Hot Keys: Faster Reactions in Runescape

Toxicologist

maple story is complete sh...

ut yeah, i like the hotkeys... but if the actions were assigned to normal keys, it would take instant messaging away, i think they should only be asigned to the f-keys, and the pgup, pgdwn, insert, delete, etc, buttons

siggity siggity shwa

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose so... you could, of course; make it that chat is activated by pressing "Enter" or something, but that may be confusing to some people...

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

really good idea - like in some games you should be able to customise each with u want by dragging the item(s) to there eg - is you wanted f2 to be your melee gear (say full guths) then you would drag the pl8, skirt, helm and spear over to the f2 icon in a hotkeys menu and when you click f2 that would equip instantly - this idea would vastly improve situations where u need to change quickly like pking or fight caves

PC Disc game? Lots of MMORPGs use hotkeys, not just Non-Online games.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

lets see what i mean

heres some pictures from Knight Online:

https://www.knightonlineworld.com/img/s ... lmorad.jpg see under the HP MP and XP is an small window with 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 in it and different spells on it :wink: (you can press or klick on number on keyboard) in this game it has the press enter to activate chat window oh and btw dont care about arrows you can like have a few different hot bars like teleporting and offensive blaah blaah blaah...

=)

... random face thing. Just to say I updated supporter's/critics list.

~Toxicologist~

i love the control for running, but, how will u type? if its just 1 key, like the numbers 1-9 or something like that, u cant type numbers

and another major problem, if u press the hotkey for like attacking, wat will u attack, if there r multiple targets? big problem, wont happen, but i still like the idea

I don't see why you want hotkeys for just melee attack. The conventional way is easy enough.

You don't have to use hotkeys if you don't want to... the hotkeys are self-assignable, and you can still use convewntional methods to do things.

You can only assign them to specific keys, like the F1 keys and such; and maybe the Insert, Home, etc. keys. That solves the chatting problem.

If you mean magical attacks, press hotkey, it activates the spell and has the thing "cast spell on..." like it does normally. Only you can simply use a hotkey to activate the spell.

Does that solve your problems, Znicho?

~Toxicologist~

actually, I think with a bit of work, JaGeX could make hotkeys for RuneScape. it would take time, no doubt, but it can be done.

look at other java games, some have keys assigned to do certain things, and they are remappable.

I support this

on a side note, would the customisation and stuff be put in a sub-menu under settings?

It probably would be an extension to the Options menu, or a seperate menu.

~Toxicologist~

right klick skill choose drag to hotkey(enter hotkey number window appears)? lol

And why not [Enter]look im cool[Enter] i also play Anarchy Online,Knight Online so sometimes i try to walk with W in Runescape Lol and in both of them there are Enter as "activate" chat window and i think it works GREAT! :lol:

Some of your ideas are okay, like switching through prayer, spell book, inv, and stats, etc. but i dont think certain spells shoudl be assignable, just because it would be too easy to switch from teleblock, to ice burst, to a god spell, then back to entangle to another go around. i think its the having to do all these things by mouse the hard thing about rs, and should be kept that way. although, i do like the emote idea :). and the switching from inv, to prayer, to spell book, to stats would come in handy alot.

i support your idea, just not fully.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

If you want to use hot keys your going to have to press ctrl or some button then the number that you assigned the item to so it would be like you press 1 without ctrl you type 1 where as if you press ctrl + 1 you eat food, use sleeping bag :wink: ect.

I support

kill3r_c0w.png

And Hotkeys also comes under the Mouse and Keyboard Interface. What are you talking about?

~Toxicologist~

F1, F2, F3, F4. Or maybe make the Hotkeys only work on the Numberpad or something (don't know if you can do that, but I think you can).

~Toxicologist~