The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim ANNOUNCED!

Blake

It has been announced! TES V: Skyrim will come out 11/11/11.

There is a more indepth discussion thread than this that will have a LOT more info here... TES V: Skyrim Discussion

[hide]Found this article, off the of Oblivion Wiki. I'm very excited for this, Oblivion was one of my favorite games.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-23-rumour-elder-scrolls-5-in-the-works

Bethesda Game Studios is hard at work on the fifth game in the Elder Scrolls series, according to a new report.

It's a direct sequel to 2006's stonking great fantasy role-playing game Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Eurogamer Denmark said.

We've asked the author of the story, Eurogamer Denmark Editor-in-chief Kristian West, to translate into English for us (apparently Google doesn't do it justice). Here's what he said:

"This source not only confirmed that the game is in current production, but also spoke briefly about the content - with fantasy-sounding phrases like Dragon Lord, something with The Blades - and that voice acting for the characters in the game is currently happening in the weeks to follow.

"The same source confirmed, with official game documents in hand, that this will be the chronological sequel to what happened in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, which is the latest game in the now 16-years-old Elder Scrolls saga and by itself one of the better RPGs for PC and consoles.

"The sequel to Oblivion is coming, we can hereby confirm without hesitation. It's been a while since 2006, hasn't it?"

Rumour of an Elder Scrolls sequel has been rife since Oblivion's launch.

In August Bethesda Game Studios told Eurogamer the majority of its 90 or so staff are beavering away on the new game - thought to be a new Elder Scrolls title - which has been in development for two years.

Executive producer Todd Howard said in an interview with Eurogamer at QuakeCon that the studio's current title will be announced soon, but he couldn't say exactly when. "I have a sense but we're not ready even to talk about [the timing of the announcement], because it might change. I don't want to disappoint people.

"One thing I can say is that from when you first hear about it to when it's out will be the shortest it's been for us. It's pretty far along. When we show it, we want to show a lot, because there's a lot of game there to play right now.

"You know, if [global VP of PR and marketing] Pete Hines came in and said, 'I want you to show it,' I'd be like, 'Okay, I'm ready to show it.' But we've just decided for now not to yet."

Howard wouldn't be drawn on many details about the game, but said the technology was derived from the engine that powered Fallout 3, albeit with significant modifications.

"Fallout 3 technically does a lot more than Oblivion. The new stuff is an even bigger jump from that," he said.

"I can say it is on the existing platforms, which we're really happy with. You almost feel like you have a new console when you see the game."

[/hide]
2s0cxth.png

Oh my god... thats awesome!! So looking foward to this.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I thought they were going to release their MMO before ES5? And a direct sequel? Hopefully it will continue correcting the flaws in the gameplay (terrible accents/no diversity) while keeping combat pristine. I really enjoyed the improvements of combat from Morrowind to Oblivion. Expecting ES5 to be nothing less than stellar. Now if Bethesda only stops dragging their feet...

hzvjpwS.gif

Clicked the link and the first word I read is "Rumour". I have seen so many fake articles about TesV that I don't know what to believe anymore. But if this is real, I'd love to see a better character customization system, more sidequests or guilds, and many, many more caves. I loved raiding caves.

oh, and of course, MORE VOICE ACTORS DAMMIT.

16185_s.gif

Clicked the link and the first word I read is "Rumour". I have seen so many fake articles about TesV that I don't know what to believe anymore. But if this is real, I'd love to see a better character customization system, more sidequests or guilds, and many, many more caves. I loved raiding caves.

oh, and of course, MORE VOICE ACTORS DAMMIT.

I loved raiding caves too, but I'd like a lot more variety in them too. After a while, you notice all of the same rooms and tunnels, just routed differently. I've read fake articles too, but the only reason I posted this is because it was on the UESP Wiki, http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page, which is a pretty reputable site. I know random people can edit it like Wikipedia, but still...

2s0cxth.png

\I know random people can edit it like Wikipedia, but still...

