A Day to Remember: What Separates Me From You

RpgGamer

I was first to update the lyricwiki page, so I figure it was my duty to be the first to post it here.

Starting off with the basics, ADTR has gone through only a slight few lineup changes since their formation in Florida in the year 2003. They've been signed to Indianola Records, but were quickly discovered by Voctory Records while touring with On the Last Day. What Separates Me From You is their fourth studio album, following 2009's Homesick. Since Homesick, ADTR has changed out guitarists for one Kevin Skaff, formally of Four Letter Lie. Tom Denney has moved on to be his own producer, and is currently working with bands such as We Are Defiance [check them out, they're incredible]. The latest album has been released today [11/16/10] with two singles already previiously released found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaNwItqNi50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqPbk8Rdoq0&feature=related

I'm personally going to buy this album in less than 12 hours, as soon as stores open. I've long awaited it, and from the sound of things its going to be even heavier than previous albums. Very exciting stuff. Can't Wait :D

Anywho else appreciate ADTR here on TIF? I'm assuming I'm their biggest fan representation here, but I figure i could spread the word a bit right?

Keep moshing :shades:

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I love the band, however the new album did not amaze me.

But I like it.

Well, I was right in that it's heavier than Homesick, but I found it less relate-able than For Those Who Have Heart [which remains as my favorite overall album of all time]. Great album, but I'm not sure they'll ever live up to FTWHH again. I just don't want it to sound like I'm diminishing the new album in anyway shape or form, cause I've seriously already listened to it all the way through 34 times. yes I'm counting. And no, I don't sleep.

But I like it.

Well, I was right in that it's heavier than Homesick, but I found it less relate-able than For Those Who Have Heart [which remains as my favorite overall album of all time]. Great album, but I'm not sure they'll ever live up to FTWHH again. I just don't want it to sound like I'm diminishing the new album in anyway shape or form, cause I've seriously already listened to it all the way through 34 times. yes I'm counting. And no, I don't sleep.

I absolutely love FTWHA and Homesick. And I was expecting a good hardcore/punk mix, like The Downfall Of Us All.

I'm also not diminishing the album, I've listened to it a lot as well. But it didn't amaze me like I expected.

This is ABSOLUTELY without a single doubt THE best album of the year, and I HIGHLY doubt ANY artist in ANY Genre will come out with a better album in all of 2011 and 2012. This Album is absolutely remarkable, I LOVE where they are headed, and there really aren't words to emphasize the sheer amazement that is "What Separates Me From You".

I am also truly sorry for anyone who disagrees, honestly.

Sumondskull6.png

This is ABSOLUTELY without a single doubt THE best album of the year, and I HIGHLY doubt ANY artist in ANY Genre will come out with a better album in all of 2011 and 2012. This Album is absolutely remarkable, I LOVE where they are headed, and there really aren't words to emphasize the sheer amazement that is "What Separates Me From You".

<3:

hello new best friend <3:

I wouldn't go as far to say better than the 2011 stuff though. We Are Defiance [Tom Denney's new project] is debuting first quarter, and their demos are sick nasty. I'm lining up outside of store doors for that album come 2011.

Plus, who know who else is coming out next year with new stuff. I'd [bleep] in my pants if Jamie's Elsewhere could properly follow up to They Said A Storm Was Coming this early.

I am truly sorry that you have such a closed mind.

I've listened to the album and in my opinion it didn't live up to my expectations, don't get me wrong it's an ok album but I prefer For Those Who Have Heart.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

I'd really like to know what is special about it.

First song is basically a breakdown for two and a half minutes and a couple of pop metal riffs inbetween. Nothing that I haven't heard (endlessly, may I add) before. I moved onto the second song and yeah, much better, but it doesn't really stand out at all. It basically sounds like a poppier version of Thursday - not that it's a bad thing at all, but the formula is getting tired. I'm not going to comment on the production from listening to those videos on YouTube.

It's probably not even a bad album by any stretch of the imagination, but there's nothing there that inspires me to actually, you know, take an hour or however long out of my day to listen to it all.

I think we're all in consensus that For Those Who Have Heart is a bloody masterpiece though. And as long as that is a conclusion this thread draws, I'm okay with it :D

From the songs above, it's really not doing anything for me. There's nothing really innovative about it and I've heard plenty of bands that have the same sound or very similar elements. It's not bad, but it seems like it's missing something to set it apart. I'd give it a strong 5, but that's based off of only two songs and having never listened to the band before. If I get the chance, maybe I'll listen to the whole thing.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I have to say I thought Homesick was better, though in all fairness I havn't listened to this album as much as I should yet even though I love ADTR.

It still seems pretty good though.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

But I like it.

Well, I was right in that it's heavier than Homesick.

How did you somehow comclude that is it heavier than Homesick? It is nowhere even close to being as heavy as any other album at all. There is THREE, THREE songs that are heavy in their new album... Pretty much every single song from Homesick had an insane breakdown in it - Dont make me list them...

And I do love the band, will be seeing them for the fourth time in febuary - but this album is my least favorite. I think 'And their name was treason' is thier best album to date and 'You should have killed me' is their best song.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

But I like it.

Well, I was right in that it's heavier than Homesick.

How did you somehow comclude that is it heavier than Homesick? It is nowhere even close to being as heavy as any other album at all. There is THREE, THREE songs that are heavy in their new album... Pretty much every single song from Homesick had an insane breakdown in it - Dont make me list them...

And I do love the band, will be seeing them for the fourth time in febuary - but this album is my least favorite. I think 'And their name was treason' is thier best album to date and 'You should have killed me' is their best song.

U should of killed me when u had the chance is my favorite song, and I was wondering when someone was going to say their first was their best. I say the 4th album is heavier than Homesick because Homesick had a lot of breakdowns, but 2nd Sucks, You be tails I'll be Sonic and Sticks&Bricks practically are breakdowns. Like the whole song. Plus the vocals are much rougher, which I assume was to match the key of Skaff's new backing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm seeing A Day To Remember with Bring Me The Horizon in March, it's gonna be a sick show ;p

oh lord.

On topic: DO NOT WANT.

Please, we have enough of these bands already. And yes I have listened to their music extensively, so I'm not just making blanket statements like people tend to do with other genres... *cough cough*

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I'm seeing A Day To Remember with Bring Me The Horizon in March, it's gonna be a sick show ;p

That's the one at the Electric Factory right? I might go to that! When do tickets go on sale?

unlike bonkers, I want VERY MUCH

That's the one at the Electric Factory right? I might go to that! When do tickets go on sale?

I haven't seen tickets for sale, yet, but I'm definitely going to keep my eye out! I'll let you know when they go on sale when I find out :P

Sumondskull6.png

I haven't seen tickets for sale, yet, but I'm definitely going to keep my eye out! I'll let you know when they go on sale when I find out :P

I looked into it. They're on sale now @ stubhub & ticketmaster. I got tickets to the 11th show w/ Pierce the Veil, We Came as Romans and Bring me the Horizon [and ADTR of course]. Maybe I'll see you there?

• 1 month later...

Seconded and thirded.

Also, much thanks to OP, wouldn't have known about this new release without him!

sigwg.png

Are you into DnB or Dubstep?

Be sure to check my SOUNDCLOUD and MIXCLOUD,

and like me on FACEBOOK to stay up to date!

Latest mix: Leuven Goes Out Deejay Contest Winning Set (Dubstep + DnB)