The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

sephiroth_king

Mzinchaleft is a very long dungeon, and it only gets harder. I'd recommend retreating.

Finally started the civil war quests at level 50. I found it really hard to choose a side, which is probably why I left it until it's basically the last thing left. I actually started it for both sides with different saves but eventually went with the Imperials as it just felt right.

Basically, the Imperials are bad because they tried to kill me and outlawed Talos, but good because without them, the Thalmor will probably take over the world, and some Imperials agree with the stormcloaks ideals but not actions.

Stormcloaks on the other hands are racist pigs, subjugating those in their own cities as well as Ulfric being incredibly egotistical.

It seems like siding with the Empire was the 'right' choice. They outlawed Talos worship, but nobody except the Thalmor are in any hurry to enforce it (And it's even implied/stated that the Jarl of Solitude and General Tullius still worship), and they're trying to reclaim Skyrim because they need it to fight the Thalmor.

The 'Second Great War' as the game seems to call it had better be the focus of a DLC. :razz:

I am a bit short on money and want to buy a house in solitude. What is the best way to make money or how do you people make money?

Dragon bones/scales and enchanted weapons/armor.

One of the best ways in the game is enchanting weapons. Make iron daggers, and buy all the petty soul gems you can, even if they are unfilled. Get soul trap and fill them by killing simple things. Then enchant them and them sell. You'll net a profit, and raise two skills at the same time.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I just did the thieves guild quests :???: Relatively easy, sell anything you want to the fences, repeatable, etc. Plus you raise a multitude of skills at the same time.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I just did the thieves guild quests :???: Relatively easy, sell anything you want to the fences, repeatable, etc. Plus you raise a multitude of skills at the same time.

I just need to finish the last one.

However, I might be stuck a bit. I'm asked to trade in my Thieves guild armour, but I already sold it to the fence, but that's where you get the armour from. There is no option to access her services, so I can't exactly buy it back either.

j0xPu5R.png

Anyone else spare Cicero because his voice is awesome and crazy people are awesome?

[hide]didn't he die from his wounds?[/hide]

Anyone else spare Cicero because his voice is awesome and crazy people are awesome?

[hide]didn't he die from his wounds?[/hide]

[hide]Nah, it was all a trick. If you spare him, he reappears at the Dawnstar Sanctuary when you move the Brotherhood there and offers to become a follower.[/hide]

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

[hide]My friend hated his voice. Didn't hesitate killing him.

Personally, I had sympathy for him and bugged my friend about killing him.[/hide]

Edited by obfuscator
added hide tags

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

[hide]Lol I actually JUST did that quest. If you kill him and bring him back with Undead Thrall, he'll still say all of his quotes and do his dances, assumedly as if he were a normal follower. Clearly a glitch, but a very amusing one at least.[/hide]

Edited by obfuscator
added hide tags

2dgucz6.png

Most annoying character in a game ever, so no.

BUt...what about the annoying fan?

"Oh...YOUR THE GRAND CHAMPION!!!"

:mellow:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

He was a dick, but his voice was that slight part less annoying.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

I have to disagree. At least with Cicero, he is an adult. The annoying fan is just a kid. Kids already get on my nervous, but that annoyingness(word?) brings it to a whole new level.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

I liked Cicero, but killed him anyway. Out of pity, and because he tried to kill me. Plus his clothes were an upgraded set you could find in that sanctuary anyway, so it was worth it.

I have to disagree. At least with Cicero, he is an adult. The annoying fan is just a kid. Kids already get on my nervous, but that annoyingness(word?) brings it to a whole new level.

He was a kid, yet you could actually strike him in Oblivion i'm sure?

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

He was a kid, yet you could actually strike him in Oblivion i'm sure?

Oblivion had no kids. He was a wood elf (And so quite short), and probably designed to appear young (Construction set has his age at the lowest value), though. As far as the game was concerned he was an adult.

Db spoiler

Goodness, killing the emperor was pretty cool. And the whole killing the amound motierre dude was awesome too. Was a bit short and repetitive, but all in all, DB was pretty fun. Plus shadowmere is a BAMF. And killing Cicero was satisfying.

I am lvl 15 and a archer (lvl 42)/battle mage (restoration 30, conjuration-30, alteration and alchemy 15). But i dont know what perks to level up? Also what spells should i be using my destruction is 42.

As a mage, you should always get the "novice/apprentice/adept spells cost 50% less" because you'll be using all levels of destruction magic. Also get the "dual cast" one and the increased fire/frost/shock perk to whichever spell you use most.

The medium ranged attack spells (bolts) are what I use most often, following by the goushing ones (constantly - dual casting).

Also invest in good wards, they'll save your life in a mage v. mage fight.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I am lvl 15 and a archer (lvl 42)/battle mage (restoration 30, conjuration-30, alteration and alchemy 15). But i dont know what perks to level up? Also what spells should i be using my destruction is 42.

It depends on the enemy. Ice is invaluable when hunting giants, it makes the whole thing easier. Fire is usually the way to go on other enemies. With lightning, while is does drain magicka, you pretty much have to keep the A.I. under a constant stream to stop them from casting spells, so it requires a decent mana pool to use effectively. Some creatures are weak to certain elements, but not enough that you'd notice it.

Also even being a master in destruction now, I still use firebolt/ice spike. On enemies that have high hp it's most important I keep them pinned down than to try and kill them as fast as I can. Though if you don't have the dual destruction knockback perk you might not care for that strategy. I'd say just go regular flames/frost/shock for a battlemage. You'll usually have your enemies at close range and it's annoying shooting at them, and then having to charge up again if you miss. The higher level spells really are for pure mages that can't tank that much damage.

Seeing as you're all probably better than me at Skyrim, I thought I'd ask for the wise council of the Harbringers on this thread.

My problem is that I misunderstood the benefits of being a Thane, and after being caught stealing a second time I opted to pay off the bounty so I wouldn't lose level progress. Unfortunately, I forgot that it deprives you of all your stolen goods, and the rare book from Farengar's desk (I am trying to collect every weapon, book and clothing item in the game) was taken from me. Is it going to respawn on his desk at some point, seeing as it can only be found here, or will I have to reload a past save from before the incident? I really should've put it in the bookshelf. <_<

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau