The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

sephiroth_king

Or you can just drink a "cure disease" potion lol.

Oh how I wished that had worked. It was the first thing I tried.

Potions and altars will cure it before you actually become a vampire, though. The time limit is pretty generous, though unlike Oblivion (And probably Morrowind, never actually tried vampyrism there) it'll tajke effect while you're awake.

Or you can just drink a "cure disease" potion lol.

Oh how I wished that had worked. It was the first thing I tried.

Potions and altars will cure it before you actually become a vampire, though. The time limit is pretty generous, though unlike Oblivion (And probably Morrowind, never actually tried vampyrism there) it'll tajke effect while you're awake.

That makes sense, since it definitely worked for me.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I think once I get 100 enchanting I am going to be done with this game for a while. I don't like making a lot of different accounts to try different things. I always end up doing the same thing.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

In Oblivion my brother was turned into a vampire and the only way to cure it or something was to get this plant that was only found in Oblivion but since he beat the game he couldn't obtain it since all the Oblivion portals where closed. I don't know if this was the only way to cure yourself but I thought it was pretty funny. He had basically done all this stuff and maybe within an hour or beating the main quest he sleep in a bed and he was bitten and eventually got stuck in this withes house (which oddly enough there is a house in Skyrim that looks almost identical with the witch in it) and couldn't leave anywhere or he'd die from exposure to sunlight.

Other then that, ever since the end of November I've only been playing an hour or two tops very rarely.

tFtfA.jpg

I must be a bit beyond 65 hrs

Lol 100 Ench 100 Smith 100 Sneak high 90s in Archery, Lockpicking

Lvl 49 overall :mellow: not sure what the max is or if there is one. If there's a point that I can't get anymore perks, I'll just add them with the console, lol. There's no way I'd start a new char after investing so much time into this one. Ah, the joys of the console!

Some interesting statistics:

Times found 2 dragons in the same area at the same time: 4

Times found 2 dragons in the same area at the same time neither of which were from a nearby wall: 2

Times I've killed my companions: 6

Times I've killed my companions on purpose: 3

Times found free Daedric equipment: 1 (Battleaxe, near a statue of Talos in the far north I believe)

Times found free Dragon equipment: 2 (Scale boots and shield, not sure where, but at different times)

Lol yeah... companions in this game are awful. They can't keep up with you, and in tight spaces they're infuriating.

In one dungeon, you have to stand on a trap trigger looking plate to rotate gaps in the nearby walls so that you can see what animal is shown. After doing so, I stepped off the plate and my companion immediately stepped on. Kinda facepalmed...

Not to mention none of my companions thus far have been able to sneak anywhere near as well as my char. They also can't avoid traps AT ALL. I have the perk which allows me to pass over many pressure switches (but not all, maybe a glitch), but it doesn't carry over to them.

On the subject of pressure switches, I love to go into a dungeon with a lot of traps and fire arrows on walls to draw an enemy's attention, then shoot a pressure switch to hit them with their own trap. It doesn't always go that smoothly, but when it does, it's very rewarding.

Also have a whopping s-ton of glass, ebony stuff that I can't sell faster than I find it... Why oh why no High Alch?? <_<

2dgucz6.png

Lvl 49 overall not sure what the max is or if there is one.

It maxes out at the overall level of 81.

I'm 73 right now.

Ah, I haven't counted the actual number of perks either, but judging by how many I'm missing I'm doubting you can even get them all by 81.

At 73 are you finding Daedric/Dragon in all your loots?

Lol unrelated to the above,

I'm having fun experimenting with the console with enchantments. Because ALL powers be they shouts, diseases, abilities or enchantments themselves are stored alike, I can take any two and add them to any worn item. Most won't work like that, of course, but I've been successful with at least adding night vision to a helmet indefinitely (not sure night vision is otherwise possible without a potion or being a cat person). What I really wanted to do was have infinite Aura Whisper, but so far no combination has worked.

2dgucz6.png

I'm 73 right now.

Ah, I haven't counted the actual number of perks either, but judging by how many I'm missing I'm doubting you can even get them all by 81.

I think there's 251 perks. With the level cap at 81 you can have up to 80 perks, so one must choose wisely.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I'm 73 right now.

I think there's 251 perks. With the level cap at 81 you can have up to 80 perks, so one must choose wisely.

I'm level 46 at the moment. I have saved 5 perks right now, so I should be okay with what I want. I want to get the perk for unbreakable lock picks, and double enchantments.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

It's just a few hours until I get this - any advice on what to do/where to go when I start?

