Exclusive Content

stonewall337

From what I see, there isn't much flaming/raging for High level content. It is generally just the vocal few of both sides. Lower levels complaining about higher level content, with higher levels complaining about lower level content. Like somebody said very early in the thread when it sinks in, everyone is fine and they move on. I don't mind high level content far above my ability to use, and I don't mind low level content which doesn't give rewards. It gives me something to stride for; and something simple and stupid, and fun.

vizardsig-1.png

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a side note, I really don't see why high-levels rage over low/mid content...

You have the requirements. You are high-level, therefore giving you MORE of a benefit to that content. Really I see no reason high-levels shouldn't do the low/mid quests and stuff.

I understand it's because of a lack of appeal to high-level though. But not doing the content just cuz it's not high-level? Sad...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I understand it's because of a lack of appeal to high-level though. But not doing the content just cuz it's not high-level? Sad...

Why should I do a quest that gives me a reward which is worse then something I already have? Why is that sad? :unsure:

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Why should I do a quest that gives me a reward which is worse then something I already have? Why is that sad? :unsure:

It depends on how you value content versus experience. That's a bit more relevant with quests and such, not so much with skills, but same concept.

Just shows that they're not going to please everyone, which is why they've been focusing on this for so long now.

hzvjpwS.gif

It's likely to be very easy, so it shouldn't take long to complete. Plus the fact you need to do those quests for questcape anyways.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

It's likely to be very easy, so it shouldn't take long to complete. Plus the fact you need to do those quests for questcape anyways.

But why? A quest being easy makes me want to do it even less.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Look at it this way.

You get free quest points.

You get free xp.

You get free rewards (useless, but meh).

You get various stuff unlocked.

You get songs unlocked.

And the good thing is it's likely to be short so you get the reward real fast!

Might be just me and the satisfaction you get for completing stuff. But 100%'ing stuff is ftw :thumbup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Look at it this way.

You get free xp.

You get songs unlocked.

Might be just me and the satisfaction you get for completing stuff. But 100%'ing stuff is ftw :thumbup:

I'm like you in that I complete everything as it comes out because of this little OCD voice in my head that says I have to (the same one that's pushing me to 99 in all skills), but I can certainly sympathize with people who don't do low level quests as they're released. They're usually not worth the time, exp/hour wise, and they're also almost always stupid and boring too. It sometimes feels like Jagex just decides "okay, time to make a trash update just so it looks like we're doing something," (this is somewhat less true recently, but it was REALLY bad in the past. I'm glad to see the trend moving away from this) which is extremely frustrating because that development time could have gotten us 1/10 of the way to something epic rather than being blown on content that is ultimately meaningless. However, Jagex feels this need to update constantly even if they've got nothing, which feels unhealthy for the game. Particularly, most low level quests come from this period of frantic updating, and I don't even remember 30% of them, and neither do most other players. It's dead content that serves primarily as an obstacle to 100% completion, providing no lasting reward or content.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Look at it this way.

You get free xp.

You get songs unlocked.

That is, assuming that you care about any of those things. I don't like quests, particularly the ones that are just there to be annoying(read: most of them). Quest points don't help me in doing the things i like, neither does ''free'' xp(read: very costly xp), rewards(that aren't rewarding), ''stuff'' or even songs(i've never even played runescape with sound).

The major point is, by releasing a load of these mid-low level updates as they have they are actually being very counter-productive- on the one hand, they release similar content for people that haven't taken the time to explore most of the game anyway, mostly going for small fixes. However, at the same time, they aren't really thinking about the future. Don't get me wrong, a ''right-now'' plan is, in theory, a very good plan to build a fanbase of emotional teenagers, but don't expect it to keep the mature, experienced gamers satisfied. Right now, there seems to be an assumption that because there is a game update, everyone should be allowed to enjoy it, however, thinking about the future, it will just drive off alot of the long time faithfuls.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I wonder if there is actually a list of people who have quit due to lack of content and a list of those who stayed. Can you even prove that a significant part of the p2p community would quit given no very high level content?

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I personally doubt they would, I'd think by the time they get far enough in the game they'd be attached enough to the game or something, to keep playing for things like chaotics, spirit shields, rares, or just staying because they've been playing it for umpteen years....eh...

But as you said, I have absolutely no way of knowing if I hit the nail on the head or if that's just complete BS.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Now that we have switched from why some people dislike high level content, to what is, and to what extent we need high level content, I have several more points to make.

1.) Numerous people, including myself don't train certain skills for the simple reason that there is no real REASON to, as in no future content we want access too. I don't actively train RC since there is nothing down the line I want access too. Sure, double nats would be nice I s'pose. But its not worth TRYING to get. Now, if 90+ RCing helped me even a quarter to a half as much as 96 herb does, I'd have some motivation to train it. TL;DR High level content increases playing of certain skills, such as the increased number of people who got 95+ herb/prayer after those updates.

2.) Exclusive content rewards people for training a skill before there was a reason. If people know high level content will EVENTUALLY come out, they will train a skill before the update.

Dave, I have all that stuff, san rares. I play for goals. Meeting a setting goals is what I find fun. But I need some reason to set a goal. Arbitrary levels (87 rc for example) Isn't my idea of a fun goal.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Look at it this way.

You get free xp.

You get songs unlocked.

Except I don't care about any of that. In the time it took me to do a crappy quest, I could be making money or getting more xp then the quest would give me. I'm also not interested in a quest cape. You still haven't told me why it's sad though that I don't partake in low level updates.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Look at it this way.

You get free xp.

You get songs unlocked.

Except I don't care about any of that. In the time it took me to do a crappy quest, I could be making money or getting more xp then the quest would give me. I'm also not interested in a quest cape. You still haven't told me why it's sad though that I don't partake in low level updates.

Thing is that is IS content you haven't done. Why does it need to be catered to high levels only to be useful for high levels? For example, the warriors guild is a low level update, yet every high level uses a rune defender.

Bruno, doesn't mean we shouldn't have something BETTER for those who are high level though, it just means that that is currently the best.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

Thing is that is IS content you haven't done. Why does it need to be catered to high levels only to be useful for high levels? For example, the warriors guild is a low level update, yet every high level uses a rune defender.

When did I say updates had to be catered towards me? All I said is that if it's a low level update that doesn't benefit me, I'm not going to use it. Sonik said it's sad that high levels don't use low level updates, and I want to know why that's sad when I already have better options.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Cause its there endgame skill and quite frankly they want to finish releasing it?

I mean, when any skill came out no one could do the level 60+ stuff, that doesn't mean every skill released has to be incomplete and only come with levels 1-60.

new skills can have high level requirements, but old skills cannot? :-k

Every skill has high level stuff, i don't know what your talking about.

O.O

Cause its there endgame skill and quite frankly they want to finish releasing it?

I mean, when any skill came out no one could do the level 60+ stuff, that doesn't mean every skill released has to be incomplete and only come with levels 1-60.

new skills can have high level requirements, but old skills cannot? :-k

Every skill has high level stuff, i don't know what your talking about.

Yea, like firemaking!!!....wait....

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Except it doesn't work on ivy...

Stonewall337.png

Only slightly. And require far more attention.

Stonewall337.png