Exclusive Content

stonewall337

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Racheya, I APPLAUD you for ONCE AGAIN 100% MISSING THE POINT!

I didn't say we need more high level content as the only point I'm making. I'm asking why people HATE IT SO MUCH. As such, your whole argument is MOOT.

Racheya hasn't posted in the last 2 pages...this feels extremely random. :unsure:

It was to her post on page 3. I can't be on TIF 24/7.

I'm not saying we need more high level content people, I'm asking why do some people hate it so much?

Didn't say you had to be :P, just felt random (maybe quote it if it's a few pages back)

Anyways, my opinion is this...

Jealousy....yea...that's about it. People get jealous when they can't do something, so they resort in attempting to say why it's useless and start flaming the ones who actually can do it.

tired of jealous others.

Kurity, it wouldn't be for only XPX, it would be for others who are maxed combat or skills etc.

I kinda meant "you" as in all near maxed players and the like.

Which are still a tiny proportion of the RS population.

It's a tiny proportion of the RS population because there's no incentive to get there. Plenty of people (I know a few personally) have low total levels and focus on PKing and boss hunting because that's all that matters. They have herblore, prayer, combat, and whatever skills they need for quests with good rewards, and that's about it.

I guarantee if we saw more decent content in the top 50% of more skills, average total level would skyrocket.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Kurity, it wouldn't be for only XPX, it would be for others who are maxed combat or skills etc.

It's a tiny proportion of the RS population because there's no incentive to get there. Plenty of people (I know a few personally) have low total levels and focus on PKing and boss hunting because that's all that matters. They have herblore, prayer, combat, and whatever skills they need for quests with good rewards, and that's about it.

I guarantee if we saw more decent content in the top 50% of more skills, average total level would skyrocket.

Which is part of why I want this.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Yes it's tiny, but no matter how tiny the group is, the group is still there. And once we actually HAVE more high-level/exclusive content, more people are given an incentive to train all their skills higher. That is why people should NOT hate on exclusive content - train up or give up, simple as that.

The only reason people go for all 99's now is for ranks, capes, total levels, or the respect. Dg only requires 90-ish for strongpotting all doors.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

im just gona keep it simple when i say: the game needs high level content.

but that means hard, not just high level skill.

im starting to get anoyed at easy quests that require me to train skills a lot that otherwise i wouldent (love story for one)

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

If your willing to put 40 hours into an activity you don't enjoy maybe you shouldn't even be playing a game.

Sometimes, you just gotta. That's a (sorta) hardship of gaming.

And I'm pretty sure the good would outweigh the bad... if EVERYTHING he did in rs was stuff he disliked, then that's the quitting point.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

(love story for one)

if you aren't willing to put 40 hours into an mmorpg then i think you are playing the wrong genre

If your willing to put 40 hours into an activity you don't enjoy maybe you shouldn't even be playing a game.

i enjoy it

if you don't, why are you here?

this is only the 9000th time that i've heard you complain "WAAH I HATE DOING ANYTHING IN RUNESCAPE BUT PK", go play a [bleep]ing private server then.

Because, if I really DIDN'T want to train those 40 hours, I wouldn't have done it. I havn't enjoyed every single second of every single skill I've trained. But I train skills because I enjoy them (DG) or to unlock content I enjoy (99 prayer, herb, etc)

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Because, if I really DIDN'T want to train those 40 hours, I wouldn't have done it. I havn't enjoyed every single second of every single skill I've trained. But I train skills because I enjoy them (DG) or to unlock content I enjoy (99 prayer, herb, etc)

This. As a low leveled player, I have no issue with high level content - if you put in the time to train select skills, you should have access to the benefits of those skills.

Let's say, 70 dunge. If you have a questcape but have, oh 30 dunge perhaps, your going to be very mad that you can't do the quest, nor will you be able to for a while.

70 Dungeoneering hardly takes long to get.

God forbid Jagex release something people actually have to work towards in order to access.

You have lvl 1 Dunge. It would take time. Do it in say... 20 hours of RS time. I doubt you could, and most people couldn't.

Look. I'm not saying 70 DG for a quest is bad. I actually have, what, 73 atm? I'm saying that releasing it say with the monkey quest this month is rather unfair for someone with a questcape and lvl 1 dunge; if they did 30, then 45, 52, 58 64, 70 or something....okay. Or gave warning. Because, frankly, God forbid Jagex releases a quest with requirements much higher then that of the quest with the next highest requirements. They have to face reality and accept that too many questers would be annoyed. This is also exactly why, ages ago, somewhere that I'm not going to look for, they said they wouldn't have a cape for completing all the diaries.