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

It's just a few hours until I get this - any advice on what to do/where to go when I start?

Whatever you want, wherever you want. I generally follow the main quest until High Hrothgar (for various gameplay reasons) and then just roam about, advancing the main quest whenever I feel like. Outside the major cities there are carts that can take you to other major cities, which is good for quickly getting to parts of the map at first, because it's pretty massive.

There are some main guilds, the Mage's guild is up north in Winterhold, the Companions (Fighter's Guild, pretty much) in Whiterun, Thieves' Guild in Riften, Dark Brotherhood in... Windhelm, I think. Those are some of the cooler questlines, I've found.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Whatever you want, wherever you want. I generally follow the main quest until High Hrothgar (for various gameplay reasons) and then just roam about, advancing the main quest whenever I feel like. Outside the major cities there are carts that can take you to other major cities, which is good for quickly getting to parts of the map at first, because it's pretty massive.

There are some main guilds, the Mage's guild is up north in Winterhold, the Companions (Fighter's Guild, pretty much) in Whiterun, Thieves' Guild in Riften, Dark Brotherhood in... Windhelm, I think. Those are some of the cooler questlines, I've found.

The fact that for the most part you can complete a dungeon and then be sent back to it for a quest objective very much supports whatever-whenever. If you go through a lot of random dungeons/caves/temples you'll most likely find the NPC that would send you there later and can sometimes even finish the quest in the same dialogue, lol. Just try to always pick up items if they have someone's name in the title.

If you just want to explore, you can go by your compass/navigation bar to every black symbol it has on it and clear them one by one. That's what I've been doing. The level designers were very smart to incorporate a "one entrance, one exit" system of design where when you get to the end of a dungeon there will almost always be a shortcut to take you back to the original entrance. Often these shortcuts are 2-way, so you can use them to get back to the end easier later in case you missed something.

2dgucz6.png

Additionally, the civil war starts in either Solitude or Windhelm, depending on which side you support.

I support the "whatever - whenever" approach to the game. Just got the game yesterday, got to level 10, and I only got to Whiterun at level 9. It's just so much fun exploring >.> .

As an example, when coming out of Bleak Falls Barrow, I noticed a little unexplored cabin marker, so I went there. Turned out it was an ancient Draugr site full of bandits looking for its treasure. I came out happy.

22031_s.gif

I got Skyrim today and ended up slaughtering half of Riverwood because I killed a chicken. We're off to a great start.

Did that exact same thing the first time I went there.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I got Skyrim today and ended up slaughtering half of Riverwood because I killed a chicken. We're off to a great start.

Lol'd when I saw this :thumbup:

Downloaded 1.3 today and all I cans say is wow. Game runs SO much better. Now maybe I can actually get 100 enchanting :shades:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

I haven't been on at all in the past day to get the update. I'm level 81 with all the stats at 100 (I legitimately trained each one if anyone is wondering). I've got almost all the achievements and done all the big questlines along with a lot of smaller quests. Not sure what is left to do.

I have 6 perk points that I haven't used. I've got no need for any perks I don't already have. I hope the dlc comes soon. :P

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Had been playing as a sneak-thief (as labeled by the guards anyway :P) this entire time, just recently started using heavy armor/weapons. Didn't realize how easy it is to train Block when you have high Smith/Ench/Alch (meaning you can max out defense bonus) and a decent amount of HP. Basically just sat letting two giants club me for a while going from 40-100 Block. Same thing can be done for Heavy or Light Armor if you're so inclined, just equip or dual-equip a healing spell.

Just wondering, do even the statless clothes count as light armor, or nothing at all? Or will it specifically say "light armor" on its description?

Also was dealing with a rather strange bug, where things would randomly attack me. I'm still not sure what caused it.

I was in the throne room in Markarth well after Cidna, certainly hadn't done anything there as far as I knew, when after about a minute of just standing there the guards would suddenly become hostile (without my weapons drawn) and not attempt any arrest.

So I reloaded from the autosave of entering there. Three times. I could even talk to the guards and everyone in there normally before they became hostile. Lol I could even go into the chamber Calcelmo is in and talk to those guards AFTER the main chamber guards got all pissy, but they would also become hostile after the other ones caught up.

In case you're wondering, I didn't fix it outright, just loaded an earlier save. Later I encountered a dragon and while fighting it, sheep, which usually flee, began attacking me, no Spriggan in sight. Has not happened since.

2dgucz6.png