The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

sephiroth_king

Oblivion came out on March 20th, 2006. The GOTY edition came out in September 2007. That's a year and a half

I would guess it would take just as long, if not longer for it to come out for Skyrim

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I didn't understand either. From what I understand you dislike DLC. However, you then go on to say that you can't buy a game online so I assume you have no internet which is why you hate DLC's? If so thats a terrible reason to hate added content. Also, waiting for a GOTY edition with all DLC's might take years.

My apologies. No, i dislike reboots. I mean DLCs are becoming more often like rebooting in Gaming industry.

I can't bother to buy content on PSN and such because i honestly don't want to take the risk.

A full pack of Skyrim:

Original Skyrim

All DLCs

Buy the full pack - get all.

It would stink to buy Skyrim, then DLC 1 comes, buy that, then DLC 2 comes. So i am just thinking to wait til all DLCs are out and then i will buy the whole package =)

Plus what if DLCs won't come for Ps3? Then it would suck.

Big thanks to Albel and Mister for your input :thumbsup:

I personally don't like DLC's due to them seeming to me like rip offs when I've already spent full price for a game. I don't mind expansion packs because they usually add a plethora of things, usually expanding on the original game. However, DLC's simply offering an addition while keeping the original game as it is irk me. Developers should want to put everything into the game for those who buy it, not part of what they want into the game, then making people pay for more. Take Dragon age as an example, it came with an in-game advert for the DLC, even when you bought it straight away.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Supposedly Skyrim will have "less" DLC than other bethsoft games but they will be more substantial like Shivering Isles.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I personally don't like DLC's due to them seeming to me like rip offs when I've already spent full price for a game. I don't mind expansion packs because they usually add a plethora of things, usually expanding on the original game. However, DLC's simply offering an addition while keeping the original game as it is irk me. Developers should want to put everything into the game for those who buy it, not part of what they want into the game, then making people pay for more. Take Dragon age as an example, it came with an in-game advert for the DLC, even when you bought it straight away.

Oh i thought DLCs were same as expansions. In that case i am all with you BROTHA! Let's hunt them down and deprive them of their greedy soul!

Hunt and kill

Hunt andkill

H and K

H.a.K

Okay? ;D

Thing is, with DLC's you're not forced to buy them. The Skyrim DLC will likely be like a massive expansion pack for 10-20 dollars which will prolong gameplay by dozens of hours. I don't see anything wrong with that. Also, if you've already spent 65 dollars on Skyrim and a few months from now you're able to get more use out of that money you spent why not invest 10-20 more dollars into it and get more enjoyment out of your game. Thats just my outlook on the DLC market. It's also good for the game dev's which in turn is good for us gamers.

Low_C.png

I'm a thief/assassin on my current playthough. The lvl 100 perk for pickpocket is friggin' hilarious. Remember that uptight mage in the theives guild quest line? Now currently walking around in his underwear. You can steal someone's clothes right off of them without them realizing it. How awesome is that. :lol:

Thing is, with DLC's you're not forced to buy them. The Skyrim DLC will likely be like a massive expansion pack for 10-20 dollars which will prolong gameplay by dozens of hours. I don't see anything wrong with that. Also, if you've already spent 65 dollars on Skyrim and a few months from now you're able to get more use out of that money you spent why not invest 10-20 more dollars into it and get more enjoyment out of your game. Thats just my outlook on the DLC market. It's also good for the game dev's which in turn is good for us gamers.

I think the annoying thing is that it just seems greedy on the developers side. If you truly labour over a game and want to make it great, you add everything you can within your constraints. They should truly finish the games before sending them out. I don't mind if a developer sees that their game has been successful, then starts making things to expand on it when the community wants it, but with modern DLC, developers will plan not to release things, even though it will probably have started being made before the original game has been released. An expansion pack should be released when you don't quite have enough content to make a full game release, but still want to, they shouldn't be planned from the get go, when they could be simply added to the original release.

I guess I just feel cheated a lot nowdays when developers could easily add extra to the original game (that doesn't come cheap) but decide to make people pay for it for no reason other than to make money.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

...You already get hundreds of hours of content with the original game, did you really expect that they would release every possible thing they'd want to do in one go? There's nothing wrong with planning to make DLCs from the get go, as long as the DLCs aren't chintzy pieces of garbage like Oblivion's horse armor or most of the shit EA touches.

Skyrim is actually one of the few games that I would be more than happy to buy DLC for. I think I've put about 20 hours into it and I'm still around that level myself.

Question, though: I found a giant underground... sun-type thing. Can't remember where, but does anyone know if it holds any kind of importance?

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Bleh. I can't stand training two handed. It sucks for combat.

If magic was still castable with two-handed weaponry It'd be good.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Here's a possible hint as to the DLC for Skyrim. http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/13145143504/entire-tamriel-landmass-built-into-skyrim

I've noticed something odd about the top tiers of armour (Dragon and Daedric). Daedric requires 90 smithing and dragon needs 100, so why is the Daedric armour better than the Dragon equivalents? 49 for Daedric armour and 46 for dragonplate for example (both are heavy armour).

