The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

sephiroth_king

I unintalled and will reinstall when:

1) one month after the Construction Kit has been out.

2) The Legion Overhaul mod gets updated where it doesn't cause game crashes. Essential mod.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

This game keeps amazing me. I got a letter today after a random NPC got killed by a dragon attack - apparently I was part of their will.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

This game keeps amazing me. I got a letter today after a random NPC got killed by a dragon attack - apparently I was part of their will.

I think you get these when followers die (maybe it was someone you had paid/hired, but wasn't with you at the time?). It was pretty hilarious and surprising to get 300 gold after slaying one of the bar hirees.

I started a new obligatory "kill everyone and anyone" character. I was planning on just running around with a battleaxe and heavy armor (and 2x scale) like a Dullahan.

However, I can't seem to get decapitated (which is supposed to happen when you have invincibility on and lose all health and are "finished" by an NPC). Headlessness is a pretty big part of the image I was trying to cultivate... :(

2dgucz6.png

I think you get these when followers die (maybe it was someone you had paid/hired, but wasn't with you at the time?). It was pretty hilarious and surprising to get 300 gold after slaying one of the bar hirees.

I started a new obligatory "kill everyone and anyone" character. I was planning on just running around with a battleaxe and heavy armor (and 2x scale) like a Dullahan.

However, I can't seem to get decapitated (which is supposed to happen when you have invincibility on and lose all health and are "finished" by an NPC). Headlessness is a pretty big part of the image I was trying to cultivate... :(

Heh, always found the inheritance notes hilarious.

Just today i had a friend come over, and he decided to rampage through Riverwood as a werewolf. No one was left alive (except for Hadvar... he never dies.) After fast travelling to Whiterun, I receive a courier's message right when the guards notice who I am. Got a note from him telling me I inherited gold.

I thought to myself: "Ooh, did Camilla have me in her will?"

Nope.

"Maybe Lucan feels he owes me after I got the golden claw back?"

Nope.

Or did Alvor really enjoy my company and wished to leave me a little something!?"

Nope.

I received cash from Embry, the town drunk. Best drink I've ever given.

22031_s.gif

^ Therefore killing people I've done favours for could be a potentially good way of money making?

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

If you choose to take that route, you should probably investigate Jarl Balgruuf's strange children before you start. I promise you it's related. ;)

________

Any tips on getting beheaded? Do I have to have the perk before the NPCs get access to it? Do they get access to it at a certain level? I never even got beheaded on my main lol...

2dgucz6.png

photobucket-4135-1328237759455.jpg

It's a shame he loses his ability to thu'um in this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKC6aloSQEg

He used to do nothing but guard a hold...

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

^ The arrow in the knee made me laugh profusely.

Allright, reinstalled as my conditions have been met :P

With workaround, winterized legion armor works great. Light armor in particular is amazing looking.

Also, Acceleration Layer ftw. 100+ FPS!

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

So it seems that Skyrim now makes use of the Steam Workshop. To commemorate this, Valve and Bethesda have created the first mod downloadable from the Workshop; everyone's favourite Space Core.

Console users can now go sit in a corner and wish they had bought the PC version/.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I sold my PS3 verson a few days ago and bought it back for the PC. I have to say I enjoy it more, besdies the fact I lost all my progress. It will befun to play through the game again :thumbup:

And to give my opinion on console VS PC... While I have been a console guy for as long as I can remember, the PC is slowly getting my attention. The problem is the amount of money needed to have a very good gaming PC.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Question: do Daedric artifacts need to be recharged?

Question: do Daedric artifacts need to be recharged?

I believe so. Which really isn't that bad once you get Azura's star.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

So it seems that Skyrim now makes use of the Steam Workshop. To commemorate this, Valve and Bethesda have created the first mod downloadable from the Workshop; everyone's favourite Space Core.

Similarly, free DLC: A high-resolution texture pack.

I'm downloading that at the moment. About 15 minuets left.

I hope not to mod my game too much. Only thing I've downloaded so far was a mod to let me make arrows. That's about all I really wanted.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I hope not to mod my game too much. Only thing I've downloaded so far was a mod to let me make arrows. That's about all I really wanted.

So far I have the Midas Magic mod, which is amazing and currently too OP, but the creator has said it's still a WIP. I also have a mod to reduce the weight of dragon bones and scales, a mod to add in brackets the skill tree to be levelled for books, and dynamic merchant gold, which means if you sell a lot of things to them in a few days they'll start to have an increased amount of gold. No limit to how much a merchant will end up with.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

So far I have the Midas Magic mod, which is amazing and currently too OP, but the creator has said it's still a WIP. I also have a mod to reduce the weight of dragon bones and scales, a mod to add in brackets the skill tree to be levelled for books, and dynamic merchant gold, which means if you sell a lot of things to them in a few days they'll start to have an increased amount of gold. No limit to how much a merchant will end up with.

The only one I would want is the last one. Sucks when I have so much shit to sell and no one to sell it too <_<

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]