The return of staking??

CallmeNice

Mage boxing is a little bit better (still not exactly something you can consistently stack in your favor, though...). A lot of people have been talking about straight melee boxing though.

At that point I'd rather just f2p stake with armor off.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any way possibly to obtain an advantage when straight up melle boxing?

(doubt i will get replies as people will be reluctant to reveal their secrets, but worth a try)

Depends on the rules.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

(doubt i will get replies as people will be reluctant to reveal their secrets, but worth a try)

Your levels, I guess.

And the Hax Gods.

Your levels, I guess.

And the Hax Gods.

No, your levels don't matter much, what does matter, however, is your fighting style and knowing how to switch it. In addition to that, knowing how much to stake with certain people also matters.

NormaIize.png

I don't get it- if everyone's going to be melee boxing that makes it impossible to gain an advantage, which basically means betting large amounts of money on a coin toss.

How is everyone planning to get rich on coin tosses? You do realize half of you are going to lose your banks right?

Staking isn't about stats, equipment, or tactics-- it's about knowing how much to stake against whom at what time.

77yLQy8.png

I don't get it- if everyone's going to be melee boxing that makes it impossible to gain an advantage, which basically means betting large amounts of money on a coin toss.

How is everyone planning to get rich on coin tosses? You do realize half of you are going to lose your banks right?

Staking isn't about stats, equipment, or tactics-- it's about knowing how much to stake against whom at what time.

...in the case of melee boxing... Stake high against people with lower stats and low against people with higher stats? O_o

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

...in the case of melee boxing... Stake high against people with lower stats and low against people with higher stats? O_o

More to it than that... people don't always stake "fairly"

77yLQy8.png

So basically calculating your odds to win in comparison to your stats and your opponents stats? Now that we know the accuracy formula it wouldn't be hard to figure out your chance of winning and betting appropriately. Basically staking had become a form of merching combined with getting the first hit and gambling and all skill is removed

So basically calculating your odds to win in comparison to your stats and your opponents stats? Now that we know the accuracy formula it wouldn't be hard to figure out your chance of winning and betting appropriately. Basically staking had become a form of merching combined with getting the first hit and gambling and all skill is removed

There's still this "feeling" that you need. I mean, you can explain flipping to any noob, but a lot of them will not get the hang of it. Now staking is a bit more complicated, so I really do not expect anybody to just learn it by the book.

I mean, compare it to seducing a girl in the disco. You can read all you want about it, and how it should be done, if you don't have this "feeling" for it, you won't succeed. (I'm talking about these chatty guys that can just walk up to a girl, talk to her, and score. I can garantuee you can't learn this in a book, because you will come over waaay to awkward, reciting all the "good sentences" you learned from the book).

What can I say, gl pures with phats, enjoy losing them to me.

Pures won't fight you...they'll fight people who are their level.

I have more than one account, lol. :roll:

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Looks like I'll be boxing for now until there's a "no degradable" weapons choice, or at least until I get back up to 200M or so. That should be enough to where using a degradable is worth it. At least I'll be boxing when I stake maxed main accounts. I should be able to stake dds/dragon scimmy as I'm combat 84 (will be 87 when I'm ready). I've gotten up to 70 dungeoneering in the past 3 weeks, just in case. Only 15 more levels to go.

wanna stake me on your pure :thumbup:

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

No one's gonna stake you with summoning or armor on unless it's vs. a main. And the few that do won't stake again, which is really where money comes from (cleaning people).

No one's gonna stake you with summoning or armor on unless it's vs. a main. And the few that do won't stake again, which is really where money comes from (cleaning people).

Hoping cocky people like him will stake his phat on the first stake L

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Suppose there might be some opportunity to make a lot of money staking against dumb pures that weren't around during the days of actual staking.

However, I don't imagine that will last for too long.

And as someone who does not have a pure, I haven't decided if I want to get involved in the real of maxed-stat staking where it really is 90% luck.

So when you stake a good bit of money. Do you always fight no armor? Or do you wear your best gear, use food/pots etc?

It used to be no armour or just 1-single handed weapon (it won't be that now because of high-level weapons).

So when you stake a good bit of money. Do you always fight no armor? Or do you wear your best gear, use food/pots etc?

It used to be no armour or just 1-single handed weapon (it won't be that now because of high-level weapons).

So...it wont really be a death match....it will be complete luck....

PayMe.png

PayMe.png

So...it wont really be a death match....it will be complete luck....

Near every form of Pvp combat in this game is 100% luck.

Staking has/always will be most popular "1 iteming." (whip/dds, rapier/dds, etc)

I'm pretty sure no one who stakes with the intention of making money wants to have a 30 minute fight with someone in max def bonuses and 25 brews.

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

The problem with armour staking is that there are too many variables involved, and it is difficult to predict if what you have is better than your opponent. In the case of both players having the same armour, exactly the same amount of luck is involved as would be if both players wore no armour. Pures should be aware that anyone above 20 defence can stick on a whole set of PvP armour.

If you're prepared to take the risk of not knowing what armour your opponent has, then go for it, but don't be upset when they have full torva.

Staking, for the most part (if you are fighting someone of approximately equal strength), involves two factors. Getting the first hit, and luck.

Founder of Fast Free Double Natures 40292632082564828.png

Click here to see my Goals and Achievements!

So when staking at say my lvl...138...if I would want to stake for 1m each fight, then I would do no armor/food/pots/prayer and do one handed weapons only

Try to get the first hit....and hope that i hit accurately.

Rofl....I was gonna buy up some good armor if thats what people do.

So I guess you have to turn off magic too huh....or is that even possible

PayMe.png

PayMe.png