The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

sephiroth_king

If it's your game just take it? Jeez..

That's a great idea. Why didn't I think of that. Taking something from an unstable bipolar always ends well.

Seriously last time I tried that the thing got broken in a fit of rage. And I made him do it, of course. Easier just to download it.

Joined the theives guild and bought a house. I said I wouldn't hoard stuff like I did in oblivion but the chest and wardrobe in my house is stuffed with crap I can't bring myself to drop or sell lol.

Also killed my first random dragon with the help of a couple of giants who then turned on me once the dragon was dealt with. Not done much of the main quest as I'm having a blast just running about finding places and stealing stuff.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I can't wait to get the Dragon Shout to knock dragons out of the sky. Means I can do so then wait for my horse to rip them to shreds whilst not giving a [bleep].

Thinking of getting this game, should I go for xbox 360 or pc?

PC. When people make mods for it...you'll be sorry for going Xbox.

There's already nude mods.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I can't wait to get the Dragon Shout to knock dragons out of the sky. Means I can do so then wait for my horse to rip them to shreds whilst not giving a [bleep].

Thinking of getting this game, should I go for xbox 360 or pc?

PC. When people make mods for it...you'll be sorry for going Xbox.

There's already nude mods.

Damn they're fast, but will probably be required for some mods anyway. In oblivion I had to get HGEC to use a race pack mod for some reason, they were nice races too.

I wanted to look earlier, apperently there's a skyrimnexus. So Morrowwind and Oblivion mods are both on TESnexus, why couldn't skyrim use the same site?

Damn they're fast, but will probably be required for some mods anyway. In oblivion I had to get HGEC to use a race pack mod for some reason, they were nice races too.

I wanted to look earlier, apperently there's a skyrimnexus. So Morrowwind and Oblivion mods are both on TESnexus, why couldn't skyrim use the same site?

Probably for the same reason that there are separate Fallout 3 and New Vegas sites. And probably so that any new Oblivion mods won't get drowned out by the Skyrim ones.

So I asked this on another forum, but what's the first thing you guys noticed about skyrim that stood out? Good or bad.

For me it was the water texture, that's the most impressive water texture i've ever seen in a game.

Already level 31. Leveling up is really easy. I REALLY hope there isn't a level cap.

Currently level 82 smithing. Ebony armor is pretty badass, especially at legendary quality. Easiest way to level it up is buy all of a smith's steel and iron ingots and make steel plates, and then iron plates with whatever you have left. Really fast for some reason.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Already level 31. Leveling up is really easy. I REALLY hope there isn't a level cap.

Currently level 82 smithing. Ebony armor is pretty badass, especially at legendary quality. Easiest way to level it up is buy all of a smith's steel and iron ingots and make steel plates, and then iron plates with whatever you have left. Really fast for some reason.

All craftable items give the same exp. Though you wont see me using a grand soul gem to train. Well maybe Azura's star.

All craftable items give the same exp. Though you wont see me using a grand soul gem to train. Well maybe Azura's star.

So it's best to just make thousands of iron daggers then?

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

I haven't trained smithing at all yet.

Man, there are some pretty funny glitches in this game. I got married, and Lydia from Whiterun was one of the bride's friends - yet I'd killed her by accident as she was my first follower. Her dead body showed up at the wedding and cancelled it lmao..

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

How do you even get married?

Talk to the priest dude in the riften pub (his name is malram or something), and buy an amulet of Mara. Then you'll be able to propose to certain women.

EDIT: http://www.gamefront.com/skyrim-marriage-guide/

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

So I found the mythic dawn quest, sadly, they are not in this game. It's just a lone guy trying to preserve history.

But I was disapointed with this quest. I've been away from this world for 200 years, I really want to know how my oblivion character went down in history. In terms of the main quests of oblivion I helped to defeat mehrunes dagon, and then I stepped into a mysterious portal and never came back out, while ascending to godhood, taking the place as the god of madness. Though the people of Tamriel don't know that last part. You'd think i'd atleast get a footnote. But more than that when the quest talked about the oblivion crisis, it never mentioned he was defeated. Martin was never mentioned, no Akatosh coming in to save the day, and it said that the mythic dawn successfully toppled the empire, killed all the heirs. So from that i'm gathering that in oblivion, you were meant to fail? You failed, Martin was killed, history was changed, Mehrunes Dagon came into Cyrodiil and [bleep]ed everything up. Talk about depressing.