I saw people talking about this on Gamefaqs for a while and they didn't denounce it. After all, there is going to be a 5th installment as well as an mmo, we just don't know when. So it's good to get discussion going about it :D

hzvjpwS.gif

Considering I have well over 1000 hours of gameplay on Oblivion (and probably the same again on Morrowind), I'm most certainly looking forward to this :P

Direct sequel to Oblivion, though... this should be interesting to see how the storyline will play out. Also wondering if they'll continue the same 'start off in prison with no idea what the hell you did' thing, or do something different this time, though >.> (note, I have zero experience with Daggerfall and Arena, so I dunno how those ones started)

Better voice acting would be a godsend - the ones we had in Oblivion were good, yes, but not that varied, considering they had twp voices for each race (one per gender), and additional voice actors for essential characters (some, anyway, plus they reused the same actors for some I believe). Sheogorath was epic, though - loved his accent.

Bringing back a number of guilds (and questlines) similar to that in Morrowind would also be nice - I enjoyed the various different paths I could take with the different Houses in particular. And sidequests. Lots more sidequests.

More caves (and not being cut/pasted ones) would be nice. I'm unsure if they should keep the Oblivion style spawning of enemies/loot, or do something similar to what we had in Morrowind (guaranteed rare loot if you know where to look, ebony shortsword south of Balmora I'm looking at you >_>) and having some areas (like Daedric ruins) guaranteed spawning of things way too difficult for you to just rush in from the start of the game. Or maybe a mix of the two, I dunno. The only thing I know I'd like changed is something to prevent farming of super high end gear (Temple of the Ancestor Moths and rings, for instance). I did that and lost interest pretty fast when nothing could kill me because of 100%+ reflect damage >.>

Anyway, enough rambling. Really looking forward to this, though.

Link_Olaran.png

I enjoyed Oblivion, not quite as much as Morrowind but I did enjoy it. A bigger, more diverse playing area would be nice. Not really all that big of a deal if they do a sequel to Oblivion's story or not, I didn't think that either game really had a good main story. It was kind of just there.

Oblivion needed a lot of fixing in regards to gameplay levelling wise. They did better with F3.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Things it needs to improve on from Oblivion:

1. More voices.

2. More fantasy-y.

3. More varied dungeons.

Anyways, I have Morrowind, but don't really play it. The world is better, but the combat sucks, which ruins it for me. The outdated graphics are a little distracting, too.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I'd love to see some improvements on the combat department. In oblivion, most of the time you'd be W+M1'ing and strafing while slashing. Anyone here played Dark Messiah of Might and Magic? IMO, that game was the peak of first person medieval combat. Mix that with Mount & Blade's combat, and it would be perfect.

Also, no more telepathic guards! I was just checking out that spoon, I swear I was gonna leave it right back there, dammit!

16185_s.gif

I loved raiding caves too, but I'd like a lot more variety in them too. After a while, you notice all of the same rooms and tunnels, just routed differently. I've read fake articles too, but the only reason I posted this is because it was on the UESP Wiki, http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page, which is a pretty reputable site. I know random people can edit it like Wikipedia, but still...

The caves and such are built that way because they're all made with the same pieces. It makes making the dungeons pretty easy, for them and for modders. [relevant]

As for telepathic guards... Mods fix that apparently.

As the wiki itself recommends, I'm taking it with a grain of salt until they announce more.

I'd love some more varied traps and puzzles in caves and dungeons. Fighting is fun, but after fighting for so long it gets tedious. Some good horse combat would be nice too.

I don't think there is much to change in the core of the game though. Most changes I think will be aesthetically, such as voice acting, graphics, cave models and textures and the like. The core mechanics of Oblivion were incredibly solid.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

They need to fix this. This happened ALL OF THE TIME.

Picture has ONE swear word.

[hide]799236285c1729jev2s5e7b91488.jpg[/hide]

Sometimes there would be more of my allies' corpses on a battlefield than enemies due to me because my allies decide to forget ALL about the daemon clawing at them, and focus instead on me.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I never used followers in Morrowind, Oblivion or Fallout 3. They are just too much trouble.

At least the Oblivion ones are immortal, for the most part.

[hide]366236102331468large735.jpg[/hide]

16185_s.gif

I love pushing the adoring fan off the highest things you can find.

It's practically a past time.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!