The return of staking??

CallmeNice

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my steel pure has waited for this day forever! I got about 5mil to stake till I either go broke or rich. Lets see how rich I can make him (or poor... cant forget about that option :D).

But in all honesty I cant wait. I bought my first rare after winning a 2mil stake (not much) and buying an easter egg for 5mil turns out I would resell it for a 1mil profit and a few years later it was worth 20 times as much as it use to be. This time Im gunna hoard as much rares and goods as I can till retirement or till I go broke. Hope to see you guys around in the good ol da :P

Link2fast.png

mybbsig.png

Can't wait for idiots to mage stake with autocast. lol.

Also beware of ddosing.

Don't gotta worry about DDOS if you don't go to any other forums/use IRC

ddossing is pretty much outdated. Any half decent ISP nowadays catches a ddos attack when the target is a consumer (which consumer would have lots of meaningless attempts at retrieving data?). So they're effectivelly trying to ddos a whole ISP -.-

I can DoS many people's internet, it isn't blocked until before it is too late. The only requirement is LOIC and a better upload speed than your victims download speed.

DDoS'ing is harder as you need to acquire a botnet.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Melee staking well be over, you have to have claws + chaotic.

Mage stakining without any worn items and boxing will probably be only ways to stake.

Claws is 2 handed, most melee stakes are always 1 handed, so claws would never be used in stakes and Mage stake was always done without any worn items in old school anyway, most of the staking was done with no armour

I quit purely because this was taken away. If it comes back, I might come back.

Bring on the moneys :)

nottoday.png

Yeh man, Good memories from Bowker too, i cleaned him for 2b before staking got taken away

Can't wait for staking. Means I'll have to get a chaotic staff in order to mage stake again though, which'll kinda suck. Oh well, at least rapier/cls don't horribly outclass the whip in terms of staking so normal dds-whip staking should still be a pretty valid choice for me when they re-implement it.

people rarely allowed staffs on for mage staking... it was usually no equipment, or only boots or gloves on.

I'm sure there'll be a "no dungeoneering rewards" checkbox for duels eventually

Yeh not many allowed staff on old school staking, was no armour 95%, and hope their is a no dungeoneering box.

Dont forget that mage staking probably gonna be done without any staffs now just because those chaotic staffs.

Yep thats right lol..

I still feel that someone who has high Defence and Attack with low Strength will destroy anyone, all it takes is someone rich enough to own Elysian shield (sp?) with Vesta or some-sort of strong armour and they'll be pretty much unbeatable, don't forget there is % damage soaking now.

Not true, the percentage that stake with armour on is not even %5 , so not worth the time and effort making such an character , and having no one to stake.

Old School Pker / Staker

Hitting it up Since 03

Staking

What is going to happen with staking at the Duel Arena?

Staking is returning! So you will be able to bet anything tradable on the outcome of the battle.

Will I be able to stake in any other Activities?

You will be able to stake in Conquest!

The rat pits also remains if you want to bet a few coins on your cats prowess, but thats just for fun and has restrictions in place.

Will you add more options for staking in the Duel Arena? For example No Degradable Items or Team Staking?

Not at this time, but potentially in the future.

Whats happening to duel tournaments?

We are switching off the duel tournaments with a view to reworking the activity in the future. Simply put, it wasnt providing the service that either the players or JAGEX wanted to offer, and we felt it was better to remove it totally. Peoples ranks and hiscores will be preserved in case they are relevant in the future.

NormaIize.png

Staking

Staking is returning! So you will be able to bet anything tradable on the outcome of the battle.

The rat pits also remains if you want to bet a few coins on your cats prowess, but thats just for fun and has restrictions in place.

Will you add more options for staking in the Duel Arena? For example No Degradable Items or Team Staking?

We are switching off the duel tournaments with a view to reworking the activity in the future. Simply put, it wasnt providing the service that either the players or JAGEX wanted to offer, and we felt it was better to remove it totally. Peoples ranks and hiscores will be preserved in case they are relevant in the future.

In other words, if you don't have a vls & rapier for old school dds + whip or just whip dms, your screwed.

Looks like I'll be 100% box staking \:D/

Staking

In other words, if you don't have a vls & rapier for old school dds + whip or just whip dms, your screwed.

Looks like I'll be 100% box staking \:D/

word

NormaIize.png

Staking doesn't sound fun at all, if everything is going to be turned off...

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Staking doesn't sound fun at all, if everything is going to be turned off...

That's what I'm getting from this too.

I mean, I understand WHY you would want to turn most of these off, but it still doesn't sound too great.

Guess you have to have been a staker, *shug*.

With torva and pernix etc, nobody is going to armour stake (as if anybody did before, but okay)

With dungeoneering weapons, VLS, etc... nobody is going to stake with weapons on.

Well, that doesn't leave much, right :)

No armor, no weapons, fists only, Final destination.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Hey guys, i was just wondering what would be the best for me to start staking.

My current stats are: Attack 98/ Str 87 / Def 88 / HP 96 / Mage 93 / Range 90

I was wondering if it would just be best for me to get 99 attack str and def and just do boxing matches... or if i should get 99 atk 99 str and 90 def and do 1 hand melee no dungeoneering weps so i can use DDs + Whip or Vesta Long. Just give me some feedback so i can decide what to do when and if i comeback.

My 2 cents:

No, high stakers will not be using familiars.

Not sure when staking will be released, as it is not mentioned in JaGeX's latest announcement.

I'm thinking melee boxing will be even more popular than before.

Oh, and I will be one rich RuneScaper.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

Can't wait for idiots to mage stake with autocast. lol.

Also beware of ddosing.

Don't gotta worry about DDOS if you don't go to any other forums/use IRC

ddossing is pretty much outdated. Any half decent ISP nowadays catches a ddos attack when the target is a consumer (which consumer would have lots of meaningless attempts at retrieving data?). So they're effectivelly trying to ddos a whole ISP -.-

I can DoS many people's internet, it isn't blocked until before it is too late. The only requirement is LOIC and a better upload speed than your victims download speed.

DDoS'ing is harder as you need to acquire a botnet.

No you in reality you need a higher upload speed than the ISP's speed.. ISPs use throtling to make sure you can handle peak loads we experience.. So you'll have to stop the ISP from functioning

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

My 2 cents:

No, high stakers will not be using familiars.

Not sure when staking will be released, as it is not mentioned in JaGeX's latest announcement.

I'm thinking melee boxing will be even more popular than before.

Oh, and I will be one rich RuneScaper.

Agreed, with the new stupid dung. skill, people will undoubtedly mage box and melee box more than ever before, it's bound to be the most popular type of staking.

NormaIize.png

I don't get it- if everyone's going to be melee boxing that makes it impossible to gain an advantage, which basically means betting large amounts of money on a coin toss.

How is everyone planning to get rich on coin tosses? You do realize half of you are going to lose your banks right?

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I don't get it- if everyone's going to be melee boxing that makes it impossible to gain an advantage, which basically means betting large amounts of money on a coin toss.

How is everyone planning to get rich on coin tosses? You do realize half of you are going to lose your banks right?

You can use magic, I believe. That would introduce some sort of "skill" aspect with the spells and such? Idk.

You can use magic, I believe. That would introduce some sort of "skill" aspect with the spells and such? Idk.

Mage boxing ftw

NormaIize.png

Mage boxing is a little bit better (still not exactly something you can consistently stack in your favor, though...). A lot of people have been talking about straight melee boxing though.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png