The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

sephiroth_king

@Sprint, I believe that is the Skyrim equivalent to a Random Event; for example I'm sure while exploring you've come across treasure hunters or hunters who are trying to slaughter a deer.

And in relation to the dragons; most dragons have resistance to fire however frost dragons (Identified as they destroy you with their ice breath) are indeed quite weak to fire, as pointed out!

There are a few which seem not to have any weaknesses though I've found that Frostspider poison is quite effective against them as even if they take off after you melee them or you hit them with a bow while they're still flying, you still damage them a bit

Anybody figured out the Werewolf stuff yet? Hearing that you can't get any disease if you're a Lycan!

There are many types of dragons. Fire (normal), Ancient (really freaking hard), Frost, Blood, Black, and Green (which can corrupt animals to make them attack you). I've found most dragons to be pretty easy if you just strafe their head and attack their sides. Being a werewolf is pretty sweet, since you can just howl and chase down anyone running away. And yes, you are 100% immune to disease when you become one.

I had a run in with some giants when I was level 5 (level 20 now, haven't even gotten that one guy's horn from his tomb or whatever yet) that was pretty funny. I shot an arrow into one's face, THEN decided to save just as he started running towards me (bad bad idea) since I thought I would have enough time to run if things went south... they did. He stepped on me, died. Reloaded, sent my flying with his club, twice. Fourth time, I managed to sprint by, and started running. Out of nowhere, a second giant appears, and so does a sabre cat. Ran for my life towards Whiterun (I was just west of there I think), and hid in the moat at the entrance of the town. It was short enough that they couldn't get me, and I just filled them with arrows :thumbup:

Does anyone know if there is a level cap?

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

@Sprint, I believe that is the Skyrim equivalent to a Random Event; for example I'm sure while exploring you've come across treasure hunters or hunters who are trying to slaughter a deer.

And in relation to the dragons; most dragons have resistance to fire however frost dragons (Identified as they destroy you with their ice breath) are indeed quite weak to fire, as pointed out!

There are a few which seem not to have any weaknesses though I've found that Frostspider poison is quite effective against them as even if they take off after you melee them or you hit them with a bow while they're still flying, you still damage them a bit

Anybody figured out the Werewolf stuff yet? Hearing that you can't get any disease if you're a Lycan!

There are many types of dragons. Fire (normal), Ancient (really freaking hard), Frost, Blood, Black, and Green (which can corrupt animals to make them attack you). I've found most dragons to be pretty easy if you just strafe their head and attack their sides. Being a werewolf is pretty sweet, since you can just howl and chase down anyone running away. And yes, you are 100% immune to disease when you become one.

I had a run in with some giants when I was level 5 (level 20 now, haven't even gotten that one guy's horn from his tomb or whatever yet) that was pretty funny. I shot an arrow into one's face, THEN decided to save just as he started running towards me (bad bad idea) since I thought I would have enough time to run if things went south... they did. He stepped on me, died. Reloaded, sent my flying with his club, twice. Fourth time, I managed to sprint by, and started running. Out of nowhere, a second giant appears, and so does a sabre cat. Ran for my life towards Whiterun (I was just west of there I think), and hid in the moat at the entrance of the town. It was short enough that they couldn't get me, and I just filled them with arrows :thumbup:

Does anyone know if there is a level cap?

Steam has an achievement for getting level 50, so atleast 50 I guess.

So, oddly enough, I was walking by an npc and he talked to me, and I actually found it useful. He mentioned Azura's shrine and it was added to my map, Azura's star is one of the rare items that i'll stop whatever i'm doing to go out of my way to get. And so far they haven't asked me to give it up in this game.

Does this game have unique monsters like Morrowind had?

One of my biggest gripes with Oblivion was that it was generic fantasy. None of the monsters were unique.

Uhh, maybe there's a way to revive them using necromancy or something in the Conjuration tree. Other than that, I think they're dead, Jim.

Also, dragon priests are level 50? No wonder I had difficulties at level 15 against one.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

How do you get your follower back if they die?

Unless you want to temporarily reanimate their corpse, you can't. Fact: followers only die if YOU kill them.

How did you kill Morokei?

I've killed 2 priests so far. One of them had a safespot and the other one was glitched and kept bumping into a wall.

priest_wiz.png

Dragon Priests? Is this something far into the main quest because I've clocked in 30 hours of gameplay or so and haven't encountered one yet, but i've been doing the side guilds and stuff. Is there actually a legit fighter's guild in this game? Closest seems to be the Companions.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Dragon Priests? Is this something far into the main quest because I've clocked in 30 hours of gameplay or so and haven't encountered one yet, but i've been doing the side guilds and stuff. Is there actually a legit fighter's guild in this game? Closest seems to be the Companions.

