The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

sephiroth_king

So the mac wrapper works rather well, except for the random freezing and a tad of lag... hopefully this windowed mode mod I found will work so I don't have to restart the damned computer after every freeze. (CMD+Q and CMD+TAB didn't work for shit).

Could you tell how you got this to work? I'd love to know!

2s0cxth.png

The forum post I got it from is here: http://forum.portingteam.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9348

However since that forum requires registration to access that link I'll just link directly to the mediafire download for the cider port: http://forum.portingteam.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9348

You actually need to install skyrim on a PC and then copy the contents of Skyrim's program files folder to the corresponding folder inside the package (right click -> show package contents on the executable). I found a torrent for mac using a different wrapper with the files already installed. That wrapper didn't work at all. I just moved the files to the cider wrapper.

By the way windowed mode doesn't appear to work at all. Very unfortunate because every freeze means restarting the computer...

Also I just realized that Skyrim's NPCs are just as stupid as Oblivion's. Maybe even stupider. You can actually pick up pots and put it on their heads and steal stuff right in front of them. If that doesn't work, just pick up the desired item, throw it into another room, and just quickly close the door and pick it up. Shopkeepers will actively be keeping an eye on you and follow you, but if you're fast enough it won't matter. Makes being a theif kind of boring.

I'm powerleveling smithing as we speak. I kept selling all my dragon stuff though so I don't have the mats to make the armour :(

Not like there wont be lots more dragons.

I already finished the main quest, I haven't seen nearly as many recently :(

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I'm powerleveling smithing as we speak. I kept selling all my dragon stuff though so I don't have the mats to make the armour :(

I run into lots and lots of dragons, but I suppose you could have not as many, since they're a random amount. But i'm sure there's more than 4 in your world.

I run into lots and lots of dragons, but I suppose you could have not as many, since they're a random amount. But i'm sure there's more than 4 in your world.

I found two last night, I've probably killed ten total now.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

So there are still dragons after the main story? Awesome. You could try searching for the dragon burial mounds. There should be dragons flying around those.

Also, if you're going after dragon priests, they always use magic to fight you. So bring some resist shock/freeze/fire potions and equipment along.

priest_wiz.png

So i've been doing the mage guild quests and, it turns out Arcano is........ EVIL!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdhhQhqi_AE

But besides things that i've had pinned down since I first starting playing Skyrim I got to the quest where Arcano (It's so transparent btw so I dont consider it to be a spoiler) reveals he is evil, and he makes those magic things pop up in town, and one got stuck in a wall. After looking for it for a few minutes I used detect life (Thankfully I have a shout for it, as i've yet to see an actual detect life spell in this game) to see where it was, after looking around that area I turned off clipping (Still console command TCL) and went through the wall and there it was. How exactly are you supposed to get around that on console versions?

Anyway i'm noticing they're trying to really pull off a harry potter thing with the mages guild questline in Skyrim. Also there was a quest I did where I went up a staircase and it looked exactly like Ganon's tower in OoT, it was a nice little shoutout.

Also i'm enchatning 80 now, which mean my enchantments are 100% stronger. On armor they're pretty weak compared to mages robes, i'm guessing that's to keep mages from wearing full suits of armor. But I still have that extra effect at lvl 100 to look forward to, though it seems there are no master trainers in Skyrim, after 75 it's all grinding.

I think I finally got over my fear of spiders in the game. I dealt with 4 of them in one cave and I only cringed a little bit. Hopefully my fear will continue to go down

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

So I picked up a couple of books earlier ingame.

The first one was the oblivion crisis, basically retelling the events of the main story of oblivion. So you went down in history as the hero of Kvatch and the savior of Bruma. And of course, after those events, you seemed to just fall off the face of Tamriel, as expected.

[spoiler=Main story spoilers]The second one was called Alduin/Akatosh transcribe. I haven't read all of it but the first page really jumped out at me. The nordish name for Akatosh is Alduin, and you defeat Alduin on the main story as the final boss. So you really did just kill, not only god, but the most powerful of the gods. I hope there will be some DLC that plays around with this idea.

EVERYONE DO THIS RIGHT NOW.

Go to Riften or Riverwood and hit up the Inn, and try looking for a dude by the name of Sam Guevenne. That quest is the best thing ever about this game.

Also Sprint, you should up Alchemy to a pretty high level, then make potions that fortify Enchantment for a bit. Then while under that effect, make some awesome gear that fortifies Alchemy. Repeat this to make even better potions that fortify Enchantment, then better Fortify Alchemy gear, etc.

It's an infinite loop that utterly breaks the game. Why is my bow doing 63000 damage a shot?

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

EVERYONE DO THIS RIGHT NOW.

Go to Riften or Riverwood and hit up the Inn, and try looking for a dude by the name of Sam Guevenne. That quest is the best thing ever about this game.

Also Sprint, you should up Alchemy to a pretty high level, then make potions that fortify Enchantment for a bit. Then while under that effect, make some awesome gear that fortifies Alchemy. Repeat this to make even better potions that fortify Enchantment, then better Fortify Alchemy gear, etc.

It's an infinite loop that utterly breaks the game. Why is my bow doing 63000 damage a shot?

I don't think it works that way...

At level 70 I was able to get enchater lvl 4, which made my enchantments 80% better, so I could enchant a health drain on to a weapon for 16 points.

At level 80 I got enchanter lvl 5, which made my enchantments 100% better, which translated into 18 points of drain health damage. It doesn't change as you go up levels. Also low damage because i'm not using grand soul gems to grind enchanting.

My Daedric sword does 125 points of damage now :grin: Dragon armor is nice, but I'd have Daedric if I could find any Daedra hearts (only managed to get two hearts from the Azura quest, since I killed the guy pretty quickly. One heart went into the sword, the other to a guy in Markarth that gave me an ebony shield -.-) Found and ring and necklace that increase my smithing abilities 15% and 17% respectively, coupled with 100 smithing and a potion that gives +50% smithing abilities for a bit... godlike weapons and armor. :thumbup:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Ah. That's fine then. Didn't really want to cheat anyway. Ruins the experience. Like if that "infinite loop" thing up above actually worked.

Not that my sword that one-two hits people is overpowered as it is anyway, but...

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!