A thread about something nice

Shiny

Neither do I, I wasn't arguing that part of the sentence, merely the fact they tend to not say thank you.

This is OT. Everything is an argument. Also your ugly

teehee

On a thread about kindness, no less.

frog.gif

You dare to blemish the sanctity of the Nice Thread?

[spoiler=Balance Is Now Restored (courtesy of Ruerin and the search button)]

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, people think I'm crazy for doing this, and it has been a little unnerving in the past, but every so often when I'm driving and see a homeless person, I'll drive to the nearest store/grocery store, buy a few goodies (trail mix, bottled water, Gatorade, etc.) and drive back and give it to the homeless person.

One time, I did this near our Target store, but by the time I got back to the corner he was at, he had left... I then spent the next 30 minutes driving around town looking for him, WHICH, I'm happy to say... I eventually did find him again!! I think I freaked him out because I pulled my car over and shouted "I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU!!" out of my window at him...

I've also (this has been the scary part, haha) let a few homeless people into the back seat of my car before... I drove through Taco Bell one night for this homeless lady trying to order food at the drive-thru, and I drove these homeless brother and sister through McDonald's, bought them each a burger, fries and shake, and then drove them to their next "pit stop."

I don't know... like I said, it is maybe a little insane of me, but it makes me feel really, really good, knowing that I genuinely helped someone in need.

I have to thank you. Today at school we had to do mock state testing and the prompt for the essay was "Write about a time when you helped someone." I used your post and made up a 2 and a half page story about finding some homeless guy and buying him food.

Thanks Serpent

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Well, people think I'm crazy for doing this, and it has been a little unnerving in the past, but every so often when I'm driving and see a homeless person, I'll drive to the nearest store/grocery store, buy a few goodies (trail mix, bottled water, Gatorade, etc.) and drive back and give it to the homeless person.

One time, I did this near our Target store, but by the time I got back to the corner he was at, he had left... I then spent the next 30 minutes driving around town looking for him, WHICH, I'm happy to say... I eventually did find him again!! I think I freaked him out because I pulled my car over and shouted "I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU!!" out of my window at him...

I've also (this has been the scary part, haha) let a few homeless people into the back seat of my car before... I drove through Taco Bell one night for this homeless lady trying to order food at the drive-thru, and I drove these homeless brother and sister through McDonald's, bought them each a burger, fries and shake, and then drove them to their next "pit stop."

I don't know... like I said, it is maybe a little insane of me, but it makes me feel really, really good, knowing that I genuinely helped someone in need.

I have to thank you. Today at school we had to do mock state testing and the prompt for the essay was "Write about a time when you helped someone." I used your post and made up a 2 and a half page story about finding some homeless guy and buying him food.

Thanks Serpent

hahahahaha

77yLQy8.png

So, we're supposed to discuss something nice?

Well, last...Saturday, I was at a buddie's house, with another friend. They started drinking (I didn't, because I don't like that thing...Blah blah blah, no fun, killjoy, ect...Anyways...) and got fairly drunk. I ended up taking away their drinks, hiding them, taking away their cell phones (because one of them was about to drunk text and break up with his girlfriend). Then they wanted pancakes, so I cooked some for them, because they were about to cook over a gas stove, something I don't think is safe unless you're sober. Then at about 3.30 AM I sent them off to bed, because I was tired, and didn't want to babysit them any more.

I think that's my "nice" deed for the week.

Oh, offtopic is also quite nice. I've learned lots from it. And it has kept me busy, and entertained. So, thank you offtopic. :thumbup:

I held a door open for many people to pass through. It's nice just hearing 'thankyou' since these small acts of common courtesy don't seem very common nowadays.

This.

I second this notion. If someone is behind me when I open a door, I'll usually hold it open for them, if only out of habit.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Thanks Serpent

Edit: This was Friday, not today.

We had a mock standardized exam. I was forced to take one on Biology (almost three years after my last Bio class, I might add). I didn't know anything, so I filled in random answers. On the essay, I traced a deer that was on the other side of the page.

All in all, good day. I'm pretty sure that wasting two hours after school to be forced to take that exam (and then not complaining) was a nice enough act in itself.

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

Thanks Serpent

You could help someone else out by paying me the 10% royalties you owe me for using my idea!

Jk, yw.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Whats 10% royalties on an essay? 3 sentences, hmmm, I mean, ok.

3 sentences for ya.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

No no, I took 7 out of that 10% as my payment for doing the math. Also you write freaking huge, for real. And in Aussie land everything is bigger... So there you go.

Btw: what a stupid essay prompt.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Told a girl I would consider dating her since she was running herself down. Though maybe that was just me getting played.. it's hard to tell with you tricky women. I took it as legit. :unsure:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I don't think I've done anything nice for anyone that I can remember, but then again I havn't done anything bad to anyone either so maybe that counts..

Doomy edit: I like sheep

I don't think of myself being an evil bastard, so surely I've done something nice some time.

I do hold the door open, and allow the ladies to go past before me, so I can say that. :3

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I tipped the pizza delivery man $3.50.

Tips. :evil: They're like interest on food.

Personally, I don't tip delivery people here. The place I get my pizza from charges a three dollar delivery fee, so in reality, no tip is necessary. Even if there weren't a delivery fee, I still wouldn't pay them -- not because I don't respect them for being paid to drive to my house, but because I'm not forced to tip them. Pizza is pizza, and I really don't care if the person who delivers it doesn't like me.

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

i gave 50 cents to the salvation army today.

Personally, I don't tip delivery people here. The place I get my pizza from charges a three dollar delivery fee, so in reality, no tip is necessary. Even if there weren't a delivery fee, I still wouldn't pay them -- not because I don't respect them for being paid to drive to my house, but because I'm not forced to tip them. Pizza is pizza, and I really don't care if the person who delivers it doesn't like me.

You are doing it wrong. Please refer to the thread title for more information.

I always tip extra and occasionally let random people keep the change. For example, buying a pack of mints for 85c, who wants to carry around 15c in his pocket for the rest of the day? Or, after going to a barber at 4:45 when they close at 5, give a 6$ tip on a 14$ haircut. Who cares? It's just a little bit of money, and they appreciate it more than I miss it.

The tip isn't just spending money for the weekend. Most delivery drivers have to drive their own car so they have to pay for gas and maitenence themselves. The delivery fee is also just a ploy to earn the company more money. If the driver gets any share of the delivery fee, it's a crap deal. Personally, I believe that if your aren't going to tip, then order a carryout pizza.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I try to hold doors open for people. But it's a little awkward when they're a few seconds away, but not too far away that if you didn't hold it open you'd seem rude. I usually hold it open anyways, just so I don't seem rude.

:thumbdown:

You do know they get none of that delivery fee? None of it.

And they aren't reimbursed for gas 99% of the time, and they are legally allowed to be paid up to $4 less than min wage while they are driving.

You didn't have to get up and get dressed and drive out to get food, they brought it to you. It's insensitive.

I usually tip 20-30%