Which goes with another thing I heard ingame, most everybody lives in Skyrim now, I can only assume Mehrunes Dagon destroyed Cyrodiil, a volcano erupted and covered morrowind is smoke, and for some reason most other races migrated as well.

So maybe Alduin had the right idea, the world seems like it's dying anyway, civil war, dragons returning (which Alduin returning was a sign of the end times anyway), massive devastation, volcanoes erupting, Skyrim apparently being one of the few, if not the only, hospitable place left. Maybe Alduin was trying to do us a mercy by killing us before things got much, much, much worse.

Stupid Bethesda, now I want to know what happened but there's no place to read it.

Started the thieves guild. Have to say I am rather enjoying it very much :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

What I was meaning is I want to see how in skyrim's history, Martin is talked about, and my oblivion character is talked about, Bethesda can do that without mentioning a name. But i'm more interested in the fact that neither were mentioned at all. Talking about the mythic dawn cult and the oblivion crisis, Martin and the oblivion hero were all tied together, you really can't talk about one without the other. I know Mehrunes Dagon did infact still enter Tamriel, I saw it on a loading screen. But was that all lost about what happened, when looking at Alduin's wall no one thought to record the events of the oblivion crisis?

Yup. Tried it, it's true. Iron daggers and leather bracers are the fastest, since they only take one iron ingot/leather and some leather strips. And is the cheapest way.

Daedric armor takes Daedra Hearts... and I have no idea where to get them <_< I just want the daggers/sword really. Going to wait until Dragon Armor to make the armor set.

Yup. Tried it, it's true. Iron daggers and leather bracers are the fastest, since they only take one iron ingot/leather and some leather strips. And is the cheapest way.

Daedric armor takes Daedra Hearts... and I have no idea where to get them <_< I just want the daggers/sword really. Going to wait until Dragon Armor to make the armor set.

You get Daedra hearts... from Daedra :-o When I got them I just ate them. To gain their courage. Rich, tasty, courage. I fought a few on the Azura's quest and a couple on Mehrunes quest (you get a letter about a museum opening up for that quest, same quest I was talking about earlier.) The trend seems too be you fight daedra on daedric prince's quests. Except sheogorath's, but he's awesome enough on his own. (Or she if you played a female character in oblivion, since Sheogorath alludes that he is the same person that was in oblivion.)

You get Daedra hearts... from Daedra :-o When I got them I just ate them. To gain their courage. Rich, tasty, courage. I fought a few on the Azura's quest and a couple on Mehrunes quest (you get a letter about a museum opening up for that quest, same quest I was talking about earlier.) The trend seems too be you fight daedra on daedric prince's quests. Except sheogorath's, but he's awesome enough on his own. (Or she if you played a female character in oblivion, since Sheogorath alludes that he is the same person that was in oblivion.)

Yea I know where you get them, it's just that I haven't run in to any yet. I've done Molag Bal (in macarth or whatever the western-most city is, in the abandoned house), Peryite and Meridia. Peryite gives you a pretty sweet shield, Molag Bal gives a kick-ass mace, and Meridia gives you a meh-sword that is good against undead. Haven't done any other Princes, but I did find Boethiah I think.

Completed the Dark Brotherhood quests earlier, was a lot of fun! Loved the "Let the right one in" reference within the Dark Brotherhood too! ;)

Felt like we were taken advantage of by a secret Mythic Dawn member though :(

Also, Dawnstar is constantly attacked by damn dragons! Everytime I was there earlier, a Dragon showed up within 30 seconds...must be a dragon nest close though I haven't found it :(

And in relation to the Dragon Priest talk a few pages back- I fought 2 of them so far....they're actually easy enough! Well the second one was, as I had a..."Familiar" and while he was focused on him, I just hack and slashed. First one I tried using magic, didn't work so well! :P

Volund (sp?) is my favourite mask though, most handy one I've seen yet!

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

So the mac wrapper works rather well, except for the random freezing and a tad of lag... hopefully this windowed mode mod I found will work so I don't have to restart the damned computer after every freeze. (CMD+Q and CMD+TAB didn't work for shit).

A Night to Remember was a pretty funny quest, really didn't expect so much chaos from one drinking contest. :P

It's basically the plot of The Hangover in quest form :D

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.