The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

sephiroth_king

I may be wandering a little offtopic here, but I was wondering where you'd all like to see the next TES game set ('All of Tamriel' not being a valid answer ;-) ). My personal preference would probably be High Rock, followed by the Summerset Isles.

Valenwood, particularly set after the Aldmeri Dominion assumes control of Tamriel.

hzvjpwS.gif

So I married Senna and I bought Honeyside.

Is there a better house than Honeyside or?

Yeah, the ones in markarth, solitude and windhelm are all better. I have the ones in markarth and solitude but I can't get the one in windhelm (glitch).

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

So I married Senna and I bought Honeyside.

Is there a better house than Honeyside or?

Yeah, the ones in markarth, solitude and windhelm are all better. I have the ones in markarth and solitude but I can't get the one in windhelm (glitch).

Ah, I like Honeyside because you don't even have to enter Riften to go into the house. Although I guess it's good for the time being considering I don't have a whole lot of coin. (Only 15kish left)

j0xPu5R.png

I would love to see Hammerfell. Would be such a big difference from Oblivion and Skyrim which centre around your standard forest/mountain/plains. It would also give us the opportunity to find some very different enemies.

Is there any way to get divorced without killing your wife? I married the woman from Riften who wanted to protect the city, she's called something the Lionheart. The annoying thing is that the man who saved her life and followed her around pre-marriage still follows her around and is always in my house which annoys the hell out of me. I've also seen some very good looking barmaids in Marketh who would make good wives.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I would love to see Hammerfell. Would be such a big difference from Oblivion and Skyrim which centre around your standard forest/mountain/plains. It would also give us the opportunity to find some very different enemies.

Is there any way to get divorced without killing your wife? I married the woman from Riften who wanted to protect the city, she's called something the Lionheart. The annoying thing is that the man who saved her life and followed her around pre-marriage still follows her around and is always in my house which annoys the hell out of me. I've also seen some very good looking barmaids in Marketh who would make good wives.

Just kill the follower?

polvCwJ.gif

I would but I play as a good guy, so don't like killing innocent people if it's un-needed.

Then you should go to the next level of good guy and languish in a loveless marriage because it would be an affront to Mara to scorn her blessing on your union.

trollface.png

hzvjpwS.gif

I don't think you can divorce your wife/husband except thru PC console commands or mods.

A TESVI: Hammerfell would be so badass. I have a feeling it's going to be set there or in Elswyer, both cool places regardless.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I would but I play as a good guy, so don't like killing innocent people if it's un-needed.

Then you should go to the next level of good guy and languish in a loveless marriage because it would be an affront to Mara to scorn her blessing on your union.

trollface.png

hahaha I was just thinking that :D

polvCwJ.gif

Ha, on the subject of playing as a good guy...

Apparently, once I am in a situation where there are no consequences or real people involved, I have absolutely no qualms about killing and stealing anything that gives me the slightest justification (after all, the more people I zap the faster I level). Unlike fallout, where I had to worry about karma, in Skyrim my new occupation is breaking into shops that dare not be open 24/7 to loot them. The only problem is that I can't sell stolen goods for some reason (seriously, I should just have to travel to another city or something), so this limits me to stealing things that are of use to me. I don't kill hunters or other innocent people on the road though. They have to be rude to me first.

I found the perfect mage sword for me. It causes everything level 10 and down to flee for 30 seconds, which is still a good portion of my enemies. Not only are they not stabbing me, they aren't even attacking me.

I can now get chain lightning off at half cost, but dual casted its still eating up my magicka like mad. I also finally remembered that I am a high elf, with the highborn power. I get a minute of virtually unlimited magicka out of that, enough to launch at least 5 dual chain lightinings without giving the dragon to much time to shoot back. Once it gets to low, I just go to dual lightning and if I can time it right, I can keep the dragon perpetually stunned and kill it before it can do any damage at all (and my etheral power totally has my back if I [bleep] up). Nexct time I am fighting with highborn, I need to try using a dual cast ward against the gragon breath, or maybe the medium grade ward in one hand with lightning in the other. I can't think of a better way to give the dragon a nice big symbolic middle finger except to stand there behind my magical shield laughing at it.

And speaking of wards, they seem fairly useless to a pure mage. All it does is eat my magicka until I can't return fire or heal myself. Even if I time it right its still a major drain (plus I prefer to dual cast to take advantage of two of my perks). Much to my annoyance, wards in enemy hands are not only able vastly reduce my stun effect, but are totally blocking at least one of my shouts (I need to test my ice shout against the next mage with a ward I find).

Tomorrow, I think I'll hunt down the rest of my ice shout. Just one word is really strong, so I'd love to see what I can do with two or three of them (the recharge on 3 is going to be like 3 minutes >.>).

Apparently, once I am in a situation where there are no consequences or real people involved, I have absolutely no qualms about killing and stealing anything that gives me the slightest justification (after all, the more people I zap the faster I level). Unlike fallout, where I had to worry about karma, in Skyrim my new occupation is breaking into shops that dare not be open 24/7 to loot them. The only problem is that I can't sell stolen goods for some reason (seriously, I should just have to travel to another city or something), so this limits me to stealing things that are of use to me. I don't kill hunters or other innocent people on the road though. They have to be rude to me first.

I found the perfect mage sword for me. It causes everything level 10 and down to flee for 30 seconds, which is still a good portion of my enemies. Not only are they not stabbing me, they aren't even attacking me.

I can now get chain lightning off at half cost, but dual casted its still eating up my magicka like mad. I also finally remembered that I am a high elf, with the highborn power. I get a minute of virtually unlimited magicka out of that, enough to launch at least 5 dual chain lightinings without giving the dragon to much time to shoot back. Once it gets to low, I just go to dual lightning and if I can time it right, I can keep the dragon perpetually stunned and kill it before it can do any damage at all (and my etheral power totally has my back if I [bleep] up). Nexct time I am fighting with highborn, I need to try using a dual cast ward against the gragon breath, or maybe the medium grade ward in one hand with lightning in the other. I can't think of a better way to give the dragon a nice big symbolic middle finger except to stand there behind my magical shield laughing at it.

And speaking of wards, they seem fairly useless to a pure mage. All it does is eat my magicka until I can't return fire or heal myself. Even if I time it right its still a major drain (plus I prefer to dual cast to take advantage of two of my perks). Much to my annoyance, wards in enemy hands are not only able vastly reduce my stun effect, but are totally blocking at least one of my shouts (I need to test my ice shout against the next mage with a ward I find).

Tomorrow, I think I'll hunt down the rest of my ice shout. Just one word is really strong, so I'd love to see what I can do with two or three of them (the recharge on 3 is going to be like 3 minutes >.>).

There's a speech perk where you can sell any item to any merchant, and another...I think pickpocketing perk where you can sell merchants their own items.

I remember walking into a guy who said he was on his way to a wedding and just bought very expensive gifts for the lucky couple.

I killed him.

Lol I did this too.

polvCwJ.gif

If you join the thieves guild, there are fences that you can sell stolen items to.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I have this need to steal from strongboxes and to steal alchemical ingredients. Although I try to be nice to people (well, except the aspiring mage with the expensive staff, I ALWAYS kill him when my speech check fails).

22031_s.gif

I remember walking into a guy who said he was on his way to a wedding and just bought very expensive gifts for the lucky couple.

I killed him.

This is my method of playing.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau