The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

sephiroth_king

Jeez all these words take a long ass time, enjoyable though.

I used to read in this thread like you...but then I took an arrow in the knee.

Now you're just a guard of the forums.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

And you're out reading this thread and what do I get? Guard duty.

hzvjpwS.gif

You should have been a cool user like me.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

You should have been a cool user like me.

Not mine, but appropriate.

[hide]u0ken.jpg[/hide]

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

Hard to describe how I feel about this game. I've been playing it a ton the past week, but I'm not that impressed.

Structurally, it's not great. For example, I have frequent problems trying to sneak and range, not because I'm terrible at either, but because my arrows clip on random air constantly, often giving me away when I otherwise would have had a sure shot.

Tons of hangups I remember from Fallout New Vegas, too. I thought they were using a new engine, but there's still stupid shit like characters sliding, objects bouncing (that shouldn't) and... Glitches. -.- I stopped playing at first after the first scene where you watch the guy get beheaded and his body and head bounce retardedly because they're separate objects dropped in. Unpolished to say the least. The game just crashes sometimes, but not enough to make me ragequit, since it usually autosaves (it'll typically crash when going to a new area, thus saving).

A few quests have been messed up, but thankfully I have it on the PC.

The console is probably the best feature of this game, because you can use it to do just about anything you want. For example, my follower kept dying or lagging behind, so I increased her speed to 280% and made her immortal (if she "dies" she'll simply kneel and rest for a bit) and fixed that. I've also shrank every [other] cat person I meet to be 1/10th their normal size, and tripled the size of every chicken I see. I have yet to figure out how to change an NPC's race, but if I do, you can assume there'll be a ton of imperial soldiers with tails ironically telling me what a nice rug I'll make.

Related, but this game is incredibly easy to mod too. There are already a ton out. I haven't gotten any yet though... Are there any you guys would consider must-haves?

The quests and lore are pretty good. I haven't played any other Elder Scrolls games extensively (hated Morrowind because of all the reading, only watched Oblivion briefly and didn't know it was related at the time :mellow: ).

I like how I can explore a new area and basically complete it, then find the NPC who would have sent me there anyway and get a reward I hadn't been expecting. What I don't like, though, are the stupid Dwemer and Draugr places, which seem to encompass a good chunk of all the dungeons I find. They're always the same and the enemies are either unrewarding or annoying.

Love the enchantment system. If you played my file you'd see how many RS references I've put as far as names and abilities go, and some crazy stupid items I've made with help from the console that I use on occasion for massive lawls.

Overall an entertaining if not often frustrating game that focuses on quantity over quality but has room for future improvement. <- Game magazine-like review!!

TL;DR... Few questions...

Are there console commands for renaming something or changing NPC races?

What are some mods that won't make the game even more unstable that you would consider essential?

2dgucz6.png

I would agree with you, I played it a ton though I was fairly impressed by certain aspects of the game though I wasn't as awe inspired by this game as much as I was by Oblivion.

Though I was stunned by the night sky in Skyrim and Blackreach- both so beautiful!

The sneaking and archery is quite glitchy, though not as bad as a lot of the rest of the game.

Melted by some problems with dragons and quests.....FFFFFFF.

Also, for those who haven't seen this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlC6Z0iRoOA

Funniest thing I've seen to do with Skyrim!

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Hahaha wow. That's the funniest vid I've seen, apart from some actual gameplay vids like the giant mudcrab one.

The guards never cease to amaze me, because although most of the time they say everything from the vid, they'll sometimes throw a wild card out there that'll actually make me pause.

Not to mention they all sound like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

2dgucz6.png

internet-memes-the-sad-story-of-a-skyrim-guard.jpg

=D>

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

internet-memes-the-sad-story-of-a-skyrim-guard.jpg

Brilliant.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Lol, infrequently being attacked by spriggans and large forces of forest animals. It's quite puzzling the first time you're struck by a glowing green rabbit or elk.

But far more odd - and only once so far - was two spriggans apparently controlling a green-glowing frost dragon.

I'm pleased that over 40 hrs in there are still surprises like these.

2dgucz6.png

Finally finished getting all shouts, you get to visit some pretty cool dungeons and places, enjoyable how they put different quests and stories into a tonne of their locations. Still loving this game 120 hours in. :thumbsup:

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Quickest way to get the 'Return Thieve's Guild to it's former glory' achievement? Don't fancy doing hundreds of small quests. :unsure:

Unfortunately it's the only way. Atleast until you have fences in every city. Then you become the full grandmaster. Just do one from vex and one from the other guy at the same time. You might get lucky and the two will be in the same city. Typically bedlam jobs (or whichever has you steal a certain amount of gold), coupled with anything the other person gives you is pretty fast.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Quickest way to get the 'Return Thieve's Guild to it's former glory' achievement? Don't fancy doing hundreds of small quests. :unsure:

Unfortunately it's the only way. Atleast until you have fences in every city. Then you become the full grandmaster. Just do one from vex and one from the other guy at the same time. You might get lucky and the two will be in the same city. Typically bedlam jobs (or whichever has you steal a certain amount of gold), coupled with anything the other person gives you is pretty fast.

Alright i'll give it a go. This is gonna be tedious lol.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

You can quit any missions that you're given to steal in Riften, then just focus on getting quests in the cities you haven't done the special quest in (Marakarth, Windhelm, Solitude and Whiterun)

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

75-80 hours in and I'm still loving the game. I'm yet to even discover one of the holds (the one on the far left), haven't even touched the civil war and not really tried magic either. I've loved every minute of the game so far and it's still giving me new things to do.

I've maxed one handed and heavy armour now, so I've switched to two handed and light armour, which have given the game new life. Maxed heavy armour and Dragonbone armour made me a walking tank, but switching to Dragonscale (even though it's legendary with smithing bonuses added) and a low light armour skill has made fights so much harder.

Only two things at the moment have annoyed me on the game.

Firstly, I wish I could destroy the thieves guild instead of making it stronger. I play as the valiant hero, the good guy, so I shouldn't be helping thieves. Yet unfortunately, they cannot be killed.

Secondly, a much shorter term annoyance, vampirism. I got infected the other day for the first time, which is odd and was very annoying. Odd because it was after 75+ hours, so surely many many people totally miss out on it and never get infected?(Or I'm very lucky) Annoying because nowhere in the game are you told how to get rid of it. My 360 is at my brothers house and he doesn't have internet, so I had to try and rely on the game to find a cure, but after 4 in-game days, you become a stage 4 vampire and every NPC attacks you until you feed and return to stage 1. Only upon leaving the game due to it now being impossible to play and going home to use the internet did I find out that you have to start a side-quest by asking a bar-tender for any rumours once you are infected.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^