You said from 30 to 70, not 1 to 70. :P

I probably couldn't get 70 in 20 hours, but it wouldn't take long. Its only 737k exp.

I agree they should add quest requirements gradually, increasing them a little every time from the previous highest.

I just think its odd how so many don't like updates they can't access on release.

I feel that the more high level content there is, the more there is to look forward to, I am assuming that the same people that sit in GE and say "I need 3k for armour" are the same people that attempt RWT because all they want is to be the best at the game with no effort.

My question, why do people have such an aversion to "hard" content? Is it just laziness? Is it jealousy?

I think that its laziness, people that see the update and think... "what are the rewards... ooo they look good, ohh, the requirements are hard to get... I'm going to flame and see if Jagex changes them" instead of thinking "what are the rewards... ooo they look good, damn the requirements are going to be hard to get. Better get started..."

At the end of the day not everyone in Runescape plays for fun/achievement so we there will never be a 100% appreciation of content. No matter if its big/small high/low levelled I enjoy all content. e.g. the F2P Lumbridge quest came out "The Blood Pact" there where lots of players in the graveyard getting irate about 'how [bleep] the content was' what they forget is that f2p players now have a new place to train, and now have some head gear that gives the best offensive melee bonuses in all of f2p.

In the end, every update benefits someone but it will also make other players hate.

I don't understand players that hate... Either have fun and enjoy, or... don't? Then why play?

user1-dark.png

Now just ignore me if someone has already said this, I didn't read the whole thread.

I believe a lot of RS players think high level content is for "End gamers" or people who've maxed out there skills and this is jagex's way of keeping their 6$ a month.

In my opinion, a lot of people see high level content as things for people who already have the skills or quests to do it, not something to work for.

A lot of people miss the fact that RS is an MMO and does require time (Or "Grinding") to achieve higher(Better) things.

This is why most of RS is happy when low level content is released, they can do it, not train any stats and go on their way.

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

I think that its laziness, people that see the update and think... "what are the rewards... ooo they look good, ohh, the requirements are hard to get... I'm going to flame and see if Jagex changes them" instead of thinking "what are the rewards... ooo they look good, damn the requirements are going to be hard to get. Better get started..."

I'm sure some people say that, but I also don't understand the desire for exclusive content on this thread. In my opinion, there's no reason you can't couple low & moderate level content with high, and vice versa.

Lets take some examples.

1) Gunnars Ground Quest. This quest was very low leveled and easy to complete. Despite this, the quest had additional "high level" rewards offering a nice bunch of crafting xp if you had the levels for it.

2) Dungeoneering Batch 2. This update was very high leveled with content I will never reach for several months. But this was also a low leveled update since it opened several low token items for purchase. The scroll of cleansing was a nice low level update coupled with this high level update.

3) Living Rock Caverns. This update was a moderate level, but offered the current "highest-level" content for players going to 99 with gold ores. It also provided coal ores with a lower level, in addition to fish of a high and moderate level.

4) Extreme potions update. This update had both potions for super high levels (96) and medium to lower levels.

So I guess i'm saying.. don't think high level = exclusive.

If your for exclusive content, then you only want content YOU can do, and not content for everyone else with levels below you.

High level content is not bad, but there is no reason high level content needs to come by itself and be exclusive. Low level content is never exclusive since almost everyone can do it. I'm very much for high level content, but I disagree with exclusive content only super high levels can do. This is not because im to lazy to get the levels for it, but rather want something out of every week.

I don't want to sit and scratch my head right after an update saying "oh well I guess I can't do anything new this update except go and train some more". I'd rather say "Oh well I can do some of this content this week, but better train up to access all of the new content they just released."

So I guess i'm saying.. don't think high level = exclusive.

If your for exclusive content, then you only want content YOU can do, and not content for everyone else with levels below you.

High level content is not bad, but there is no reason high level content needs to come by itself and be exclusive. Low level content is never exclusive since almost everyone can do it. I'm very much for high level content, but I disagree with exclusive content only super high levels can do. This is not because im to lazy to get the levels for it, but rather want something out of every week.

I don't want to sit and scratch my head right after an update saying "oh well I guess I can't do anything new this update except go and train some more". I'd rather say "Oh well I can do some of this content this week, but better train up to access all of the new content they just released."

I'm a bit confused. You're saying you don't believe high levels mean exclusive content, but later continue to say you want high level content and you want to be able to do something each week. You lampoon people for wanting things that they can, but then say you want the exact same thing. You'd rather train your stats for minimal reward for the promise of content in the future, so that when it ever does come out, you'll already have the levels rather than having something to work up towards. Not to mention that any high level content is not permanently off limits to everyone, since we all have the capacity to reach those levels at some point or another. You don't seem to understand why people are upset, but instead take a mature-sound mindset fueled by arguably dodgy reasoning. I can't tell if that's just a misunderstanding or if it's the truth, but all I have to go on is your post and, well...it really seems like you're proving the point of the OP to a T.

hzvjpwS.gif

No there aren't high level quests dedicated to you, but thats because there isnt enough of you to dedicate a whole quest to when jagex could just as easily lower the requirements and make it encompass a wider group of players.