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

Here's a possible hint as to the DLC for Skyrim. http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/13145143504/entire-tamriel-landmass-built-into-skyrim

I've noticed something odd about the top tiers of armour (Dragon and Daedric). Daedric requires 90 smithing and dragon needs 100, so why is the Daedric armour better than the Dragon equivalents? 49 for Daedric armour and 46 for dragonplate for example (both are heavy armour).

That would be pretty cool.

And I think daedric armour > dragon because it's so much harder to get the mats.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

That would be pretty cool.

And I think daedric armour > dragon because it's so much harder to get the mats.

Dragon is the best light armor, Deadric is the best heavy.

No Daedric is only heavy armor. I'm still going to go for daedric smithing so I can make daedric weapons through. And better enchatning so I can have better enchanted weapons. My weapon I have soul trap on doesn't really matter but enchanted frost/fire/shock damage is kind of low. Also need to go get Azura's star.

Daedric armor is so BAD. ASS. Loving it. Enchantments: Body = heavy armor fortification, boots = Fire resistance (since I'm a nord), Gloves = One handed damage +19%, Helmet = Lockpicking fortification (for lols).

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

My goal right now is to get 100 smithing. At the moment it is level 81, which I am happy with. Need a few thousand more gold before I can make a run at 100. Goal at the moment is full glass armor, which looks amazing in my opinion. Eventually Ill get it to where I can make ebony armor, because in my opinion it's the best looking set.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Jesus, I was hoping on going through the whole game as a pure tank, oh well anythings fun in this game. <3:

So quaff a potion of whatever-it's-called that gives you temporary mana for 60 seconds, cast the spell to get in while wearing the amulet (any spell at all works), and then go back to barshing heads.

Suzanne Vega

grammar2gr8dx.png

tokin rite wurx gud!

So it seems we still got [bleep]ed over on enchating items unless the later levels of better enchantments really jump in quality. Lvl 1 is 20% better enchantments, lvl 2 is 25% better enchantments, there's 5 levels. So going with the pattern that would be 40% better at level 5.

Right now at level 1 enchanting, destruction and magicka regen enchantment is 5% and 10% respectively. So if I get 40% better effects, assuming it goes by that level 1 is 20% already and level 5's 40% will be from no level (0%) that will still not be as good as regular enchanted clothing from a store.

Oh and just so any of you know, and I didn't until I tried, magicka and destruction is counted is one effect so you need to deconstruct one of those items to get that effect, I assume magicka and <insert magic skill here> are the same as well, treated as one effect.

There are two effects for each school of magic, the plain one and the one that is combined with accelerated mana regen. Note : If you want to collect every enchantment possilbe, MAKE SURE that you learn the regular one first, because you cannot learn the basic enchantment for a school once you have already learned the enchantment + mana regen version, like in your case of having Magicka + Destruction, you can never learn just Destruction. I assume this is a bug.

Also, you aren't messed up on enchanting, because there are two things you aren't considering: besides the basic enchanting bonus for the 5 levels of the fundamental Enchantment perk, there are Perks for every type of enchantment (Fire, Frost, Storm, Corpus and Skill) that add an additional 25%, plus you get a bonus based on your Enchantment level, although I don't know the scale of this bonus as related to your enchanting skill as I haven't reached the max (100) yet.

Suzanne Vega

grammar2gr8dx.png

tokin rite wurx gud!

So it seems we still got [bleep]ed over on enchating items unless the later levels of better enchantments really jump in quality. Lvl 1 is 20% better enchantments, lvl 2 is 25% better enchantments, there's 5 levels. So going with the pattern that would be 40% better at level 5.

Right now at level 1 enchanting, destruction and magicka regen enchantment is 5% and 10% respectively. So if I get 40% better effects, assuming it goes by that level 1 is 20% already and level 5's 40% will be from no level (0%) that will still not be as good as regular enchanted clothing from a store.

Oh and just so any of you know, and I didn't until I tried, magicka and destruction is counted is one effect so you need to deconstruct one of those items to get that effect, I assume magicka and <insert magic skill here> are the same as well, treated as one effect.

There are two effects for each school of magic, the plain one and the one that is combined with accelerated mana regen. Note : If you want to collect every enchantment possilbe, MAKE SURE that you learn the regular one first, because you cannot learn the basic enchantment for a school once you have already learned the enchantment + mana regen version, like in your case of having Magicka + Destruction, you can never learn just Destruction. I assume this is a bug.

Also, you aren't messed up on enchanting, because there are two things you aren't considering: besides the basic enchanting bonus for the 5 levels of the fundamental Enchantment perk, there are Perks for every type of enchantment (Fire, Frost, Storm, Corpus and Skill) that add an additional 25%, plus you get a bonus based on your Enchantment level, although I don't know the scale of this bonus as related to your enchanting skill as I haven't reached the max (100) yet.

Since I originally posted that i've hit 90 enchanting, and have posted that I was wrong on that.

But it still holds true on body armor, it will never be as good for magic as the things you can buy, I suppose that's to keep you from wearing full light armor as a mage.