No fighters guild Companions has replaced it but the Circle seems pretty cool and if being a werewolf is as fun as it was in Bloodmoon..

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

I just made my way over to that city that's built into the mountain, place is creepy.. Along the way there from Solitude I encountered two dragons at Dragontooth Crator, which was pretty epic. First time fighting two dragons at once, except I stored about 9 dragon scales in one of the dragons because I was overweight but when I came back to retrieve the scales the dragon's skeleton had disappeared. Kind of upset about it cause it would have been a good 1k of gold. Also found the Lover's guardian stone that boasts all your skills. :thumbup:

Anyone have any good methods of earning money? So far I've been making most of my gold off dragons and quests.

tFtfA.jpg

I'm about half way done with the main quest. So I'm going to stop here and try to discover all the main towns and what not. Once that happens I plan on joining a guild. I don't know which one yet but I'm sure I'll find one.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Anyone know a shop that has a high amount of gold? Getting kinda annoying having to wait 48 hours like 5 times everytime I wanna sell off all my loot from 1 quest.

Yeah having this problem too. I'm still using the shop in Riverwood, he only has 750g :(

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

There's one you have to fight at the very end, like after that priest there's one quest left. The others are optional, and there's like 8 IIRC.

[hide]Also, there's one you have to fight at the end of the Mage's Guild/College plotline, and he's stupidly hard. As in unless you're maxed out, you can count on him killing you in two hits. Also, don't try to summon anything against him. He just uses some spell to gain control of it and try to kill you with it as well.[/hide]

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Anyone know a shop that has a high amount of gold? Getting kinda annoying having to wait 48 hours like 5 times everytime I wanna sell off all my loot from 1 quest.

If you just rotate fast traveling between Riverwood, Whiterun, Riften, and Windfall (maybe some other places, but that's where I go) you should be able to sell your stuff fairly quickly. And the time it takes to travel should help with that problem.

Almost done with the Thieves Guild I believe :thumbup:

If you just rotate fast traveling between Riverwood, Whiterun, Riften, and Windfall (maybe some other places, but that's where I go) you should be able to sell your stuff fairly quickly. And the time it takes to travel should help with that problem.

Yeah i've been doing that, was hoping there'd be at least one store with a few thousand coins though.

Yeah i've been doing that, was hoping there'd be at least one store with a few thousand coins though.

There is a perk in Speechcraft that lets you invest 500 gold permanently to increase their buying capacity. And at level 100, another perk that makes it so all shops everywhere have an extra 1000 gold.

Smithing makes this game so much easier. Skyforge Steel Waraxe at Epic level does 65 damage for me right now. Granted, I have three points in the first One Handed perk, and a ring that gives 20% extra damage, but still. Friggin' sweet. :thumbup: Can't wait to make dragon armor. Almost able to make ebony.

There is a perk in Speechcraft that lets you invest 500 gold permanently to increase their buying capacity. And at level 100, another perk that makes it so all shops everywhere have an extra 1000 gold.

Pretty sweet, but it'll no doubt take me a long ass time to get to that level.

There's one you have to fight at the very end, like after that priest there's one quest left. The others are optional, and there's like 8 IIRC.

[hide]Also, there's one you have to fight at the end of the Mage's Guild/College plotline, and he's stupidly hard. As in unless you're maxed out, you can count on him killing you in two hits. Also, don't try to summon anything against him. He just uses some spell to gain control of it and try to kill you with it as well.[/hide]

I assumed those were liches in this game, since they looked like liches did in oblivion.

Really quite livid at the moment. I bought Skyrim with my own damned money and my dad insists on playing it all day until three o clock in the [bleep]ing morning and asking me retarded questions even though he's farther into the game than me because he won't let my play my own [bleep]ing game. He's the kind of lazy [wagon] that everyone hates that constantly demands other people to do simple shit for him (including googling...) because his inferiority complex prevents him from trying to do anything himself without other people holding his [bleep]ing hand. A masterpiece like Skyrim is absolutely WASTED on someone like him...

...Anyway, DLing Skyrim for PC at them moment. There are a couple of ports for the mac as it turns out. Hopefully it won't be buggy as hell / run even slower than it does on the PS3. At least I'll have my mods...