The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

sephiroth_king

My archer set (max boosted armour and legendary daedric bow with daedric arrows) does pretty sweet damage. I have most of the perks and my archery is level 97 I think. Basically a one or at very least two shot kill on any enemy.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I do a bit more, and somewhat favor, up close combat, so I'm only planning on the first perk for archery (which will get me up to +100% damage). I like to sneak around and open my fights up with a ranged attack, but once I'm discovered I'm all about the sword. I'm also thinking about losing the follower because they are only useful about half the time (I still only have lydia, and she is more of a distraction now than a damage dealer. Maybe once I get her a better sword).

I need to get in more blocks though. The block skill is seriously lagging, and I would like to get to 50 for that elemental perk so that I can better tank dragons (I think its 50% from the perk, which gets me up to 75%).

I do a bit more, and somewhat favor, up close combat, so I'm only planning on the first perk for archery (which will get me up to +100% damage). I like to sneak around and open my fights up with a ranged attack, but once I'm discovered I'm all about the sword. I'm also thinking about losing the follower because they are only useful about half the time (I still only have lydia, and she is more of a distraction now than a damage dealer. Maybe once I get her a better sword).

I need to get in more blocks though. The block skill is seriously lagging, and I would like to get to 50 for that elemental perk so that I can better tank dragons (I think its 50% from the perk, which gets me up to 75%).

Get the Spellbreaker shield. It creates a magic ward when you hold it up and it usually keeps the dragon's breath off of you without breaking.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Heard of it. I'm still in the early stages of the game though, so I can't imagine I will be getting to something like that too soon. Also, not sure if I want to use something like that in general use or not, since I feel that could make certain fights too easy. Then again, -50 spell damage every couple of seconds could come in handy plenty of times (if I recall right, it was halfway between lesser ward and the next one up). My mage could go for that too, even though I specialize in dual casting. Wards suck up all the juice, and something to hide behind and shoot through would be neat.

Can someone tell me how poisions on weapons work? Does it come off on the next hit or does it stick around for a minute or what. I can never remember to check it when I'm in game, and I know it doesn't last until replaced like I was hoping it would.

Heard of it. I'm still in the early stages of the game though, so I can't imagine I will be getting to something like that too soon. Also, not sure if I want to use something like that in general use or not, since I feel that could make certain fights too easy. Then again, -50 spell damage every couple of seconds could come in handy plenty of times (if I recall right, it was halfway between lesser ward and the next one up). My mage could go for that too, even though I specialize in dual casting. Wards suck up all the juice, and something to hide behind and shoot through would be neat.

Can someone tell me how poisions on weapons work? Does it come off on the next hit or does it stick around for a minute or what. I can never remember to check it when I'm in game, and I know it doesn't last until replaced like I was hoping it would.

It wears off on the first hit. There are perks in the Alchemy constellation that can keep poisons longer though.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Hmm, so more of a specialty use thing, for particular opponents. Gives you something to do with all the stuff that alchemy pumps out though. I assume there is a way to apply it through the quick menu? I feel like using the full inventory would get old pretty fast if you used poison on more than the boss like monsters.

My usual combat setup is left hand with the healing spell, right hand with elven mace. I'm level 20 and my one-handed skill is 70. So far in my travels I haven't found any one-handed weapons that do as much damage as the elven mace that don't require enchanting. Does anyone know if there are any better one-handed weapons out there that I can use that don't have to be enchanted?

Also, for alchemy, any tips for starting out? Right now I just combine random things and hope I make something.

My usual combat setup is left hand with the healing spell, right hand with elven mace. I'm level 20 and my one-handed skill is 70. So far in my travels I haven't found any one-handed weapons that do as much damage as the elven mace that don't require enchanting. Does anyone know if there are any better one-handed weapons out there that I can use that don't have to be enchanted?

Also, for alchemy, any tips for starting out? Right now I just combine random things and hope I make something.

The Mace of Molag Bal. Ebony, 25 damage to Magicka and Stamina, steals souls on kill.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

The Mace of Molag Bal. Ebony, 25 damage to Magicka and Stamina, steals souls on kill.

I absolutely love the Mace of Molag Bal.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Help, i was doing the thieve guild quest where you go into calcemo museum, as soon as i went in there were guards couldnt sneak past them so killed them all. But for some reason i still have a 1000 bounty even though i killed everyone? So i had to fly out of the city (using console) to the gate where i quickly transported using the map. Anyway i can use console or something to get rid of it.

SUPER.gif

I finally got around to beating the main storyline. Dragonrend is so nice in combonation with Marked for Death.

I'm building my character so that when he's level 81, he'll have 400 Magicka, 400 Health, and 300 Stamina. Only 40 more levels to go.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Went to jail for comitting offense in Markarth. So now im in cidhna mine, how do i escape without serving my time?

I think there's a quest you have to start. Try talking to a big bodyguard guy or something.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Went to jail for comitting offense in Markarth. So now im in cidhna mine, how do i escape without serving my time?

That's a quest dungeon actually. Look on your questlist and see if you have a quest called "the forsworn conspiracy".

71Uoh.jpg

Oh god my liver.

Indeed. Well... it's time to train it I suppose.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

That drinking game is just crazy.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Yeeeah I ain't trying that. :geek:

Started a spellsword character. It's pretty fun merging magic and melee into one.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg