The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

sephiroth_king

Comparing preorders for games with a months' difference in the release is probably safer than comparing sales figures between a game that sold ~7 million copies across three systems and five years to one that sold 6 million copies on one system in three years. :razz:

The Gears franchise is bigger because it's more or less the main 360 exclusive. And a quick look at the Wiki reveals that it sold 3 million copies in its first week, 1 million more than Gears 2.

I'm talking about Gears 2 and Oblivion because we can't compare the sales of Gears 3 and Skyrim yet. Oblivion sold more than Gears 2. Who cares if it's across more platforms or not. You can say Gears is bigger on 360 than The Elder Scrolls is on 360, but not in total. Oblivion sold more overall. Those 2 extra years it's been out hardly affect the total amount of sales.

Again, I'm talking pure numbers here. Not about reasons behind those numbers, because most of them they are irrelevant.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

Will Skyrim's melee combat be a lot better than Oblivion's? I never went melee in that game because it was too stiff. After playing some other melee-styled games, the melee is sort-of unplayable now. :lol:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

How is the fact that Oblivion is available across three systems irrelevant?

Plus, during those two years, it was released on the PS3, and as a GOTY edition.

Because a store doesn't care on which platforms it sells.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

I think for a game to get a midnight release at gamestop is determined by how many pre-orders there are. At least that's how I think it works. I asked a friend who is a manager at gamestop and she said they were having one.

I still need to pay off Skyrim, I only 15$ on it at the moment :mellow:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

How is the fact that Oblivion is available across three systems irrelevant?

Plus, during those two years, it was released on the PS3, and as a GOTY edition.

Because a store doesn't care on which platforms it sells.

But the customers do, and each console (and the PC) are a MASSIVE market you're adding to your game.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Will Skyrim's melee combat be a lot better than Oblivion's? I never went melee in that game because it was too stiff. After playing some other melee-styled games, the melee is sort-of unplayable now. :lol:

It's supposedly visceral and meaty. Instead of your weapon just slashing back and forth, it will actually recoil off of armor and catch on brain matter.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

If it still looks like the maps shown here http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Skyrim , not really.

Unless it's the entire map (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/File:TamrielMap.jpg), where it could probably pass for the eastern continent... :-k

Plus, you have dragons returning and a lot of focus on the northern province, so maybe.

If Alduin's Wall is 700 feet high and has monsters behind it, then somebody's getting sued :razz:

Elder Scrolls: Arena the game (had the entirety of Tamriel mapped out already) came out before A Game of Thrones the book, though it is possible Martin had the map of Westeros drawn before Arena. Probably not all the lands in the east yet though.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I took off work the 14th and 15th (Monday and Tuesday) after it comes out, with release date shipping from amazon. Just ordered my video card two days ago, that should be in soon. Just ordered a new mechanical keyboard yesterday, that should also be in soon.

Yeah, I am ready for it :).

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The game is not 90% paid off for me. I shall pay it off once I get paid on Tuesday. So excited for it :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

No school because of Veterans Day on Friday <3: 1) Thursday will be the longest school day OF MY LIFE. 2) Friday morning will also be the longest day OF MY LIFE P.S. - I bought the collectors edition. Who else pre-ordered it?

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48

Less then a week and I couldn't be more excited. Picking it up first thing Friday morning at bestbuy!

Same :D Coming home from college at lunch just for it haha. Taking my xbox to a friends and we're both camping there with our 360's overdosing on energy drinks, pringles and dying of sleep deprevation. :thumbsup:

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png