level group already, that anyone would be mid level by the time they finish it all. Mid level has a ton of content too, high level is the only level group that legitimately has very few things to do.

The purpose of really low-level content is to get new players interested in the game. Runescape needs to continually attract new players in order to stay alive in the long-term. Good low-level catches the interest of those newbies and entices them to stick with Runescape. It's something that probably isn't important to you as a player, but is very important to Jagex as custodians of the game. You only get to make one first impression, and first impressions are a big deal when it comes to acquiring new customers. So if the current content isn't making the best first impression that it could, then yeah, an update is definitely warranted.

The sling is a great example here. When you were a new player, when did you start training ranged? It deals less damage than melee and requires gear and ammunition that are annoying to obtain, so most players (rightfully) don't even touch the skill for a long time--why bother? Magic has similar problems. The Blood Pact quest changed that paradigm by introducing those players to all three combat styles and giving them a healthy supply of ammunition to start off, and now with slings and wind rush, hopefully things will feel a lot more balanced for new players in the future. There's still some work to do, but it's a lot better than it was.

The changes to Restless Ghost and the other quests are similarly geared towards improving that vital first impression. If the quests you do as a low-level player are all crap, why would you bother to keep questing? But high-quality quests early on can help build interest in the story that carries on through the rest of the player's Runescape career.

Look epic, even if I can't get anywhere near Warped floors.

I love quests, and monkeys are welcome for sure.

And Herblore, Hunter and Farming? All together? Do want, always skills that I want increased.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

In all honesty, I see this kind of complaint very often. How can you complain when you have all those bosses, all those minigames + high level gear, all those good moneymaking methods, time to skill, SLAYER (don't you guys just love this skill so much that you'd bend over for it? At least that's how I'm interpreting it.), PvP, etc. etc. Enough whining buddy, and go do the warped floors that come out tomorrow. :thumbup:

Staurolite.png

In all honesty, I see this kind of complaint very often. How can you complain when you have all those bosses, all those minigames + high level gear, all those good moneymaking methods, time to skill, SLAYER (don't you guys just love this skill so much that you'd bend over for it? At least that's how I'm interpreting it.), PvP, etc. etc. Enough whining buddy, and go do the warped floors that come out tomorrow. :thumbup:

The only boss we have that's even remotely challenging is the Corporeal Beast. All you have to do is compare the sheer amount of low/medium-level content to high-level content to see how utterly unbalanced it is. I don't think elite players are asking for there to be just as much content for them, but there needs to be some attempt by Jagex to acknowledge us. I'm happy that Dungeoneering is finally going to have truly epic content for high-level players, but it's still not enough.

Most of what you listed is available to all players equally.

EDIT: I'll never understand why low-level players are so selfish. :rolleyes:

dgs5.jpg

We haven't had a new boss since TDs, and before that corp. There are no high level minigames. High level gear hasn't been updated since the release of dungeoneering. I'm 99 slayer. I don't PvP.

Meanwhile low levels have like 200 quests they can do within a few month's worth of training, all kinds of stuff to unlock, plus all the training they need to do to reach high level content. It's not as if low levels will ever run out of stuff to do before becoming relatively high level. You're acting under the supposition that the game consists of two types of people- low and high levels. There's only one kind of person playing, their level depends on how long they've been playing. High level content benefits every single person by giving them a goal. Low level content is trash for high levels.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

yah but many others can access just 1 warped floor and warped floors will help people get to lvl 119 for f60 so 38 now will be 100ish soon :)

we need some endgame challenging content like warped :)

I WANT IT NOW OMG !!@@

StarViv.png

yah but many others can access just 1 warped floor and warped floors will help people get to lvl 119 for f60 so 38 now will be 100ish soon :)

we need some endgame challenging content like warped :)

I WANT IT NOW OMG !!@@

Is it truly considered endgame since once you get to a certain level, you'll gain nothing more from it? I thought endgame was supposed to give you a challenge once you reached that pinnacle, in which case this wouldn't qualify once you 1) get the levels 2) learn the techniques 3) obtain the items you want, be it skillcape or reward item?

hzvjpwS.gif

So Kal'ger will be the final boss? I was hoping for Bilrach, but then again, only way to kill a mahjarrat is through that ritual.

I will probably never access warped floors, but this month seems very awesome indeed.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Funnily enough, at the time of posting, only 38 people IN THE ENTIRE BLOODY WORLD would be able to even attempt it. Would this go into the record books for the piece of content that can be accessed by the fewest people on release ever?

You'll have to unlock F60 by doing all the other released floors which should get a good few more people enough xp to access F60

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

You'll have to unlock F60 by doing all the other released floors which should get a good few more people enough xp to access F60

Furthermore, does it even matter? It's not like there will be 38 people still able to use it in a month, let alone a year. Think of this just as 'long term planning'.

hzvjpwS.gif

A Masters quest - tieing Mahjarat questline - Monkey questline (Desert treasure aswell?) and others together - The Void Stares back was a masters quest in disguise, this sounds like a Grandmaster quest in disguise

- And, i can imagine the rewards will be epic!

lol what?

BTS says quest tying desert stories and lore together. Desert lore does not mean mahjaratt.

Also LOL at contradicting yourself. Desert treasure is a quest all about Azzandra the mahjaratt, so why note it seperate from "mahjaratt quest line"

The rest sounds good. I fear ppl may be over hyping the neckalce though, it clearly says when BURYING bones. Bonecrusher crushers bones in exchange fro pray xp it does not bury them

Lol what what?

the BTS says: "The Pharaoh Queen, Senliten, has much to catch up on after being cut off from the land of the living, and may have some insights into what is going on with the plagues, sandstorms and various schemes of the Devourer."

Was i the only one that ervived her during the Mahjarat questline?? maybe you revived her doing cooks assistant? :shock:

As for desert treasure beeing a part of the Mahjarat questline.. it isnt. Desert treasure is simply a requirenment - just like it is a requirenment to fight the cul(something)mancer in Recipe for disaster

Boeg.png

WARPED FLOORS!!!!! :thumbsup: This should be a good goal I should go for.

I don't get why people complain about so few people being able to get to f60 though. =\ It's not like it will stay like this forever.

Once the warped floors are released, wait a bit. Soon enough, plenty enough people will have 120 dung than there are people with 99 now.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Wow, How can you moan about Warped Floors being high Level content, Of course it is and that is the whole point - We all knew they skill goes up to 104m xp and have all been waiting for the last floors knowing the majority of people cant even do them. This gives everybody something to aim for.

And last time i checked when someone logs on thier exp doesnt go down, it always goes up. Wont be long before 1000+ people have 120 dung, It is one of the fastest skills and least boring tbh, Why the skill was capped at 120 instead of 99 Imo.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Kinda off-topic, but I thought this was funny. I'm sure you all know by now that the sprites for the sagittarian long/shortbows in the KB are wrong, right? Well if you open the sprites up in a new tab and change the URL -- maple_shortbow/longbow to either sagittarian_longbow or sagittarian_shortbow -- you get the correct sprites. #-o

dgs5.jpg