The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

sephiroth_king

My skyrim crashes at times, it minimizes and wont go back to normal for like 2 minutes. Is it because i havelike 180 saved games?

The minimizing thing has been there since day one. Just click the skyrim icon again in your taskbar.

As for crashes, there are mods that help that.

My skyrim crashes at times, it minimizes and wont go back to normal for like 2 minutes. Is it because i havelike 180 saved games?

The minimizing thing has been there since day one. Just click the skyrim icon again in your taskbar.

Do the amount of saved games do anything bad to the game?

SUPER.gif

Do the amount of saved games do anything bad to the game?

I don't think so.

I think save-games are only linked to frame-rate issues, and that mainly seems to be confined to the PS3 version.

I had about 100 saves at one point as 'New Save' was the first option and i'm lazy. I had no effect on my game.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

It is...magnificent! :blink:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

The macho dragon mod was absolutely amazing.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4323

Would this be the particular mod you're speaking of?

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

It's a great mod. Essential for any install.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

[spoiler=Spoiler for some]Out of interest, who becomes Jarl of Windhelm once Ulfic's dead?

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

[spoiler=Spoiler for some]Out of interest, who becomes Jarl of Windhelm once Ulfic's dead?

[spoiler=Spoilerrific]Brunwulf Free-Winter

Thank you. :thumbup:

Started a second charecter, and instead of going pure mage I am hybriding ranged and sword+shield. All things considered, I like the play of my new charecter a lot more. The problem with the mage, was even though I could snipe with that build as well, it was a one shot deal. One bolt of lightning and everyone in the room, or close to the room, is going to know exactly where I am. The bow is allowing me to be a lot more subtle, occasionally taking out my foes without ever being spotted (it helps when my follower doesn't herroicly charge ahead, getting in my line of fire and announcing my pressence). And unlike the mage, in all those situations where I can't drop a person before they can close in on me, I can just whip out my sword and slice them up (plus now I get to enjoy the animations, my favorite being when you grab their neck and thrust your sword up under their ribs, especially when its done from behind).

I settled on a Breton this time, since I figured that I would probably have the most trouble with anything magic (and I was right), and once I get the elemental protection for my shield (in like 40 more levels <_< ), that will help even more. I really hate anything that uses frost even more now too. Frost is a kill joy.

I am trying to decide if I want to get smithing up, and go for the perks, or just pray that I find some awesome armour. I've descided on deadric armour if possible, which I suspect I have to make, so I might as well train it up. At least its a warrior skill, so the warriror stone has my back (in lieu of using a once a day stone, I carry a variety of scrolls with me to help with whatever situation I find myself in, which reminds me I'd really like to find another storm atronach because the last one totally kicked everyone's ass six ways from Sunday before I could do anything).

Two characters can play entirely different. Right now I'm focusing on archery and sneak and when they get close and spot me I pull out my dagger to finish them off quickly. Next playthrough I'll probably make a character that mostly uses 2-hander weapons or something. I'll play a lot more aggressively and upfront.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

Got this game for Christmas, only about 22 hours in, but it seems like it's been more. It's awesome. I'm level 19 right now.

Playing as a Nord specializing in one-handed weapons. I hate archery in every game ever, Skyrim is no exception.

No i cant seem to find it, cant remember whether it was mentioned on this thread or one on gt. Anyway the link you posted was helpful anyway ,thank you i downloaded it. :thumbsup:

Some modders are working on a multiplayer mod which would be quite cool although dont understand how they could do it.

SUPER.gif

No i cant seem to find it, cant remember whether it was mentioned on this thread or one on gt. Anyway the link you posted was helpful anyway ,thank you i downloaded it. :thumbsup:

Some modders are working on a multiplayer mod which would be quite cool although dont understand how they could do it.

They did it for oblivion. It runs two characters on the same computer.

Strangely, Lydia dying was sadder than I'd imagined. Perhaps I shouldn't have used a Shout while she was kneeling. :P

I wanted a new character because it would have been really difficult to try and convert my mage. It's already got level, and perks spent, and it has no provision made to survive an up close fight. Trying to convert it would mean a lot of dying, and it would only detract from my magic abilities. I also wanted a different race, something more tailored to a warrior. For me, I wanted extra magic resistance.

Besides, I wasn't that far into the game, especially not in the story quests. Since my combat focus is now entirely different, my focus is on different quests more suited to my talents.

And I've decided to invest some time in smithing, and the 5 perks that I'll need to create daedric armour. Even if I could find that armour on my enemies, I wouldn't be able to improve it, and I just saw what superior looks like on my skyforge sword and steel armor, and I'm sold. I'll need it for my weapons if nothing else, since swords and bows don't have great damage (at least the sword makes up for it by being fast, bows just have a low dps).