A thread about something nice

Shiny

I believe that if your aren't going to tip, then order a carryout pizza.

Then uh, get a new job? If you expect to get paid more get a better job. See, that's the bad attitude: workers expecting to get tipped. No, god damnit, you get paid to deliver/serve food and I pay for the food. End of story.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, no. Tips are pretty much standard, maybe 40 years ago tips might have been a maybe. But Ihop people get paid less per hour, and it's legal. They NEED tips. I don't mean to sound so rude and .... well, rude but: don't be such a douche. :\ It's just two dollars more. That's it.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Yeah, the employer subtracts the projected tip from the salary, so by not paying a for delivery you're denying the poor guy his salary. It's bad enough he has to drive around smelling pizza all day and not eat any of it.

I found this a while ago, read the stories on the side of it, some are hilarious.

http://tipthepizzaguy.com/

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I believe that if your aren't going to tip, then order a carryout pizza.

Then uh, get a new job? If you expect to get paid more get a better job. See, that's the bad attitude: workers expecting to get tipped. No, god damnit, you get paid to deliver/serve food and I pay for the food. End of story.

If you want to pay for only the food then order carryout. The money for gas and maitenence has to come from somewhere and if and when company cars become standard, the delivery fee is going to be way more than what a normal tip should be.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I tipped the pizza delivery man $3.50.

Tips. :evil: They're like interest on food.

Personally, I don't tip delivery people here. The place I get my pizza from charges a three dollar delivery fee, so in reality, no tip is necessary. Even if there weren't a delivery fee, I still wouldn't pay them -- not because I don't respect them for being paid to drive to my house, but because I'm not forced to tip them. Pizza is pizza, and I really don't care if the person who delivers it doesn't like me.

I hope you don't order from the same place often

I tipped the pizza delivery man $3.50.

Tips. :evil: They're like interest on food.

Personally, I don't tip delivery people here. The place I get my pizza from charges a three dollar delivery fee, so in reality, no tip is necessary. Even if there weren't a delivery fee, I still wouldn't pay them -- not because I don't respect them for being paid to drive to my house, but because I'm not forced to tip them. Pizza is pizza, and I really don't care if the person who delivers it doesn't like me.

Uh oh, we got ourselves a Mr. Pink here.

Then get another job. It's not like a professional position where you have to go back to school for so many years and climb back up; go work in the retail industry as a cashier.

Tips shouldn't be standard, that is what I'm saying.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Then get another job. It's not like a professional position where you have to go back to school for so many years and climb back up; go work in the retail industry as a cashier.

The alternative is paying a higher price to the company so they can pay their employees. You wouldn't be saving money.

The alternative is paying a higher price to the company so they can pay their employees. You wouldn't be saving money.

No matter. As long as I don't pay a *tip*. Its the considering a *tip* that irridates me. If a customer at a Wal-Mart doesn't pay the extra 3 bucks for her purchase, the clerk isn't gonna be "Oh hell no you [bleep] didn't pay mah tip" it'll be a "O lols these trolls are funnah"

siggy3s.jpg

No matter. As long as I don't pay a *tip*. Its the considering a *tip* that irridates me. If a customer at a Wal-Mart doesn't pay the extra 3 bucks for her purchase, the clerk isn't gonna be "Oh hell no you [bleep] didn't pay mah tip" it'll be a "O lols these trolls are funnah"

You don't like feeling like you're required to do something nice, and would rather have it be part of something less personal?

You don't like feeling like you're required to do something nice, and would rather have it be part of something less personal?

Yes.

Business and money transactions are never personal and 'friendly'. It would make me feel better if I can just get to the store, buy my garbage, and get out without all these "customer friend" staff. Answer my questions but other than that, leave me alone.

siggy3s.jpg

As a minimum-wage employee whose pay is significantly helped by tips, I'd have to say that I definitely disagree with you Nick. Tips make my day :3 A good tip day can increase my $7.25/hour up to $8-9. And that's fantastic.

Also, you're tipping for the service. If you thought the employee was friendly and efficient and made your transaction an enjoyable one, it's a kind gesture to let them know that you appreciate their service.

wl7w9j.png

I think it's a pretty unnecessary job. I'd rather give my order to the chef and bring it to the table myself to save money.

