The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

sephiroth_king

Got the game today. I suck. The quest where you need to get the dragonstone and bring it back to the guy who works for the guy at Whiterun or whatever took me like 2 and a half hours! I kept getting killed by the things that come out of the wall and yeah. I'm pretty sure I just need some better armor/weaponry. I'm a Nord, any tips? So far I've been using 2-handed weapons. I found some iron and used it and now my iron warhammer is "fine"?. Doesn't seem like it's improved much though. What can I do to get some good weapons fast, if possible?

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

Got the game today. I suck. The quest where you need to get the dragonstone and bring it back to the guy who works for the guy at Whiterun or whatever took me like 2 and a half hours! I kept getting killed by the things that come out of the wall and yeah. I'm pretty sure I just need some better armor/weaponry. I'm a Nord, any tips? So far I've been using 2-handed weapons. I found some iron and used it and now my iron warhammer is "fine"?. Doesn't seem like it's improved much though. What can I do to get some good weapons fast, if possible?

You might need some better armor actually. Also, you always start out with a basic healing spell so try using that after battles (or dual wielding the spell and a sword) to heal you up.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Using one handed weapons is probably the best way to go starting out, especially if you have bad armor. The shield's extra defense/extra speed (with the perks) dual wielding gives far outclasses 2h swords. They are just too slow, with not too much extra damage, at least not to make them with using at a low level.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Thanks guys I'll switch to a longsword or something! And yeah, I always use the healing spell - works wonders :P

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

What race are you guys and why?

Wood elf. Main reason is because I love bows...and well wood elves are good at bows. That's the main reason to be honest.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Nord. I like putting a character as close to myself into the game and Nords are the only mellee based class with pale skin and blonde hair. I would have gone redguard like Oblivion but this time I couldn't make them white.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Imperial.

I like to play the street-smart rogue, and Imperials just seem to be the best at that...especially with Skyrim face models.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Argonian.

Waterbreathing is pretty cool and who doesn't want to be a lizard? (Plus in the whole 30 minutes I played Oblivion I was Argonian, too, and wanted to continue that)

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

First character is Imperial.

Ended up joining the Legion. Is it possible to take forts so the flags on the General's maps change? I cleared out Dunstad, but it still seems to be Stormcloak controlled.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

With the alarming number of adventurers being forced into work as a guard following an arrow injury to the knee, I'm forced to assume we're not understanding the words of the guards correctly.

I believe that in Skyrim, when an adventurer becomes well-known enough, they get the attention of a great warrior known as Anarrowen Thuhnee, who challenges them to a fight. Should they lose, they must retire from adventuring, with work as a guard being the next best thing. So far, every adventure who has tried to take Anarrowen Thuhnee has failed.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I'm a Nord, because why not be a Nord?

I'm using a 1H mace because maces ignore armor and a shield for the timehax. So far I've killed 3 dragons and learned 5 different shouts, 1 of which I can't use because I need to kill another dragon.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Orc, I am OP when meeleeing under berserker rage.

Btw, anyone else here ever used the bug where you can make your follower carry an unlimited number of items? Well, I tried that with Lydia. Loaded her with some junk I found on my way to Valtheim Towers, seeing that I needed to complete a bounty there. For some reason, she disappeared in the middle of the fight with the bandits (which included me doing a leap of faith off the bridge to take out this one archer I knocked off). I kept looking for her around the place, thinking she would've ran off somewhere, couldn't find her. Tried fast traveling, nothing. Tried waiting a day, nothing. Killing myself didn't help either. I also couldn't get another companion, because I still technically had her with my (Uthgerd didn't want to accompany me). The problem only fixed itself when I started the Companion quest where you kill some Silver Hand soldiers with Aela, which forced Lydia to go back to my house. After finishing the quest, I came back to my house to finally find Lydia at my house... naked. For some reason, the bug forced her to unequip her default body armour, but she still had all the junk in her inventory. Can't say I mind the idea of a naked chick inside my house, though :thumbsup: .

Oh, and blood dragons are annoying, especially when there's no open space nearby, meaning the damn thing never lands. Had to chase the dragon for what felt like miles, with the only place it would land being a Giant camp. Killed the dragon, using up all health potions and some fortify potions, but had to run away from the Giant before it would send me sky-high. Invisibility ftw.

22031_s.gif

Random question but where can I go to level up and fight a bunch of monsters without quests? Is there dungeons/caves around that I can randomly find? I'm level 12 btw.

Also, how do I get Lydia to follow me? I did the Dragon Rising quest a while ago but she never became my companion? Ugh, such a noob at this game :oops:

dcfclogo4.jpg