Too much damage

Lep

I'm pretty sure hits follow a uniform distribution

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except the experiment you conducted up the page just... uh oh cracks!

Better cover up fast for the sake of all them dps equations that you been integrating out of regular distributions.

Don't try your experiment again with just a whip on a person with 350+ slash def.

Don't even think about the enchanted diamond bolt special and if its special has the same mean damage as regular hits.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Better cover up fast for the sake of all them dps equations that you been integrating out of regular distributions.

Don't try your experiment again with just a whip on a person with 350+ slash def.

Don't even think about the enchanted diamond bolt special and if its special has the same mean damage as regular hits.

lol at your nitpicking... you might as well say dragon claws too because they don't follow a uniform distribution either. you clearly missed the main point of my statement in your attempts to make me look bad. which i give you credit for - it's amusing.

and no the data from that experiment did not suggest a distribution that was not uniform.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_distribution. there is no such thing as a "regular distribution" in statistics.

again:

Not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-very-stupid.jpg?imageSize=Large&generatorName=Futurama-Fry

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

lol at your nitpicking... you might as well say dragon claws too because they don't follow a uniform distribution either. you clearly missed the main point of my statement in your attempts to make me look bad. which i give you credit for - it's amusing.

and no the data from that experiment did not suggest a distribution that was not uniform.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_distribution. there is no such thing as a "regular distribution" in statistics.

again:

Not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-very-stupid.jpg?imageSize=Large&generatorName=Futurama-Fry

Nice pic. Totally going to memegenerator.net now...

Why don't you guys both get koraskis sword, extreme restore pots, maybe equivalent str/mage pots... put one person in melee armour, the other in mage defence armour. Take your fight to the duel arena. Fight a bunch of times, whoever wins the most is declared the victor of this argument. No food, stick entirely to koraskis special attack if at all possible.

That way you can duke it out AND experiment at the same time :D

And everyone else in this thread can just watch and throw rotten tomatoes at you guys.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Too much luck involved for that, Squab. The obvious solution is to spec 50 times on metal armor and dhide armor and record every hit so that we can prove that yes, like every other single-splat attack in the game, Korasi's special follows an even distribution from its min to its max when it hits, regardless of armor.

I've hit too many high 700's on mithril dragons with that thing to believe for a second that mage defense protects against high hits; I know from experience that mithril dragons have high magic defense that should be slowing down my specials but definitely doesn't in practice.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Too much luck involved for that, Squab. The obvious solution is to spec 50 times on metal armor and dhide armor and record every hit so that we can prove that yes, like every other single-splat attack in the game, Korasi's special follows an even distribution from its min to its max when it hits, regardless of armor.

I've hit too many high 700's on mithril dragons with that thing to believe for a second that mage defense protects against high hits; I know from experience that mithril dragons have high magic defense that should be slowing down my specials but definitely doesn't in practice.

my claim was specifically for magic armor, not overall magic defense

sigcopyaf.png

...What? So you're saying that wearing Ahrim's makes the sword hit higher? Skimming through the thread that's not what it looked like you were saying at all.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

...What? So you're saying that wearing Ahrim's makes the sword hit higher? Skimming through the thread that's not what it looked like you were saying at all.

no i meant if you wear arma or something (from the defensive person's end)

sigcopyaf.png

Oh. But that's exactly what I was talking about. Dragons obviously work on the basis of using equipment stats because stab is more effective than other styles, and there's no way to get just stab defense besides equipment. It's logical to conclude that they also use armor bonuses to defend against magic.

Or, if you want to say that's false too, I did plenty of high hits on rangers in Clan Wars when I went to try it out. Nothing seems to make a difference to the sword except magic prayer, which is consistent with how it should be working based on the combat formula. If you want to claim otherwise you have to provide good, hard numbers, not just "it feels this way."

The "feeling" argument is how people end up slaying with glory, Bandos, and DFS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution

In my country they call it regular and normal distribution =/

And I'm pretty sure you were searching for uniMODAL distribution .. because you see .. there is no such thing as uniform distribution (some sarcasm intended)

i have never heard it called regular lol.

sigcopyaf.png

i have never heard it called regular lol.

Сигурен съм, че не говориш същия език като мене =/

In translation - I am pretty sure you don't talk the same language as me, in other words you not hearing it does not change the fact that it's used

I think the video only proves how bad rushing is and how we need higher starting LP.

As for the lack of defense, no armor would ever 'fix' korasi sword spec as it's designed to be 100% accurate. We already have a really great overpowered defensive item(divine), if we had similar items for 80 or 90 defense that were usable for real pvp(not the joke you are showing us), pking wouldn't be significantly better(it's already as bad as it's ever been, anyway).