TBH, Dung Warped floors come to mind when you bring up this point. No, it's not a quest, but it's a whole portion of a skill. Only ~4500 people have access to the Warped floors, so why bring out a HUGE update, just for them?

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

They are realizing to sustain growth they need to keep the end game content sound so they don't lose their loyal player base. Herb update, dungeoneering, and prayer update comes to mind. I imagine they will continue to release low level updates but start focusing on giving the people who have played for years something to aim for aswell. I don't see whats wrong with that. :mellow:

Low_C.png

I for one am all for very high level updates, about level 90+. And yes, I do have 99 cooking, but that's my only 99 at the moment. Most of my skills are level 70-80.

I'm not asking for updates I can do this instant. I want updates that make me want to level higher. But not only should the requirements be high, but the rewards also. If I level my crafting to 95, I expect to be able to craft more than just a bit better ranging equipment. It should be something worth the work. A minor but highly useable help to another skill, a chance to make something powerful, you get the idea.

I don't consider myself high level, but I'm still craving for high level updates.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

I'm a bit confused. You're saying you don't believe high levels mean exclusive content, but later continue to say you want high level content and you want to be able to do something each week. You lampoon people for wanting things that they can, but then say you want the exact same thing. You'd rather train your stats for minimal reward for the promise of content in the future, so that when it ever does come out, you'll already have the levels rather than having something to work up towards. Not to mention that any high level content is not permanently off limits to everyone, since we all have the capacity to reach those levels at some point or another. You don't seem to understand why people are upset, but instead take a mature-sound mindset fueled by arguably dodgy reasoning. I can't tell if that's just a misunderstanding or if it's the truth, but all I have to go on is your post and, well...it really seems like you're proving the point of the OP to a T.

Perhaps I worded it poorly, but my main statement was that I want high level content coupled WITH low/medium level content, not just exclusive high level content for only high levels. Vise versa should also be the case.

If hunter gets updated with 5 creatures from 95-99, they should have at least 1 or 2 creatures in the 1-95 block. If 5 hunter creatures are added to 1-95, at least 1 should be added to 95-99. If a super low level quest is released, it should have "bonus" content for higher level players.

I think it would be a poor decision from Jagex to release an update where the only thing you can do that week is to sit around and train the same way you had done the week before. High level and Low/Medium Level content does not, and should not be exclusive.

I was not against the OP in the statement that high-level content needs to be added, but rather expressing my dislike for the idea of elitist exclusive content. Low level content always gets the benefit of the doubt, because everyone can do it, making low level content non-exclusive.

No there aren't high level quests dedicated to you, but thats because there isnt enough of you to dedicate a whole quest to when jagex could just as easily lower the requirements and make it encompass a wider group of players.

TBH, Dung Warped floors come to mind when you bring up this point. No, it's not a quest, but it's a whole portion of a skill. Only ~4500 people have access to the Warped floors, so why bring out a HUGE update, just for them?

Cause its there endgame skill and quite frankly they want to finish releasing it?

I mean, when any skill came out no one could do the level 60+ stuff, that doesn't mean every skill released has to be incomplete and only come with levels 1-60.

O.O

Cause its there endgame skill and quite frankly they want to finish releasing it?

I mean, when any skill came out no one could do the level 60+ stuff, that doesn't mean every skill released has to be incomplete and only come with levels 1-60.

new skills can have high level requirements, but old skills cannot? :-k

Depends on your definition of high level. Although, Jagex DOES need to make a boss scaled to 138s with overloads, soul split and chaotic longswords. Yes, longswords. Because longswords have higher accuracy and str then rapiers so its DPS is higher, and can be used with a shield because you need extra defense.

No? You disagree?

We need a boss to make that longsword and shield stuff true, besides maybe solo'ing a GW boss with a Divine. Tbh, it's quite a pity all these Dunge bosses are stuck in Dunge. I think Jagex should have a couple "escape" from Dunge, you have to go through one of those resource doors to get through it. (A new one obviously.)

Or just make a new damn boss >.<

Umm, you said DPS and CLS in the same sentance. Perhaps you don't know what DPS stands for.