At the same time though, I am philanthropic at heart and will allow society to walk over me to some extent. That is until the line is crossed, then I will get retribution in the name of society's dignity. I ordered a plate of chicken at a Walmart once and it was cold and intolerably disgusting (I'm talking inedible in my terms, which is hard to achieve - plus their chicken is usually not that bad!). It was easily one of the most unpleasant meals I've ever had. I threw it in the garbage and left. The moral thing to do in my opinion. You shouldn't get away with serving people that crap and getting paid for it.

Business and money transactions are never personal and 'friendly'. It would make me feel better if I can just get to the store, buy my garbage, and get out without all these "customer friend" staff. Answer my questions but other than that, leave me alone.

I actually feel less comfortable when a stranger greets me at the door and asks how I'm doing. I hate superficial manners.

But anyway... I made breakfast and lunch for my family today and plan on making it a common thing. Besides, I actually kinda enjoy cooking.

As a minimum-wage employee whose pay is significantly helped by tips, I'd have to say that I definitely disagree with you Nick. Tips make my day :3 A good tip day can increase my $7.25/hour up to $8-9. And that's fantastic.

See, you're being greedy. A general argument of tip-receivers, is that the customer is a greedy, self-centered [wagon]. Well so are you! :mrgreen:

No lie, I wouldn't hate restaurant tips so much if I can tip the chef. It'll still be pointless, but I seriously feel the chef is a lot more important than the server.

siggy3s.jpg

See, you're being greedy. A general argument of tip-receivers, is that the customer is a greedy, self-centered [wagon]. Well so are you! :mrgreen:

No lie, I wouldn't hate restaurant tips so much if I can tip the chef. It'll still be pointless, but I seriously feel the chef is a lot more important than the server.

The chef actually gets paid decently, as he can be evaluated by the manager. The point of tipping the waiter is that it allows you, the customer, to evaluate how he works.

I was in Washington DC this past weekend. After doing some sight seeing me and my girl friend went to a cafe. As we was walking we both noticed a women pushing a baby carriage around with a beautiful baby boy in it. We both said hello and kept walking. Up the street I noticed a tiny shoe. I picked it up and ran back to find the women. Lucky I found her and returned the show to her. As I walked back, I noticed a little sock...and so I did the same same. I like to think of my self as generally being a nice guy. I'm not perfect, but I'm nicer then a lot of people I know.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I planned and promoted an annual outwear drive for the homeless I do for this Saturday and this year I'm estimating a couple thousand jackets.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

I hold the door for people as well if I see them coming through after me, just seems impolite to me not to do that. But I have indeed found that I find it annoying when I don't get a 'thank you' in return. I'm pretty sure it's not because I want to get thanked for a supposed 'good deed', but because I feel that the other person does not display the same kind of common courtesy.

Similarily, I was in the bus last week, all packed with like a million students. Now, I got in the bust very fast and seated myself on one of those XL seats for people with a disability or just random fat arses. Then this old lady came in, barely able to reach for one of the standing poles, let alone hang on to one of them the way the busdrivers usually drive. So, I did what I felt was only normal and gave the lady my seat.

I don't do this to be thanked, it's just the way I'd like to be treated one day when I'm old and haunchbacked.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at a carol by candlelight evening with my friend a week or so back and they were giving out fake candles and most of them were orange but a few people got ones that changed colour, like me. I saw this little boy crying to his mum who was trying to have a conversation, because he didn't get a coloured one. So I go up to him and ask if he'd like to swap. He stops crying and nods so I say "You can have this one if you promise to be good for your mum. Okay?" He agreed and I walked away and looked back and he was staring after me. Kind of cute.

We'll sneak out while they sleep

And sail off in the night.

We'll come clean and start over the rest of our lives.

When we're gone, we'll stay gone.

Out of sight, out of mind.

It's not too late,

We have the rest of our lives.

* Forum.Tip.It

* » General Discussions

* » Off-Topic

* » A thread about something nice

You.

:3

And fine, a story. Well, my cousins whose mother, my aunt, recently died of breast cancer came over, they looked happy and not as down as they were before. It made me happy to see them recovering from the loss, really. :3

discoshazamsig-1.png