What we DONT have is a good defence gear, or shield that doesn't cost 580m+ for players who actually have 99 defence but cannot afford such outragous prices. (for you it might not be a matter of cost, but for a good 75% of players it is)

Popoto.~<3

Been watching W65 PKers, and there are so many KS prods now it's just stupid. All you do is wait til you combo a decent hit + venge and then spec, 100% chance to KO. Lame ass [cabbage]. For something so powerful, it needs to have a much much higher replacement cost. Anyway you slice it, making a special that will always hit at least 280+ is [bleep]ing broken.

td2sig.jpg

biggest problem is that idiot pkers don't pray cause they think it's no honor. if you pray youll generally be fine. you'll definitely get flames for it but whatever

lcool I recognized that, dw lol. was only saying it's odd

sigcopyaf.png

biggest problem is that idiot pkers don't pray cause they think it's no honor. if you pray youll generally be fine. you'll definitely get flames for it but whatever

lcool I recognized that, dw lol. was only saying it's odd

It's not so much about honor as it is that, if everyone prayed in dangerous PvP, nobody would ever get kills. Doing a bunch of fights without any kills isn't in anyone's best interest, because it's a waste of money and food for everyone involved. Thus, if somebody starts praying, the other person has the option to run away, because they know damn well they're never going to get a kill through prayer and there's no point in bothering anymore.

except if you hybrid, which you should

sigcopyaf.png

What we DONT have is a good defence gear, or shield that doesn't cost 580m+ for players who actually have 99 defence but cannot afford such outragous prices. (for you it might not be a matter of cost, but for a good 75% of players it is)

Even defensive armor with infinite defensive stats wouldn't protect you from KS spec, so it's a terrible example no matter what. The fact that you can't afford/get a divine speaks more about you than anything else, but the fact is, there is already armor that would significantly reduce the power of any weapon. I doubt(and i'll more than likely be right) that the upcoming damage reduction will be significant in a situation pictured in the vid. Also, the upcoming damage reduction will have little to no effect on dragon claws- with 50% soak percentage, a 800 from claws will still hit for 700(overall 12,5% reduction, and it's doubtful soak percentages will get anywhere close to 50%).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Yeah, because everyone is falling over themselves to risk hybrid gear and fight hybrids when the drops have nothing to do with what your opponent loses anyway.

More effective for everyone if you turn it into a full rune, whip and DDS luckfest. Note: I hate dangerous PvP, but the way players do it makes a lot of sense given the current system.

No... Vid or anything?

With comparison to neutral mage def o-course.

the vid would have been like 20 minutes long, lol... and no i did not vid it.

and such a comparison is not needed; you only need to compare the experimental average hit to the maximum hit as calculated normally.

you may very well be right and me wrong - we can't say yet for sure, since a p value of 0.10 is in a really dubious region and could go either way.

regardless the original point is that it IS possible to defend against it (mage pray and possibly mage gear)

If you're saying that Magic Defence can protect against Korasi because it makes it hit lower, you couldn't be more wrong. Use a larger sample size, and compare it to hitting against negative Magic Defense.

comparison to negative mage defense is unnecessary, since as magic defense decreases the damage would just approach the expected 50-150 pattern (in other words, your max hit on average)

Yeah, because everyone is falling over themselves to risk hybrid gear and fight hybrids when the drops have nothing to do with what your opponent loses anyway.

More effective for everyone if you turn it into a full rune, whip and DDS luckfest. Note: I hate dangerous PvP, but the way players do it makes a lot of sense given the current system.

mage gear is only an extra like.. 300K

sigcopyaf.png

comparison to negative mage defense is unnecessary, since as magic defense decreases the damage would just approach the expected 50-150 pattern (in other words, your max hit on average)

mage gear is only an extra like.. 300K

If you want to be wearing mystic.

This is irrelevant to the argument and hardly proves korasis as balanced or inbalanced. Seeing as prayer applies to every weapon.

What doesnt apply to every weapon is defence, thats right, defence is useless against korasis, and this is inbalanced.

At least for other weapons you can say, put d'hide on for mage defence, and pray melee to protect against KO's this protects you from 2 combat styles. Korasis doesn't have that option due to 100% accuracy and all you can do is pray mage all the time and hope he has korasis and not some other spec weapon, and even then its just as powerful as any other KO weapon when prayed against.

O.O

This is irrelevant to the argument and hardly proves korasis as balanced or inbalanced. Seeing as prayer applies to every weapon.

What doesnt apply to every weapon is defence, thats right, defence is useless against korasis, and this is inbalanced.

At least for other weapons you can say, put d'hide on for mage defence, and pray melee to protect against KO's this protects you from 2 combat styles. Korasis doesn't have that option due to 100% accuracy and all you can do is pray mage all the time and hope he has korasis and not some other spec weapon, and even then its just as powerful as any other KO weapon when prayed against.

It's the combination of a 100% accurate special and an extremely low replacement cost (considering the power of the weapon) that makes it unbalanced. It NEEDS to be at least as much as a whip to replace, preferably more since the spec is more lethal than an AGS spec.

td2sig.jpg