DPS = Damage Per Second

Because the DPS is time dependant, you must account for the weapon speed. The rapier has higher DPS then the longsword, simply because it hits faster, even if has slightly weaker stats then the longsword. If you talk strictly about damage, without the time dependancy, then yes, the CLS hits higher. The thing is, excluding time means that you are only accounting for one hit of the rapier, and one hit of the CLS. And then, the maul would win anyways, because it has higher accuracy and strength then the CLS.

It is only with a shield, against high defense bosses such as GWD, where the CLS is better then the rapier. You seem to allude to this in your second statement about making the CLS and shield stuff true. But as it stands, the CLS has less DPS then the Rapier for almost all situations.

Jagex might change this at some point, but it is doubtful. Ever since Rs2 came out, the entire combat system of this game has been geared toward the faster weapons with lower power. Not something ridiculous like daggers, but scimitars have higher DPS then longswords, Whips have higher DPS then godswords, the MSB has higher DPS then the Dark bow. The Rapier has higher DPS then the CLS.

Back before Rs2, everything was the same speed, and everyone used rune 2hs to fight with, because they hit the highest. This is not true anymore, because the game now incorporates speed into weapons, giving the advantage to faster weapons.

It is possible to adjust the weapon stats in order to see which one is actually better if they were the same speed. Simply multiply each weapon stat by the ratio of weapon speed:weapon speed. For example, a scimitar hits 5 times for every 4 hits a longsword does, so the ratio of scimitar speed:longsword speed is 5/4. Multiply the scimitar stats by 5/4, and it will give you the stats a scimitar would have if it was the same speed as a longsword.

I would like some new bosses though. That would be fun.

Nononononono you missed the point. The point I was trying to make was basically your bolded statement right there; and that the bolded statement should be very true for this new boss. I DO get the rapier > CLS argument and that because the extra accuracy isn't needed between extremes, turmoil, maxed combat in virtually all scenarios. Slower weapons have higher accuracy, which COMBINED with their high speed, is supposed to make them useful on high def monsters. I remember one point when I was F2P, my rune scimmy was better on moss giants, but the longsword worked better on lesser demons because I needed the extra accuracy for (then) a relatively high level monster. At that particular level (let's say after I beat dragon slayer, ending with about 40att/def and 30 str) the DPS for me using my rune longsword on lesser demons was higher then the DPS for me using my rune scimmy on lesser demons.

What I'm saying is we need a boss that, even with maxed combat/turmoil/overloads, you STILL need the accuracy of a longsword o.O Jagex really needs to make content geared for players with turmoil/chaotics/overloads. And chaotic shields maybe..... but the shields are another topic lol.

Perhaps I worded it poorly, but my main statement was that I want high level content coupled WITH low/medium level content, not just exclusive high level content for only high levels. Vise versa should also be the case.

If hunter gets updated with 5 creatures from 95-99, they should have at least 1 or 2 creatures in the 1-95 block. If 5 hunter creatures are added to 1-95, at least 1 should be added to 95-99. If a super low level quest is released, it should have "bonus" content for higher level players.

I think it would be a poor decision from Jagex to release an update where the only thing you can do that week is to sit around and train the same way you had done the week before. High level and Low/Medium Level content does not, and should not be exclusive.

I was not against the OP in the statement that high-level content needs to be added, but rather expressing my dislike for the idea of elitist exclusive content. Low level content always gets the benefit of the doubt, because everyone can do it, making low level content non-exclusive.

If Jagex does that, then realistically we're looking at them simply grabbing all the weekly updates, churning them all out on one date, and suddenly we have monthly updates. They can't have every update have high level and low level parts to it. What's high level or low level anyways? Your Extreme Herblore Potions, for example - I had 70+ herblore, relatively high, 81 now, yet I still can't make one damned extreme potion, short of attempting to stew. I don't have a problem with this, few more d claw drops and I'll get 85 lol, but I don't see how it was anything but a high level update. Or Gunners ground - higher level crafting gets you more exp. Let's see, the last object is Onyx, requiring 80 or 90+ crafting, gives you what - 20k exp? Rather worthless at those levels.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

That's fair, and I would say a lot of people agree with you. I do think, however, that they needed to take this period of time and focus on high-leveled content in order to 'catch up' that aspect of the game. You'll remember they did something very similar when, in desperation, they were forced to drastically change the element of PvP in the game. It forced them to re-do the system, come out with some decent minigames, etc just to get it back to a normal, acceptable level and then it mellowed out. I see this period in Runescape's history just like it was then, since PvP is no longer an adequate hook for such a small portion of the population, while the high-level population is swelling and growing faster than they were prepared for.

Once things balance out, I'm sure you'll see things return back to the normal update schedule you've mentioned. It's just going to take a lot of work to get to that point, especially since so much of this process is tied up in re-working old, 'broken' skills.

hzvjpwS.gif